[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Bleeding Edge?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: thomas_pynchon_08.jpg (11 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
thomas_pynchon_08.jpg
11 KB, 380x380
What are your thoughts on Bleeding Edge?
>>
It isn't good... yet
>>
>>7830470

Just finished it about a week ago. I enjoyed it a lot, although probably less than the other Pynchon I've read (Gravity's Rainbow, Lot 49, Inherent Vice).

His contemporary references to shit like Metal Gear Solid, Burzum, and robots.txt files pleasantly surprised me considering his age and made the book feel really immersive and accurate to the time period.

Also, I really enjoyed his the whole idea of a VR simulation of the deepweb. Those parts kinda felt like "Pynchon does Snow Crash" which was pretty great because I've got a soft spot for sci fi.
>>
>>7830719
OH NO REFERENCES
DOESN'T THAT MAKE IT

POST MODERN? ??????
>>
I don't own it yet but it looks interested. finished the crying of lot 49 two weeks ago and am starting inherent vice next, then gravity's rainbow
>>
>>7830804
Okay, and what did you think of it?
>>
>>7830812
lot 49 was pretty good. Its weird how pynchon is sort of shitting on post-modernism and literary theory in the book but his work has been so coopted by that group
>>
>>7830835
I've never read Pynchon, but maybe that's the point. You've got to consider separating the narrator from the author, they're two completely different entities.
>>
>>7830843
yeah, it's a good story altogether and you might dig it. it's very immersed in the 60s counter culture but also tries to tell a history of the u.s. through the lens of the postal system
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.