[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here like Emil Cioran? I've read A Short History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4029) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4029
Anyone else here like Emil Cioran?

I've read A Short History of Decay, On the Heights of Despair, and I just picked this one up today. Love everything I've read so far, and I'm interested in finding some similar stuff besides the obvious Nietzsche/Schopenhauer.

Also how the fuck do you pronounce his name? I've heard "chaw-wren", "chore-ahn", and "see-rahn".
>>
Journal of a Sad Whiny Cunt Written in All Honesty by Me
>>
Yes, and he is one of my favorites. His principles will always be ridiculed by posters like >>8279731 because they've been so deluded by their own biology, because humanity "needs" to prosper.
>>
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 490x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 490x663
>>8279731
"not everybody loses his innocence: therefore not everybody is unhappy. those who live naively, not out of stupidity - innocence is a pure state which excludes such deficiencies - but out of instinctive and organic love for nature, whose charm innocence is always quick to discover, those are the ones who achieve harmony, an integration with life, much coveted by those who struggle on the heights of despair."

>>8279736
What's your favorite book by him? And who else would you recommend?
>>
>>8279751
The Trouble With Being Born is incredible. His writing is like little aphoristic sound bites of truth that hit you hard and change your views on the world forever.

Of course, I would have to recommend Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race."
>>
>>8279736
Jokes on you I like Cioran. I just take breaks from masturbating to I Have a Special Plan for This World and reading The Last Messiah repeatedly while crying to shitpost.
>>
>>8279771
That's fine. I'm just saying that this thread will only reach 30 posts maximum and many of those posts will be people arguing for a pro-natalist standpoint akin to the first post you created, because that's the way the world works.
>>
>>8279721
I got a copy of On the Heights of Despair, i'm not sure if I should start right away.
Honestly I only got it because I was getting Tragic sense of Life by Unamuno and it was the same publisher for both books here in my country.

I'm still unsure how to approach Cioran, any tips?
Thank you.
>>
These look incredible. Thanks!
>>
how do i pronounce Nietzsche
>>
File: 1372476691685.png (1 MB, 778x1059) Image search: [Google]
1372476691685.png
1 MB, 778x1059
Someone who is more well-read needs to remake this chart. Preferably with Cioran and Ligotti.
>>
>>8279825
knee-sha
>>
>>8279840
It has Cioran on it...
>>
E-mill Chee-orr-ann

fucking illiterates
>>
>>8279860
Whoops. Well, it's missing Grimscribe.
>>
>>8279721
>that fucking title
>>
>>8280073
It's what the book is about.
>>
>>8279771

>namedropping Current 93 in the Cioran thread.

this whole thread is just too cool for school! :^D
>>
>>8279721
"chore-ahn" is the closest of the three.

t. romanian
>>
>>8279721
He's wickedly funny; if he weren't, he'd be insufferable. But because he's hyperselfaware, he's wickedly funny. Highly recommend All Gall is Divided:

"Perhaps existence is our exile and nothingness our home?"
>>
>>8279825
neet-ski
>>
>>8279825

Neet*chə*.
>>
>>8279721
What do I start with? Recommended reading order, please?
>>
>>8279866
No. Two syllables.
See >>8280236
>>
>>8279840
>someone needs to remake a chart on an undefined concept
>ligotti anywhere ever
>>
>>8279721
Studying in Romania, you spell it like Chi-o-rAHn. Put emphasis on the AH
>>
How would Stirners ideas contrast with his thought?
>>
>>8279721
For similars: Albert Caraco, Philipp Mainländer, and Ulrich Horstmann. And Memegotti
>>
>>8279721
Depressive cunt , read Lucian Blaga and become enlightened
>>
>>8279764
>I would have to recommend Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race."

No, please don't.
>>
>>8279866
>Chee-orr-ann
WRONG. ya dumb fuck. never insult anyone again ya cuck of a lad
>>
>>8279721
this guy is basically a mix between /pol/ and /r9k/ minus the funny memes
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Rozanov
was highly influential for Cioran
>>
>>8281201
this post is basically "I have no clue but I must post"
>>
File: 7a.jpg (64 KB, 499x279) Image search: [Google]
7a.jpg
64 KB, 499x279
>>8280642
Trouble with Being Born or
A Short History of Decay. If you want young facist Cioran you start with On the Heights of Despair.
>>
>>8281236
this guy is basically a mix between /pol/ and /r9k/ minus the funny memes
>>
>>8281508
Natalist scum.
>>
>>8281236
this post basically summarizes /lit/
>>
"Chore-ahn"
>>
>>8279843
Knee-CHA
>>
>>8280846
>>8281185
Why?
>>
>>8279721
I'm curious. To any anti-natalists are in here: if not being born is preferable to living, why have you not killed yourself yet?
>>
>>8282511
You can read Cioran without labelling yourself anti-natalist. Or sometimes you may want childrens, sometimes not, or not care. Or sometimes say and live some things, and in other times think and live others things, etc. Coherency is merely accessory most of the times.
Anyway, not being born and killing oneself aren't the same thing for Cioran. That's one of the topics of The Trouble with Being born.
>>
>>8282573
Hence why I didn't ask the question of people who had read Cioran, but anti-Natalists.
>>
>>8282600
So if someone doesn't think it's moral to have kids that means they should kill themselves?
>>
>sjc bookstore receipt

annapolis or santa fe?
>>
>>8282600
sorry, read you too quickly
>>
>>8281183
>Lucian Blaga

literally who
>>
>>8279840
>the passion according to g.h.
I'm brazilian and that book is utter shit.
>>
>>8279840
>>8283285
Brás Cubas is cool tho.
>>
>>8283285
It's an excellent book, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>8283293
It's generical babble with almost no real good insights, sustaining itselft on a pastiche of brazilian modernists and on a circlejerkingly dull plot.
>>
>>8283307
>generical

brazil pls
>>
>>8282511
It's too late.
>>
>>8283285
The list also has Women & Men, which is only on there due to its obscurity and length.
>>
>>8279771
The Last Messiah is Zapffe, not Cioran
>>
Cioran ideas suck and he is boring as fuck
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.