[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goodreads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
November Goodreads thread. Post your account and find new friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2408134-sebastian
>>
>>7314421
>401 books read in 2015
How? Please? I wish I had your super powers.
>>
>>7314453

I was most of the year either in the hospital or at home on welfare-
>>
>>7314421
Is having a goodreads account fun?
>>
>>7314464

it helps you to keep a nice backlog
>>
>>7314464
Being able to show off the books you read on Facebook can be decent motivation for getting them finished. I just use it for that.
>>
Hi Sebastian, not sure if you've noticed but lit has changed. Going forward anything that isn't explicitly literature needs to go on its own board. Therefor, please delete this thread and recreate it on /soc/, thank you.
>>>/soc/
>>
>>7314464
I like to receive on my email the list of books that my goodreads friends are reading or have read. It helps me to discover new books without browsing this board so often.
The goodreads reports improved since I added people here. Most of them have a taste similar to mine.

>>7314551
/lit/ never changes.
>>
>>7314551
Not sure if you've noticed but your totalitarian opinion belongs on /pol/. Any feels you get from literature belong on the feels board, /r9k/. A book which contains any religious motifs belongs on /x/.
>>
>>7314565
Don't forget sci-fi being on /sci/ and fantasy on /x/.

Novels having to do with animals belong on /an/, unless they have to do with horses and ponies which in that case should go on /mlp/.

In fact, since the MLP fandom is considered a new sincerity movement by academics, IJ should head over there.
>>
>>7314579
Requests go on /r/, so don't post a thread asking any questions. Sharing your book collection goes on /soc/. As soon as a book is adapted into a film, it's banned from /lit/ and can only be discussed on /tv/.
>>
>>7314551
Don't listen to him: goodreads is an integral part of the /lit/ community, and the mods wouldn't dare split /lit/ up more than they already have.
>>
>>7314579
this anon is correct

>>7314565
it seems to me you may be trying to engage in philosophical dialog with me. please refraim from this activity on /lit/ and create a new thread on /his/
>>
>>7314594
If you ask if you can find a book online, go to /t/. If the book deals with the arts or aesthetics, go to /ic/. If it is by a Japanese author, it should go on /jp/. If it is by a foreign author or in another language, it should go to /int/. Political writings should go on /pol/.
>>
>>7314602
>please refrain
Please leave your requests on /r/. If I wanted your advice, I would have posted on /adv/.
>>
>>7314614
Yes and self-help books belong on /adv/ as well.
>>
Ihr habt doch alle einen Schaden.
>>
File: 1443340683693.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1443340683693.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>7314608
Any literature older than 25 years is a historical work (The /his/ sticky says so) and should be discussed on /his/.
>>
>>7314565
>>7314579
>>7314594
>>7314602
>>7314608
>>7314614
>>7314625
This is beautiful.

Fuck. Since this was off-topic, I should go to /b/ and since it was meta, I must go to /qa/.
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/48240803
Apologizes for so few books, I spent most of my life playing video games.
>>
>>7314888
Good taste
>>
>>7314888
DO NOT APOLOGIZE

THE ÜBERMENSCH IS NEVER SORRY
EVER
>>
>>7314464
Yeah the recommendations can be pretty useful sometimes. I really hate the "updates" thing though because it shows what random plebs are reading
>>
>>7316497
does being a patrician mean being too stupid to change the settings of a website? you can pick who you want your updates from
>>
>>7316534
I can't change the settings in my cellphone because when I try to, it asks for my password, and I use my amazon account to login. For some reason I can only use the "login with amazon account" option, otherwise no matter the email - password combination, it doesn't work.
>>
>>7316497
I prefer the updates to recommendations. Most people here read interesting books, but

>rate The Fountainhead 1-star
>"Hey! You read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Here are some books that you may like: Atlas Shrugged, Hymn, ..."
>>
>>7314464

It's an easy way to keep track of how many books/pages you read in a year.

Not that you should become some vapid, poshlost stat-hunter, but it can be somewhat motivating.

And it makes your ego feel nice and engorged too.
>>
I checked out who was the #1 reader on goodreads for my country. It's a fat skank who has read everything by J.D. Tyler, Alpha Pack something or other, as well as mountains of gay pulp.

Great community.
>>
>>7314453
Reading books that quickly is pleb as fuck mate
>>
>>7316682
>being dyslexic is patrician
makes sense on this patrish board
>>
>>7316682
I don't read that quickly. I read around 60-120 pages/hour, sometimes >10hours a day.
>>
www.goodreads.com/jonyo
>>
>>7316694
>he doesn't spend an hour per page
>he doesn't analyse every detail of the book
>he has never experienced the literary lifestyle
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.