[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The count of Monte Cristo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: IMAG0085.jpg (715 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0085.jpg
715 KB, 1520x2688
Anybody interested?
>>
In a readalong, you mean?

No.
>>
>>7230132
I think he wants to sell it.
>>
>>7230149
I remember a few years back I sold a copy of Sleep - Dopesmoker on cassette to some guy off /mu/. Ahhh, good times.
>>
>>7230124
I'll paypal you a few bucks for it
>>
>>7230171
It's only 7 bucks at Barnes and Noble. That exact copy too
>>
>>7230797
Be careful which edition you get. A lot of the versions you see these days are heavily abridged down to barely more than half the original length, losing much of the original's atmosphere and subtleties.

If your copy isn't over a thousand pages, you've got the wrong version.
>>
>>7232128
>over a thousand pages
Surely you jest?
My copy has 800+ pages and claims to be unabridged.
>>
>>7232128

Mine is 1080, and is supposedly full-length, though I hear it should be around ~1200.

>tfw I read an 800-page version on my first and so far only readthrough
>>
File: havik mouths off.png (707 KB, 510x637) Image search: [Google]
havik mouths off.png
707 KB, 510x637
>>7233367
Fuck me, looks like I'm going to be rereading this book once I'm finished.
>>
I'm 19 hrs into a 52 hr long audiobook. Has really good moments so far, although sometimes there are full chapters with characters that I don't know who they are.
>>
>>7230124
>tfw there are no single tome editions in french
>>
File: 1419456832932.png (219 KB, 368x334) Image search: [Google]
1419456832932.png
219 KB, 368x334
>>7232128
>tfw you read the full 1000+ page version and felt that it was bloated and should've been shorter
>>
>>7234195
Know what you mean. The worst part is that there is no in between with the quality of the chapters. They're either 10/10 well done or feel like they were filler while Dumas got on with other things. Can kinda tell at times he was riding the whole serialization thing out.
>>
>>7234277
Same person.
Aside from the several chapters that could've been edited out, the only other problem I have with the book are Dumas' references to his own life.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.