[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As we expand our knowledge of good books, we shrink the circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ludwig-andreas-feuerbach.png (146 KB, 445x524) Image search: [Google]
ludwig-andreas-feuerbach.png
146 KB, 445x524
>As we expand our knowledge of good books, we shrink the circle of men whose company we appreciate.

Do you agree? I'm shy and awkward enough that an interaction with basically anyone is something to be endured rather than appreciated. But I do think being well read can heighten boredom with the less contemplative
>>
File: 1431761318472.png (394 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
1431761318472.png
394 KB, 439x500
bump
>>
>>7226052
I agree and disagree. Reading also makes you smarter and quite frankly if you're that shy then reading can only help you. If you read the right books that is(good books).
>>
I've found that reading has increased my capacity for empathy and made me more appreciative of humanity in general.
>>
File: gif.webm (265 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
gif.webm
265 KB, 486x500
>>7226052
>>
>>7226541

This is also my experience.
>>
>>7226566
Fucking hell.
>>
>>7226566
So this is what a wizard looks like.
>>
>>7226052
The first difference is vocabulary, conversing with people with a diminutive vocab and having to talk in layman is less satisfying but personally gratifying in an egoist way.
>>
>>7226052
It's the opposite...
>>
>>7226602
definitely, but that shouldn't keep you from expressing your thoughts as they should be; it's the laymans loss if he doesn't understand
>>
>>7226623
This, honestly. I can't say that my circle of friends has gotten bigger, but being well read helps to understand various situations that can usually be applied in real life.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.