[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
honestly, what does this quote mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 850x400
>>
File: manlet wisdom.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
manlet wisdom.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>"What be 'Be'? You cain't say that 'Be' be, cause you saying 'be' to talk about 'Be', and it don't mean nothing to say that 'Be' be dis or 'Be' be dat. 'Be' be 'Be' to begin wit'. So don't you be saying 'Be' be 'Be'. You wanna talk about 'Be', you gotta talk about what ain't be nothin' at all. You gotta say 'Be' be what ain't 'ain't-Be'. Now when you ain't be nothing at all? Dat be when you be daid. When you daid you ain't be nothing, you just be daid. So 'Be' be somewhere between where you be and where you ain't be, dat is, when you be daid. Any time you say 'Be' you is also saying 'ain't-Be', and dat make you think about being daid."
>>
dying to the self is not something that is done once and over with.

life and death are of supreme importance. time swiftly passes and opportunity is lost.
>>
File: Paulo-Coelho-quote.jpg (179 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
Paulo-Coelho-quote.jpg
179 KB, 1066x1600
>>
>>7363352
It means that The Alchemist is puerile nonsense.
>>
Taken out of context like that, it could be lots of things. Heraclitean flux, Nietzschean self-overcoming, ascetic self-castigation.
>>
>>7363352
It kinda starts with a point but in the end yeah I have no fucking idea.
>>
>>7363345
does anyone know what the fraternity waving the flag is called in the front row?
>>
>>7363352
fucking hack
>>
>>7363666
these are secrets only revealed in death my friend, nice trips
>>
>>7363336

seems like a commentary on personal continuity, and the strangeness of "becoming" being as much an "un-becoming" as it is a becoming.
>>
>>7363336
imagine pepe or wojack juxtaposed with that quote and you shall be enlightened
>>
It's sort of like a phoenix, I suppose. He found what he loved and let it kill him. And he repeats it every day, and it kills him, and he gets up each morning, effectively reviving himself, after having killed himself the day before. And the culmination of all these exhaustive days created his identity and legacy.
>>
>>7363352
he is an evil wizard and trapped some poor wise kid inside his soul.
>>
>>7363357
Yeah, that book was shit. I mean, cool story, but expanding it beyond some sort of fictional adventure is ludicrous.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.