[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /lit/ ever had to re-write a story they loved so many times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Has /lit/ ever had to re-write a story they loved so many times that they started to hate writing?

I've been doing that over the pat week and it hurts so bad
>>
art is never finished only abandoned

post the first page anon and we'll tell you
>>
>>7714838
It can be finished once you know there's nothing left to add or take away.
>>
>>7714772
I've posted pretty much every version of the first several pages in the crit threads over the past two weeks. They're petty cringe worthy but that's not the biggest problem. The problem is that I've tried to fix it so many times I'm having trouble caring about the project anymore.

I'm bored with it.

The thing is, it's a multi-perspective story so I could pick up with another character and come back to this one later, but so few of my characters have been developed yet that there's really only three out of five characters I can work with, one of them being the one I'm giving up on
>>
>>7714850

just move on to the next one

maybe you'll come back to it one day maybe you won't

be proud you finished a story! even if it's shit!
>>
>Over the past week

Kill yourself dilettante
>>
>>7714860
I just tried moving on to another character and found I couldn't even write a decent first paragraph.

Maybe I need to take a break from writing for a while. I haven't really read anything since winter break. Maybe I need inspiration
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.