[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /lit/ I have read Homers Iliad and Odyssey, Sophocles Three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: cat seven.jpg (243 KB, 1024x718) Image search: [Google]
cat seven.jpg
243 KB, 1024x718
sup /lit/
I have read Homers Iliad and Odyssey, Sophocles Three Theban Plays, Aristophanes Frogs and Other Plays, Herodotus Histories, Thucydides History of the Peloponnesian War, Virgils Aeneid, and Gene Wolfes Latro cycle.
What else would you recommend?
>>
Which of Aristophanes' did you like best?
>>
RTFS
>>
Plato - The Republic
The Trial of Socrates
>>
>>7228866
Frogs
>>
>>7228857
start with greeks
>>
>>7228876
Aw, you're going to miss out on Euripides then. I'd recommend you comedies but you obviously have a shitty sense of humor to like Frogs best.
>>
>>7228870
These.
And Aristotles main work.

When people mean start with the Greeks it generally means those big 3.
>>
>>7228881
Commence with the Chinese
>>
the sticky
>>
bump
>>7228944
what Chinese works do you recommend? Any more modern Chinese authorities you are familiar with? How about any scholars who write about Chinese and East Asian literature?
>>
Aeschylus's Oresteia, the greatest achievement of Greek drama
>>
Aristophanes Lysistrata.
>>
I'm leaning towards cat #5 but cat #7 is also pretty cool.
>>
>>7228857
Fuck 4
Marry 7
Kill 3
>>
>>7228857
Cat 1 is the coolest.
>>
>>7228857
I want to hug 7
>>
>>7230630
>that dialectical reconciliation of the daylight power of the polis with the darkness and concealment of individuality in the form of the Furies, all absorbed into the simplicity of Zeus.

Beautiful.
>>
>>7228857
How about actually getting into the Romans instead of just one work?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.