[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dostoevsky, Fyodor. A prophet, a clap-trap journalist and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tao-yates-pic.jpg (484 KB, 723x1000) Image search: [Google]
tao-yates-pic.jpg
484 KB, 723x1000
>Dostoevsky, Fyodor. A prophet, a clap-trap journalist and a slap-dash comedian. No one takes his reactionary journalism seriously.

Do you agree with our boy Tao?
>>
>Twitter. Good. I like to tweet. Tweeting makes me feel good, so I like it.
>>
>>7323571
If he said that then he is the stupidest nigger to ever bear epicanthic folds
>>
>>7323571
Nabokov said that.
http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations
>>
one of a few accurate nabokovisms
>>
>>7323571
Too big head. Much too delicate shoulders -- he will likely fade into obscurity within two years.
>>
>>7323579
newfaggggg
>>
>>7323581

Summed up:

>Every revered author except for me is shit; not enough lolis and butterflies

I like Nabokov but god damn.
>>
>>7324475
>http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations

They're hilarious.
>>
>>7324516
Could you imagine knowing some guy and recommending him one of the badly reviewed ones like dosto and him just saying that shit? Dont know if id laugh or want to punch him in the face but either way id probably keep him at a distance.

>id totally would keep track to see if hed write a book though desu.
>>
>>7323571
More like:

>Dostoevsky. Guess I'm a writer so I have to have an opinion on him. Umm. It's fine I think.
>>
>>7324558
>he thinks nabokov was wrong about dostoyevsky
>>
>>7324574
His opinion on Faulkner though was pleb.
>>
>>7324574
I think he was wrong, yet still holds a point. He does say he is criticizing him with the ideal being very great writers, but i think it still falls short (or maybe rather too far). Sure dostoevsky stuck a lot to emotions, barely ever describing landscapes or settings or whatever. He did write strong emotional stories, true. But what is wrong with that? Sure he is not like some others but he's definitely not to be aborred in the slightest. His stories are really worth reading, and not because "they're just barely worth it".
>>
>>7323579
>being this new
>>
>>7324807
Nobokov is the type of autist who thinks anything that is not reverentially materialist is trying to trick you into idealism.
>>
Why does it matter what Nabokov said about anyone? He is a good writer, I don't care if he tortured dogs in his free time, he would still be one of my favorite authors.
>>
File: jesse-eisenberg.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
jesse-eisenberg.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
>>7324967
Yeah, watching the dfw movie rn and i would think that nabokov is an autist (not literally but you know what i mean) just like Wallace.

Btw: who else is annoyed by pic related's typecast character? Dont know if thats how he really is or not but damn shit gets annoying after a movie or two.
Also
>that protrayel of wallace
>>
>>7325155
>hurr durr why does x matter
this is the shittiest reply for anything on 4chan. clearly people want to discuss this. do you suggest that people stop posting just because you dont care about a topic? fuck off, retard.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.