[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what the fuck? i feel like he should've had to answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Joyce_wake[1].jpg (38 KB, 429x696) Image search: [Google]
Joyce_wake[1].jpg
38 KB, 429x696
so
what the fuck?
i feel like he should've had to answer for some of this shit. the harsh phonetic spellings for seemingly no reason and random spam really get me
>>
you're not supposed to read it at all
>>
>>7820845
ok thanks
>>
Puns like "toot and come in" a reference to Tutankhamun and Finnegan "Fin again", references to the cyclical nature humanity and Egyptian reincarnation are pretty common. He extensively references Hindu/Eastern myths and much of his language is chosen to express certain religious and psychological truths.

It really separates the men from the boys. The only way to "read" it is by audiobook tapes.

You listen to a round where on page one, a stereo tape plays (with an osculation between both channels), then you play a second (mono all the rest after 1,1 are mono) tape from the beginning when the begins page 2, then, when the tape reaches page 3 play a third tape from the beginning, when the first tape reaches page 5 play a fourth tape. Continue this for pages 8,13,21,34,55,89,144 etc playing new tapes when the first tape reaches each of these pages. YOU are page "0" and the work is page zero. O it's not over yet my bumpkins, when the first tape finishes the book you reset the tape and againbeginFinneganbeginagain you keep going ad infinitum until you starve to death, you are NOT allowed to eat or sleep. Water is okay.
>>
it's shitposting-the novel

when elaborateness quotient goes too high, it becomes indistinguishable from randomness

full circle
>>
>>7820982
definitely an interesting experiment in self induced schizophrenia
>>
Oh no something doesn't make sense pls help mum, I am a hard core science wiz and this doesn't make sense! Help! I demand an explanation!
>>
>>7820982
This. Finnegans Wake is meant to be read aloud.
Also: Joyce died soon after, so no, he wouldn't have to answer for it.
>>
File: vesica.jpg (16 KB, 450x305) Image search: [Google]
vesica.jpg
16 KB, 450x305
>>7820982
most important part of the book.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.