[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I recently started exploring new religions, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 180px-StarofDavid.jpg (6 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
180px-StarofDavid.jpg
6 KB, 180x210
Hey /lit/,
I recently started exploring new religions, especially Judaism. While I know the basics of the religion, I was wondering if you guys can tell me more about it from a philosophical viewpoint.
>>
It doesn't have an inherent philosophical viewpoint in the sophisticated sense that entails real philosophizing and if you want to lead a life of philosophy you're already omitting yourself from orthodoxy. Your best bet is probably to look into whatever occult and mystic thought underlie the tradition. Kabbalah is the most obvious.
>>
>>5774611
Oh well, jews pretty much invented both moral objectivism and messianism. Also, following laws not for a reward, but for the sake of the laws themselves.
Another interesting point is the notion that instead of converting everyone, they see it as their prime function in god's plan to lead by example.
Also, the talmu and the writings of Solomond are full of dialectics.
>>
>>5774666

>Oh well, jews pretty much invented both moral objectivism and messianism. Also, following laws not for a reward, but for the sake of the laws themselves.

Obviously, none of this is the case.
>>
Hehe, gotta nudda one.
>>
>>5774666
>moral objectivism
The oxymoron of the day brought to you by Anon.
>>
>>5774684
>>5774736
Everyone on this board is an idiot.
>>
>>5774611
The basic belief is virulent, racial hatred for each and every non-Jew on Earth.

Racism is rooted in arrogance, self-importance, vanity, egoism and pretentiousness, all of which is a good description of Jewishness.

The idea of loving one's neighbor is highly offensive and anti-Semitic to Jews, which explains their spite and hatred toward Christians.

It's unclear who they despise more: Adolf Hitler or Jesus Christ.
>>
>>5774666
>following laws not for a reward, but for the sake of the laws themselves.

That was Hammurapi
>>
>>5774762
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>5774762

/pol/ pls
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.