[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant’s existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. The ceaseless activity of their own inherent nature makes these stages moments of an organic unity, where they not merely do not contradict one another, but where one is as necessary as the other; and constitutes thereby the life of the whole.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7595722

That there is no inherent contradiction in eating breakfast for dinner.

This one is the the one that really gives me a headache though:

>The self is a relation which relates itself to its own self, or it is that in the relation that the relation relates itself to its own self; the self is not the relation but that the relation relates itself to its own self.
>>
>>7595722
He writes for teenagers so:

Changing with age doesn't make someone's past or future self fake, just another part of one life.
>>
File: harold-bloom.jpg (27 KB, 391x390) Image search: [Google]
harold-bloom.jpg
27 KB, 391x390
>>7595722

>Bloom says, “You know, I don’t want to be offensive. But ‘The Fault in our Stars’ [regarded by many as Green's masterpiece] is just awful. It seems ridiculous to have to say it. He can’t think, he can’t write. There’s no discernible talent.”

>“But Stephen King is Cervantes compared with John Green. We have no standards left. [Green] seems to have been a very sincere and troubled person, but that doesn’t mean I have to endure reading him. I even resented the use of the term from Shakespeare, when Cassius says to Brutus: 'The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings.' "
>>
>>7595722
That's from the phenomenology of spirit though
>>
>>7595757
What did Bloom mean by this?

>>7595751
ayyy lemano
>>
>>7595992
What did you mean by that?
>>
>>7595979
somebody forgot to take their autism pills today
>>
>>7595722
This is actually from a Young Thug song not John Green. /endjoke

Why keep posting this? No one on this board has or ever will read a book by this man? Stop attention whoring, dude
>>
>>7595722
That's from Mein Kampf, the paragraph basically says how "you have to break some eggs to make an omelet" as in "we have to gas the retards and exterminate anyone who dislikes the regime to become a strong nation that can conquer the globe".

The next couple sentences are about parasites and vermin (aka Jews) damaging the blossom (the Third Reich)

Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>citing Hegel to suit your purposes
>>
What did I mean by this?
>>
>>7595757
Bloom is nothing but dead white guy enthusiast. Who cares what he thinks. He hasn't read a new book since the 60s every review you see after that is a meme. He hasn't actually read harrypotter or tfios
>>
>>7597462
>dead white guys
oh lord have mercy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.