[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>working on writing a novel since new years >vowed I wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1364499316525.jpg (176 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
1364499316525.jpg
176 KB, 600x756
>working on writing a novel since new years
>vowed I wouldn't quit this time
>progress has slowed to a crawl
>outline without issue but become terrified at the thought of sitting back down and writing more even though what I've been writing has been actually good
>keep trying to tell myself it'll take as long as it takes
how are your projects going /lit/?
>>
Go back and do some editing. That might help jumpstart you
>>
>>7819662
I feel the exact same. Like...word for word. I've had this idea for about 2 months now, maybe playing with the idea even longer, but the only things I've gotten done are the outline and the first chapter, as well as some ideas for the next few chapters.

But yeah. Very slow crawl. Always tell myself the next day will be filled with writing but I usually just sit, get high, and think up new ideas without actually putting them to paper. I text the ideas to myself and they are generally good, ideas that I will incorporate, but over all little to no progress
>>
>>7819662
Psst. Hey. Yeah, you. OP. Psst. Get off the internet and get back to writing. Quit being a lazy ass and power through this shit.
>>
>>7819662
post a sample plz
>>
>>7820030
“I really liked the movie.” she says.
“Yeah.” I reply.
She fiddles with her glass and my pack of cigarettes that I had laid on the table. She doesn't smoke anymore but she's uncomfortable.
“You were definitely right about it.” she says. She doesn't know how to make me happy but she does know how to puff me up. She knows how much I like to hear that. I leave it hanging in the air and like the clouds of smoke I produce it becomes drawn out and dissipates in parts. Stillness wins over. The bar is loud and bustling. We are in a bubble now, like we have always been together. There's a birthday party; it's not mine. I wish it was. I think to myself that I'd like to fuck the birthday girl, if at least to know that I am still worthy of some modicum of desire. I craft the scenario in my mind where we go home together. I would introduce myself as the birthday boy and a flirty dialogue would ensue. I don't and it doesn't. I sit in silence. The sense of personal importance is overwhelming. I consider how significant I suddenly feel from joint sources: being left and marking another year. I think on how badly she must feel and consider that I could probably get my wife to let me fuck her ass tonight. I always loved it and she never did like so many other things that are important to me. At the very least I could get a blowjob and drunk. She wouldn't be able to scold me for that. I imagined cumming in her mouth and the sudden resulting quiet in my mind. I saw it being overtaken by reality. The walls of our small apartment bending and snapping into rigidity. I thought on how trapped I'd feel and how badly I would want to cry. It would leave us both with a bad taste in our mouths. At least she'd be able to swallow; it's only cum in her mouth but it's ashes in mine. I'd choke.
>>
>>7820068
Not bad. Keep at it, champ. Stiff upper-lip.
>>
>>7820068
What crap. You change tenses multiple times. Absolutely unreadable.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.