[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pansexuality a meme orientation? Defend your position. Bonus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13
File: 200_s[1].gif (46 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
46 KB, 356x200
Is pansexuality a meme orientation? Defend your position.

Bonus challenge: dissect it without implicitly referring to tumblr, sjws, or other 4chan bogeymen.
>>
>>6172403
As far as I know, the word means that the person could be attracted to members of both genders and those in between, to differentiate it from bisexuality
>>
>>6172403

The word came about through people wanting to represent their lack of preference for anyone of a particular gender or body type, I think. You often hear people who identify as pansexual talk about how indifferent they are to physical sex or gender when it comes to choosing a partner.

The thing is, they then started ascribing extra definition to the term bisexual, like saying that bisexual means you only like 100% men and 100% women and nothing inbetween, regardless of whether or not that is actually true of people who identify as bisexual. They also say things like "Bisexuals like men and women but pansexuals don't care one way or another" which if you think about it is really just attempting to reword it to make pansexuals sound more different than they actually are.

I firmly believe that any differences between pansexuals and bisexuals have been invented by pansexuals as an attempt to distance themselves from bisexuals and legitimize themselves.
>>
>>6172403

yes, nuff said
>>
File: il_570xN.740637975_e7bm.jpg (40 KB, 570x438) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.740637975_e7bm.jpg
40 KB, 570x438
HHNNNGGH
>>
>>6172591
i prefer grills
>>
>>6172403
yep. when I first heard about pansexuality it was basically "you care more about chemistry/personality than the other person's sex." idk if that's still the current definition. wouldn't be surprised if gender sjws ruined it like I've been seeing.
>>
>>6172609
You degenerate!
>>
>>6172403
It's basically a pseudo-progressive version of bisexuality.
>>
It's bisexuality for people who want to feel like they are special and unique, but are actually just asexual.

I've known 5 self-proclaimed "pansexuals" and they were all virgins and weren't interested in having sex or a relationship. Had a very "holier-than-thou" attitude towards it.
>>
Would you date a transgender person who identifies as your preferred gender?
If that's legitimately a factor to you, then that's the whole reasoning behind the whole thing.
>>
>>6172585
This one.
>>
>>6172833
Plenty of bi people would date trans people
Plenty of gay people would date trans people
Plenty of straight people would date trans people
Liking trans people doesn't make someone pansexual
>>
File: potsandpans.jpg (33 KB, 250x422) Image search: [Google]
potsandpans.jpg
33 KB, 250x422
>>6172609
that's all well and good for you, but I prefer not to limit myself the potential for finding a partner to connect with and love. That is why I identify as a Pots&PansSexual.
>>
File: 250px-GoldenFryingPan.png (33 KB, 250x145) Image search: [Google]
250px-GoldenFryingPan.png
33 KB, 250x145
>>6172591
pls
>>
>>6172403
On my point of view (personnaly pansexual) I simply love Humans. No more, no less.

I just find it stupid to restrict your targetting to "just men" or "just women", it's like someone would say "hey guys, from now on i'm gonna love only black redhead midgets with pink tatoos born the eighth of the month between 6 and 7 PM". What's the fucking point ??
I'm not homophobic or anything, I'm just saying that I as a pansexual find it stupid to be Hetero or Homo, but I don't really care if you are or not. I mean, it's your life. I have a lot of straight or gay friends, makes no difference to me.

About the difference between Pan and Bisexuals : Pan ARE Bi. But bisexuals may consider sexuality it as different, men on one side, and women on the other side, liking (loving) both, but differently. Pansexuality is when you see absolutely no difference, at least from a "love" or attractive point of view, between men and woman.
>>
Many pansexual people I know define it as "being pansexual means I'd date someone whether male, female, or trans".

Which is just implying trans people are a different gender or whatever. If a woman dates cis women or trans women she isn't bi, she's lesbian.

There are three genders; male, female, and other, and I can guarantee a bi person would probably date the "other" group as well.
>>
>>6176988
So would you say you don't have a type and everyone is your cup of tea? Short, tall. Fat or skinny. Just whatever goes?

I just see pansexuality as an evened out bisexual person.
>>
Also considering bisexuality is sexually attracted to both sexes, regardless of gender, "pansexuality" is still bi. Tru pansexuality is fucking an intersex half clit half dick mess, which actually thinking about it is still bi.
>>
>>6177140
I've got physical preferences, like :
-breasts
-freckles
-dicks
-muscles
-round butt
-pointy nose & chin
but none based on the sex, or gender, at the sense of a psychological identity. Above all, someone doesn't have to fit ALL of those, but as many as possible.

Even if someone would, say, only love redheaded humans, that one would still be pansexual as long as the Gender on psychological sex of the person doesn't matter to hil.
>>
>>6172585
>>6172923
>>6177128
>>6177171

/thread.

If a gay male is dating a "amab agender" he is still a fucking gay male, bisexuality is not different, "third genders" are just a "in between" and these people still have a sex, and in my experience Bi people are more willing to date trans people than gays and straights, aside, there's a lot of trans people what are bisexuals.

Pansexuality is a innecesary term for bisexual, pansexuals think they are more "tolerant and that their love is more pure" than bisexuals, you know "Bisexuals only like men and women, pansexuals likes men, women and trans :)", and they "Fall in love of the hearts, no parts, unlike bisexuals" they try so hard to be tolerante, progresive, etc, that they have homophobic and transphobic believes, they are just a bunch of pretentious bisexuals.
>>
>>6177436
This, being "pansexual" is basically calling transsexuals freaks. If you aren't retarded you just say bisexual.
>>
>>6177436
Basically.

If I date an ftm, I don't think I'm a new sect of gay, I'm still gay because I'm attracted to the male image.

Trans people aren't aliens that they need their own category when it comes to gender, if you'd do things with both regardless, you're bi.
>>
>>6172832
My roommate is panromantic asexual kissless virgin. When I told her I was bi she got in my face about being transphobic/not liking NB people
>nope
>>
>>6178383
whoops wrong thread
>>
>>6177436
>"Fall in love of the hearts, no parts, unlike bisexuals"
I'll never be that pure.

I just love booty too much.
>>
>>6172403
it's a more specific subset of bisexuality.
pan
>men + women + trans people
bi
>men + women

basically a bisexual person who's not an asshole
>>
>>6179037
Not all bi people care to make the definition and respect transfolk as whichever gender they desire to be. I guess pan is a good way to openly advertise you're okay with transfolk but collectively calling bi people assholes is rood
>>
File: dem ribs.jpg (103 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dem ribs.jpg
103 KB, 900x900
dumpin
>>
File: orgy.jpg (804 KB, 2814x2201) Image search: [Google]
orgy.jpg
804 KB, 2814x2201
>>
File: bukake.jpg (218 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
bukake.jpg
218 KB, 800x532
>>
File: flat girlz.jpg (18 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
flat girlz.jpg
18 KB, 800x531
>>
>>6179234
Post some non-sticks.
>>
File: clothed.jpg (17 KB, 523x302) Image search: [Google]
clothed.jpg
17 KB, 523x302
>>
File: bbw.jpg (411 KB, 1363x908) Image search: [Google]
bbw.jpg
411 KB, 1363x908
>>6179239
>>
>>6172436
this

>>6172585
also this, very much this. I consider myself pansexual but have met so many that act high and mighty, or like they're super philosophical for 'transending' gender norms
>>
>>6179249
I came
>>
>>6179243
>>6179249
Safe for work board fucko. Enjoy your ban ;)
>>
>>6172403
Pansexual is a codeword for a degenerate slut with no standards.
>>
>>6172585
There is a nuanced difference but not mutually exclusive. It has to do with psychological attraction. Pansexual is a sub category of bisexual, I don't possibly see how splitting it up would make sense, but it is unique.

Most people, not just most Pansexuals are fucking morons who don't know what they like. When one of those people, regardless of projected/claimed orientation, it's going to sound fucking stupid. Because they are.

To me those people aren't attractive. I don't care about their body. It's gross. Their soul is weak. Their mind is indolent and usually docile or hostile one extreme or the other or volatile in the middle. I get off sexually with smart people. The penis and vagina don't really have a lot to do with it, probably because I feel I'm not even human or part of the system reality I live in. I am always the weirdo among normals. My sexual preferences are also less inclined towards those people. The corproate girls with the same corproate clothes and iPhones for example it doesn't matter what they think their orientation is, they're acting a certain way and I hate it. So the attraction is gone. I feel attraction like impulse or moths to lights. Voices can turn me on more than anything visual. Big gross fat man? No thanks usually, but if his voice is sexy? I'll tell him upfront I'm not willing to let him have his way with me, but my way might include a hand job or something. It's more about the focus and discipline behind loving (usually sexually) the soul and talent behind the body.

Proxy Paige is the female version of me. Only she's into some gross stuff :l
>>
>>6179243
Ooh yeah baby. Now post some wet pans.
>>
>>6179037
But I'm bi and I'd have no problem with dating someone trans...
>>
>>6183997
You sound like a peach to be around.

Does Microsoft Sam get you off?
>>
File: creampie.jpg (105 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
creampie.jpg
105 KB, 640x428
>>6184011
>>
>>6172403
no shit.

pansexuality is based on the false idea that bisexuals don't have preferences in terms of masculine women/etc. It's also based on the idiotic, prescriptivist definition that "bi means two so obviously bisexual means exactly two genders" which is dumb as hell.
>>
>>6177461
not always. I mean it's usually terrible, but non-binary people are a thing.
>>
>>6172403
It's just a way of erasing bisexuals.
>>
>>6172436
I'm a bisexual that is ok with mtf and ftm trannies... Anyone really as long as they're hot.

What now?
>>
My argument against its legitimacy: sexualities refer to SEX, not gender. Bisexuality applies to the aesthetic qualities of both sexes, or a mix of the two. Pan sexuality would only be a necessary label if sexualities applied to genders. The movement is kind of shooting itself in the foot by confusing the two.
>>
>>6184252
DON'T YOU DARE BRING PRESCRIPTIVISM INTO THIS, DESCRIPTIVIST SCUM

MODERATE PRESCRIPTIVISM MASTER RACE REPORTING IN
>>
>>6186075
Why do pansexuals get to define what a bisexual is?
>>
>>6186098
No I agree with you, I'm talking about linguistics/grammar
>>
File: Satou.jpg (19 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
Satou.jpg
19 KB, 704x400
Yes, it's literally transphobic bisexuality.

Bisexuals are attracted to masculine and feminine features, trans and NBs are a mix (androgyny), so attraction to them would fall under bisexuality. Separating them into different categories is implicitly saying that transpeople aren't men or women, so it's just another way that liberals (not a conservacuck btw, I'm a leftist just not tumblr) make themselves feel better by mentally masturbating whilst actually going against minorities. Also makes people feel like a speshul snowflake :)

>>6172626
Gender "SJWs" created it, genius.

>>6179037
Fuck off, I'm a bisexual who's dating a transperson. Also just because you're not attracted to transpeople doesn't make you an asshole.

>>6183997
Case in point with the whole speshul snowflake :) routine. You are utterly pretentious and probably really intellectually shallow. You reek of middle-class wank and you think you're soooooooo deep.
>Their soul is weak
>Their mind is indolent (oooh I can say lazy in a smart way I'm so speshul)
>I feel I'm not even human
>corporate (you misspelled it because you're actually stupid)
Fucking off yourself, you're just a bougie, intellectually void idiot.

>>6186065
I would argue that sexuality is more to do with gender, just because sex is in the word doesn't mean that's how what it means, sex used to describe both sex and gender. Also pansexuality isn't a fucking movement, it's a bunch of white girls on tumblr.
>>
File: cat-is-shady-also.jpg (14 KB, 192x268) Image search: [Google]
cat-is-shady-also.jpg
14 KB, 192x268
I think it's a subset of bisexuality, or maybe bisexuality is a subset of it. From what I understand, pansexuality is attraction to people regardless of gender, rather than to two genders. This wording implies the possibility of attraction to genderfluid and agender people.

Whether or not you believe non-binary genders to be a real thing is an entirely separate discussion. They are simply the subject that the term was coined in response to.

Honestly, by that definition, most bi people I've met would fit the definition of pansexuality, but simply don't see a need to use a separate word for it. However, there are indeed bisexual people that are only attracted to men and women, and nothing in between or outside of that. So when a person says they're bisexual, that alone isn't enough info to know whether or not they're the kind of bi that is also into non-binary/gender-fluid people.

For this reason, some people wanted a term that clarifies that up-front. That term ended up being pansexual. If someone says they're pan, you know right away that they're cool with non-binary peeps, whereas you don't immediately know that when someone says they're bi.

To me personally, this seems less like a separate orientation, and more like "not all bisexuals are pansexual, but all pansexuals are bisexual." It seems like a preference within an orientation, like how not all straight dudes are into androgynous girls, but some definitely are and we don't call them by a separate term. However, I can understand the reasons for wanting a separate term for clarity, and I think it's legitimate to that end.

Personally, I'm of the "I don't care what you ID as, as long as you're human" type, but I still call myself bisexual and have done so ever since I realized where my attractions lie. I'll admit, part of it might just be that I've used the term for so long that now it feels weird to use some newfangled word for it, but also I just genuinely do not have a need for such specific terminology.
>>
>I'm pansexual!

>>I'm bi, but kind of a douche about it.
>>
>>6186158
/thread
>>
I describe myself as pansexual. Basically I'm Bi and open to trannies and those that claim no gender.
>>
Bi-in-denial. It's like when someone who previously identified as lesbian but then identify as a trans man or genderqueer and suddenly they feel allowed to date men. No one hates bi people more than bi women. Also like 99% of pansexuals are women, so it is snowflake-ism.
Also essentially pansexuals are implying that trans people aren't their gender and that pansexual people are special for being willing to date a trans person.
It just feels really iffy to me.
>>
>>6186158
It's ironic that these pan dumblrinas are actually being transphobic...by othering trans people as someone a new sexuality is needed to be attracted to
>>
>>6186465
kek

I've always thought of "pansexuality" as being a sort of conceptual bisexuality. Like, theoretically, you could maybe go both ways and are open to the idea, but haven't experienced the necessary attraction yet. Kind of a pretentious way of letting people know you're open-minded when it comes to sex.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.