[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: lolof1[1].gif (1 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
lolof1[1].gif
1 MB, 308x214
Anyone else have really fucked up stories about coming out to their parents/friends etc and they reacted poorly?

>Be gay
>decide while in university I should come out and get it over with
>still live with my dad
>don't have to pay rent stfu
>parents have been separated for years, dad's girlfriend also lives with us
>she's always talking about how much she wants me to be able to trust her like a mom etc
>I'm fucking 20 years old but whatever
>figure she'll just be supportive and help convince my dad if I come out
>finally tell them during dinner about a month ago
>dad doesn't seem to care, wants to know what's for dinner
>dad's girlfriend seems kind of taken back, but doesn't say anything
>maybe that's the end of it, no big deal right?

>Over the past few weeks while I'm watching tv I notice her come into the room, then turn around and leave
>this happens a few times during the week after I told them, think she's just weirded out but don't care about her approval
>It keeps happening, sometimes multiple days in a row
>this bitch comes in, gives me this really weird look, then turns and leaves
>after about a month of this I realized it was a thing of hers to do
>decide I'm just going to confront her about it because it's fucking weird and annoying
>as she comes in the room, I mute the TV to ask what her deal is
>in the silence I hear a very quiet, but definitely audible, fart.
>we stare at eachother
>she turns and leaves without a word
>MFW

I swear to god this bitch has been walking into the room and farting while I watch tv almost every day for weeks. Finally
found out last night what she was doing and still can't get over it. Anyone else had someone go out of their way to let you know how displeased they are with your sexuality?
>>
File: 1410941198509.png (579 KB, 609x610) Image search: [Google]
1410941198509.png
579 KB, 609x610
>>6198322
That's too fucking weird that it's believable.

Record it next time and put it on facebook/youtube.
>>
>>6198322
No fucking way
>>
>>6198322
I am fucking dying

if this is fake you're a comedic genius

if it's real then you have a party story to use for the rest of your life

Mine was literally just
>tell mom I'm trans
>she's a bit puzzled, asks questions, is okay with it in general
>asks me if she can tell dad, i say i'll do it myself
>tell dad over the phone and he's fine (he had always said he'd be completely fine if I was gay, I thought this'd be a little different but his reaction was pretty much the same as it would've been)
>parents pay for my transition jointly even though they're divorced
>>
>>6198471
>parents pay for my transition
You lucky little...
>>
>parents confront me about having been more depressed lately
>eventually break down sobbing
>they start asking "is it x?" and I'm just shaking my head making incoherent noises
>eventually roll around to "are you trans?"
>nod and try to calm my breathing so this can be a discussion
>"well... what's that mean? We've only heard it on the TV like Bruce Jenner"
>start getting a little angry at that but try to explain without babbling
>agree to send me to a therapist specializing in sexuality
>first thing she suggests to them after speaking with me is hormones
>month later, get sent to endo, get script
>insurance mostly covers hrt
>10 months later it's the dark family secret because I don't want to have to come out to anyone else besides my three closest friends
Remember - if you're ever confronted by your parents, just start crying
>>
File: fappy_0.png (464 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
fappy_0.png
464 KB, 650x488
>>6198704
Lucky bastard.
>extreme depression
>family begins to notice
>start sobbing
>finally tell mom
>"it's just a phase"
>never attempts to make me feel better
I hate religion. I really really do. Still love my mom though.
>>
>>6198704
>>6198740
>Come out to father & his wife
>Your life is going to be very hard
>No you can't stay with us

I'm 23 and left home at 19.
>>
>>6198740
tru that man

>"so when are you going to stop taking those pills and live as functional manly man in society?" :^)
>>
File: Anti-capitalism_color.gif (374 KB, 682x850) Image search: [Google]
Anti-capitalism_color.gif
374 KB, 682x850
Be me, MtF 23.

>Tell my close friend who is bisexual first.
>"Cool", friend becomes my objective passing measurer/voice helper
>Tell the rest of my band
>"Cool Z, we support you"
>Tell my father
>"Great I am happy to have a daughter"

I spent so long preparing myself for a negative reaction. I've been out for over a year now and not once have I received any negativity from it or discrimination.

I think it helps that I have good fem genetics for an XY. I was basically passing 50%-80% of the time pre-HRT.
>>
>>6198806
how has HRT gone for you physically so far
>>
>>6198813

Not many changes yet. I've only been on HRT for about 1 month. I went the legal insurance route and it took me awhile. My endocrinologist has a ridiculous schedule and it takes like 1.5 months between appointments.

Last time I was in a really public place and presenting how I wanted I only got misgendered from my voice. I've been working on that a lot lately though. Looking forward to complete stealth in a year.
>>
>>6198826
Wow, I'm starting within the next few months (23 as well). Voice takes a lot of practice, it's all getting it to become second nature.

I'm not planning on full stealth for at least 2, but I guess if you passed semi comfortably before that helps. I'm really tall but I get told I look too young to drive all the time, so hopefully that puts me in good stead.

Good luck sis x
>>
>>6198851

Thanks, you too! I'm 24.5 now and it's taken me about a year to get on HRT. Been so frustrating but I don't regret anything. A lot of people here say self med but I was too afraid to do it in fear of messing up my endocrinologist's reading and not knowing my natural baselines.

>Voice takes a lot of practice

Definitely. I'm a professional singer so it's been a little easier for me. I find when I'm relaxed its pretty good but sometimes I get anxious and overcompensate by speaking too high and with to crisp of a formant

> I'm really tall

I don't think being tall will stop you from passing! I know a tall transwoman who never gets clocked. I'm only 5'6 though so :P
>>
File: Spock being sassy.jpg (67 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
Spock being sassy.jpg
67 KB, 694x530
>>6198777
>Your life is going to be very hard
Ugh the feels. My mom said this line almost verbatim.

She also said this one:
>why can't you just be gay?!

>mfw if I had came out as gay instead she probably wouldn't have been accepting but her son being a tranny is so far out there that it made her prefer it.
>>
>>6198875
Very interesting, I'm the same with self medding (have heard & seen some horror stories as well) and am also a singer.

Perhaps nailing a female voice consistently is going to be the same as learning to scream well; just about doing it whenever possible even if badly.

>I'm only 5'6 though so :P

You lucky little... I'm 6'2" lol

My aunt is 6'1" and this cis girl I like is about my height so there is hope

>>6198883
It's just such a load of crap to throw that line out. Like what are they hoping for? "Oh, well I had hopes and dreams of living a life but now that you said it's hard I guess I better not"

If it's so hard how about these fucks do something to make it easier? Oh wait that would require selflessness lol ironic how the older generations always stress about "what they screwed up" to "make us this way" but then they don't give a fuck about making the future better anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>6198322
>mfw repression

Oh look problems I don't have to deal with
>>
File: 1348134168452.png (101 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
1348134168452.png
101 KB, 250x228
>>6198953
>mfw not worried about being outed
>mfw free to like what I want and enjoy new things
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 385x278
>>6198968
Ikr. Repression is the best.

Such an easier life
>>
>>6199008
I was talking about how I feel after accepting it but whatever floats your boat bro, I'm hardly going to tell you what you can't do.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.