[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is its appeal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: timescape_book_of_the_new_sun.jpg (178 KB, 818x347) Image search: [Google]
timescape_book_of_the_new_sun.jpg
178 KB, 818x347
what is its appeal?
>>
Great prose.
Surreal atmosphere and a fascinating world.
It's written as a captivating puzzle.
It is full of symbolism and tells a meta narrative through it.
It's using postmodern techniques to tell a traditional story with a traditional message.
It is a religious novel with a very deep spirituality.
>>
what is its appeal?
>>
>>7814655
>Great prose.
no it isn't
> Surreal atmosphere and a fascinating world.
yes
> It's written as a captivating puzzle.
okay
> It is full of symbolism and tells a meta narrative through it.
how is that supposed to be appealing in and of itself?
> It's using postmodern techniques to tell a traditional story with a traditional message.
how is that supposed to be appealing in and of itself?
> It is a religious novel with a very deep spirituality.
how is that supposed to be appealing?
>>
>>7814738

Of course "appealing" is entirely subjective so whatever I write you could always reply NUH UH NOT OBJECTIVELY APPEALING, I think the premise of the thread is intellectualy dishonest to begin with.
>>
>>7814650
The appeal is in the unredeemed torturer, who is the ony one who can save us from your aberrant philistinism, using either the full boot or the revolutionary. Your excruciation may or may not last until the coming of the New Sun.
>>
>>7814738
Nothing is appealing in itself.
The prose is also fantastic.
>>
>>7814738
Pretty good post. I agree.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.