[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts about him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Miroslav Krleža.jpg (28 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
Miroslav Krleža.jpg
28 KB, 380x500
Thoughts about him?
>>
Do you have any, OP?
>>
The Return of Philip Latinowicz and On The Edge of Reason are pretty damn good.
>>
>>7219147
No I don't even know who he is!
>>
>>7219089
His reputation is undeserved, but understandable cosidering the quality of the rest of the country's literary output. His plays and poetry are his best works, in my opinion, because he was a master of dialogue and satire/irony. The unfortunate truth is that this myth of Krleza is more a result of political machinations rather than artistic merit.

I believe the younger generations are growing disillusioned with him and that his stature will diminish with time.
>>
>>7219147
Probably the greatest writer from my country, certainly my favourite one. I just wanted to see how foreigners perceive him.
>>7219158
>The Return of Philip Latinowicz
Yes, loved it. My favourite is Messrs. Glembay though.
>>7220015
Nicely put, thanks for replying.
>>
Any other Croats worth reading for people who aren't Croats? Only other one I know is Ranko Marinković
>>
>>7220442
Gundulić ;^)
>>
>>7221026
Yeah, most European languages seem to have their hundreds of years old classics, so they're probably all worth checking out
>>
>>7221026
This guy wrote an epic poem in tetrameter apparently. Epic poems in tetrameter are weird as it doesn't have the same gravitas as pentameter. I do find it more entertaining to read, though. Another example is The Song of Hiawatha by Longfellow
>>
>>7220442
Ivo Andrić, a serbo-croatian writer.
August Šenoa
Janko Polić Kamov
Ivan Goran Kovačić (very good)
Antun Branko Šimić
Tin Ujević
>>
>>7220442
Slavenka Drakulic
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.