[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of your favorite methods, programs, and/or books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 585x952) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 585x952
What are some of your favorite methods, programs, and/or books for learning new languages /lit/?
>>
>>7319953
I have memorized most of the New Testament so I just read that in whatever language I am trying to learn
>>
>>7319957
What about languages that, grammatically, are completely different? Or with different alphabets?
>>
Obviously when you turn 12 your ability to learn foreign language starts totally exhausting and you wont learn a language to native-like level? And if you are more than 16 you wont learn it at all. Sorry mate, but the truth is that you're too late! Ciao!
>>
>>7321576
Please stop posting such blatant bullshit.
>>
honestly -- save money, move someplace where everyone speaks your target language. take classes in language until you can speak just enough to survive, get service industry job where you talk to native speakers all day, still take classes in the evening.
rosettastone or duolingo or whatever meme shit is new -- it doesn't work.
>>
>>7321587
how the world can bear such a naive stupid redneck like you. Can you understand that adults can't learn language like children do? IT'S TOO LATE!
>>
>>7321591
>>7321576
please go
>>
>>7321594
play on my little child, 'adult child' to be exact
>>
>>7321591
i did this, senpai. i learned english between ages 19-22
>>
>>7321605
btw supermemo and anki are a really good idea to amplify your vocab, sorry about written above, bro, i was just trolling. So where are you from?
>>
>>7321582
you are cancer
>>
brazil -- i moved to canada, took intensive ESL courses 5 days a week for 6 months, 8 hours a day (i know this isn't a possible option for everyone, but i had very low rent, some savings, and the classes were government funded and very cheap), then got a job at a cafe and kept up semi-intensives in the evening.
i tried to learn english beforehand back home, which i'm sure helped a little bit, but the improvments i made in grammar & vocab within the first 2 months here outweighed almost 4 years of study in rio
>>
>>7321638
well done then, your english is really excellent. As for me, i simply wasted my time and have never gone to a teacher in my life. Got started like you, when i was a man of 19, today i'm 21 and I do extremely regret for losing my time
>>
>>7321638
Btw, can you read any book you want easily, having fun?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.