[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help convince me to not transition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 1442192568009.png (526 KB, 593x594) Image search: [Google]
1442192568009.png
526 KB, 593x594
straight girl here

my feelings for wanting to become a man have been getting stronger and stronger. I've always felt this way since I was a kid, but now, I can't stop thinking about gender and shit. Pic related, a man i simultaneously am attracted to and want to become. Found it while lurking /lgbt/ for a while. Dat masculinity, dat close shave beard, dose muscles, just everything is perfection.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had a genderfluid special snowflake phase during me late teens to freshmen college year, but that was retarded and the last thing I want is to repeat that garbage by becoming a gay ftm AKA one of the most retarded identities to exist.

Still, I can't help but to admire men and wish to become one. I hate women and everything they do. Men are better in every single way and gay men especially, to me, seem to be living the jackpot lottery.

>Men are smarter and better than women both physically and mentally
>Men tend to accomplish more and are more active and are responsible for most of the important discoveries of human history
>Men are interested in important stuff like science, math, philosophy, and video games while women are generally dull and into garbage shit like social justice or humanities
>Men are built for utility AND beauty in that utility, ie. muscles, strong pecs, strength, etc.
>penis, everyone wants the D
>gay men especially have easy access to sex and more intense bonding and camaraderie with men
>men aren't catty or as drama/attention whores as women

I can't stop thinking about this gender shit and how much it sucks to be a woman. Please help me.
>>
Good try OP, almost fell for that bait. You can go back to shoving cheetos into your fat face now.
>>
I think you need to get out of your head and start doing something you enjoy in your life.
>>
>>5223137
wut

>>5223139
i do. I'm almost done with college, I'm doing an internship and after that I'll be either applying for a job or setting up my own business with a partner. I hang out with my friends a lot and also have hobbies like video games. But these thoughts will just hit me out of nowhere or whenever I'm lurking /lgbt/ or reading some random article, the gender ideas brought up by some anons make me go into full introspection mode and I can't turn off the faucet.
>>
>>5223099

just stop doing girly shit if you live in civilized area, you can dress and speak any way you like and nobody will give a rats ass unless you are a dickhead. Your vagina is not what's holding you back.
>>
File: 1445027608854.gif (468 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1445027608854.gif
468 KB, 500x282
>>5223161
Wait? This is real? You're actually a total piece of shit human being?

Wow.
>>
>>5223099
Uh all those greentexts are things you could do without transitioning or being a man. If you need to transition to change your behavior, you're not transitioning for the right reasons at all.

Do your mantasies revolve around sex, or do you imagine being happy as a man in everyday normal situations?
>>
File: LA-Male-Model-Tyler-Bachtel-3.jpg (287 KB, 600x796) Image search: [Google]
LA-Male-Model-Tyler-Bachtel-3.jpg
287 KB, 600x796
>>5223167
i already do all that but everytime I look at men like Tyler Bachtel, I get really sad and jealous that I'll never look as handsome or badass.
>>
>>5223210
whatever. I don't care.

>>5223224
>implying you can have a penis as a cis woman

ha

>Do your mantasies revolve around sex, or do you imagine being happy as a man in everyday normal situations?

both.
>>
>>5223229

so do 99% of regular dudes FYI, that doesn't make you special
>>
>>5223243
and 99% of regular dude can solve their issues and instantly become 8/10 if they worked out hard enough to become buff and grew a beard.

The same won't work for me.
>>
>>5223253
No they can't. Some are just fucked from the beginning and never will make a good guy or girl.
>>
>>5223253

jesus christ maybe you should be a dude you need a fedora we can see from space

NO THEY CANT YOU RETARD
>>
>>5223099
>>5223238
You can become a man, and still love men. On the other hand, if you do transition, your sexual expression may end up shifting. Who knows. I've shifted some. I flips from being mostly interesting in women to mostly interested in men, but how I was treated by them in the past still haunts me. So I'm in a relationship with two women. One of whom is on the masculine side so she fulfills my needs for a dominant partner.

As asked, what is more important is how do you see yourself when you dream of sex with another. Those dreams where you wake up in the middle of. Who are you, what is your role?

Also can you see yourself growing old as a female or male? Honestly think about these.

I strongly suggest seeing a gender therapist to discuss this and figure out how transgender you really are, and how much you may or may not need to transition.
>>
First off, DO NOT become a "man".

You won't have a penis no matter how many hormones they give you, it's just not worth it.

Also, as a straight woman you have it easy because you can get laid much easier than a guy. However, if you are like typical women you are probably picky and lament your inability to capture your "perfect" guy.

Find a man who makes you laugh and adores you, that's all you really need.
>>
>>5223407
>>5223407
ive heard of estrogen changing gay men into transbians, estro tends to be a roulette for sexual orientation.

But I've never heard of T turning a straight woman into a straight ftm. Its always a straight girl turning into a gay ftm or a lesbian turning into a gay ftm. Only way they can be straight ftms is if there were a Level 7 dyke on the kinsey scale.
>>
>>5223491
That's weird, I would think testosterone would fuck with your orientation a lot more since it sends your sex drive through the roof

Anyway

>>5223099
You sound trans, I'd suggest seeing a gender identity therapist. Stop with the internalized misogyny though
>>
>>5223099
Unless you're one of those rare, tall athletic chicks, you'll end up being a dickless manlet. You'll probably go bald too. So, a dickless, bald, manlet. Is that really the future you want?
>>
The grass is not greener on the other side.

Men have problems just like women do. You're just trading your current problems for different ones.

You have to play with the cards you're dealt. That doesn't mean you can't be on the masculine side of the spectrum though, but transitioning just because you think it would be better to live as a man isn't a good idea.

Just be a masculine woman. There aren't enough in the world.

I should probably note that I'm not transgender, I'm just a bi male.
>>
>>5223491
>>5223502
It is all on the psychological side. In western cultures we are strongly socialized to be heterosexual. Some buy into that so deeply that they can't see their own inclinations until something pops the bubble.

>>5223570
The is part of why I (>>5223407) said to go to a gender therapist.
>>
>>5223407
>As asked, what is more important is how do you see yourself when you dream of sex with another. Those dreams where you wake up in the middle of. Who are you, what is your role?
I think I have the equivalent of AGP but for male bodies instead of female. Like I imagine I have a man's body and I have a penis to jack off with.

I hate to imagine myself as a shriveled old hag. Men age like wine and they don't need makeup to look good.

I probably will go see a gender therapist for this stuff.

>>5223570
I know men have different problems. But I'd rather trade for those then the cards I have now.

>>5223560
Those types of ftms, I would never consider men. And I'd kill myself if I turned into a failure of a guy.

>>5223476
>no penis as a ftm
I fucking know that already.
>>
OP, if you're truly trans you're just going to grow up to be a wreck anyway if you decide to try and deny it. Trust me, go to the MTFG and ask about Kayla. Why don't you want to transition anyway? Because you don't want to be a gay ftm? that's kind of dumb - there are loads of gay ftms here who are with someone and happy.

At very worst, just get with some hot guy who has all the traits you would want and see if that will helpyou.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 640x1136
>>
>>5223762
>you'd kill yourself if you were a failure of a guy
You are a man then. Congrats!

What types of guys are you into? Maybe you could find your opposite (i.e. a gender dsyphoric femmy dude)?
>>
>>5223762
Good luck!!!

Guys can still be short and masculine. These are societal values.

As for baldness, are the guys on your mom's side bald? If not, don't worry. Otherwise you likely can go through transition and masculinize. then go to a lower level of Testosterone, and add 1mg a day of Finasteride to fight the hair loss. There is also Rogain.

Also baldness does not connote failure. See Telly Savalas. I personally could care less if a guy is bald or balding. I've gone out with both.

If you end up liking gals, and don't know about it, Feeldoe. It is a double ended dildo designed to be held in place by the abdominal wall muscles.

>>5223876
You rarely see a FtM become a wreck like Kayla. Females are allowed much greater expression of masculinity than males are allowed expression of femininity. Kayla also has the confounding issues of having a mom who is highly manipulative, and likely unstable herself. So Kayla is a seriously suboptimal example.
>>
>>5223929
yeah, i thought it was funny too. The other guy in the thread with the same OP pic said he saved this thread's OP pic and got a hard on and made him feel all gay.

I know how he feels.
>>
Do you play vidya OP?
>>
>>5223960
I cited Kayla because she's a namefag, so you can look her up, there are plenty of other anon cases of people who try deny trans and end up hating themselves later.
>>
>>5223975
yes

currently playing Armello
>>
File: 1446392354268.gif (282 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446392354268.gif
282 KB, 400x400
>>5224003
Noice m8
>>
>>5223341
You should give her one of yours.
>>
>>5223099
You asked people to convince you not to do it so here it goes:

Don't do it. You will never actually be a man. You will never have the experience of growing up and being socialized as a male, and you will never have a real functioning penis. You're currently attracted to men, and you have a much higher chance of dating and fucking men if you keep your body the way it is. The idea of someone inherently "being trans" before they even start transitioning is a social construct of the modern era, and if you were born in a time and place without trans people, the thought of becoming a man might never have crossed your mind. At the very least, it wouldn't be bothering you so much. You're right that men have done lots of cool things, but that doesn't mean that women can't be just as cool.

And for what it's worth, I think the female body is the most beautiful thing nature has ever invented, and I always get kind of sad when I see FTMs wanting to turn theirs into a hairy, greasy, muscle bound caricature of its former self.
>>
>>5223099
I'm a straight male, and I wouldn't be on this board if I didn't notice this topic on the front page.

I went through a phase where I was jealous of females. I wanted to look pretty. I'd get more attention from men and women. I will never know how it feels to be pregnant. Having a rack sounds like more fun than having gnads, and girls have more sex toys to play with.

Idk, I eventually got (well, had) a girlfriend and those feelings went away. I guess I was just attracted to women instead of wanting to be one. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>5223099
i was gonna tell you youll get over it once you start hanging out with butch lesbians but i see now youre a dumb asshole so yes, please transition. you make a shitty woman

>inb4 troll
>>
Im a pretty gay dude and I've thought of MtF before but at some point I realized I didn't actually want to be a women. I just think the female body is super sexy and emulating feminine traits makes me feel great. Who cares what other people think.

Really make sure you want to transition because being a guy wont magically make your life awesome.

The best thing you can do for yourself is act how you feel and be happy with what you've got. Because if you don't love you, how can someone else love you?
>>
>>5223099
How much respect do you think a feminine looking man who is short and has no penis would get? Very little - you would be mocked by women and rejected by men. Transmen are worse than Omega.
>>
>>5223560
>dickless manlet

This is basically what all FtMs are - their bone structure is weak and feminine too. You'll look like an Omega male, basically.
>>
>>5223099
OP if you're really serious about this email me.

[email protected]

I'd like to talk. I'm interested in hearing what someone like you has to say.
>>
File: 1p28aro.gif (474 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1p28aro.gif
474 KB, 200x150
>>5223099

Transition. You're a misogynist, we won't miss you.
>>
>>5224217
>Idk, I eventually got (well, had) a girlfriend and those feelings went away. I guess I was just attracted to women instead of wanting to be one. Just my 2 cents.
This is why I tell them to go to a gender therapist. It is to sort things like that out. Thing is there are certain things if present that are highly indicative of being transgender.
>>5223099
>my feelings for wanting to become a man have been getting stronger and stronger.
>I've always felt this way since I was a kid
shows persistence of feelings, makes first quote highly indicative instead of just indicative.
>>
DO NOT TRANSITION UNLESS YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY OTHERWISE
The grass is always greener on the other side OP. It sucks being a man and it sucks being a woman (the main difference being that men are conditioned not to complain so you dont know how bad it sucks) Just be yourself and don't go through the frustration of changing.
>>
>>5224679
>the main difference being that men are conditioned not to complain so you dont know how bad it sucks

its like you've never been to /r9k/
>>
>>5224679
>DO NOT TRANSITION UNLESS YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY OTHERWISE
This is actually somewhat solid advice and what I encourage people to think about when they come in questioning their gender identity. For me I did a thought experiment and literally could not imagine a future I would be satisfied with living as a man
>>
>>5224679
>>5224702
A thing to consider is only being only mildly happy isn't that fulfilling of a life. Since I started transitioning, my life has become much more fulfilling and I'm now much happier.
>>
>>5224679
most people on here are blind to seeing why they are unhappy and believe transitioning will help them.

I'm a "cis" straight guy and I browse here for entertainment. most common problems I see is that people believe transitioning will somehow make them happy. while there might be a temporary phase of happiness or relief, it will soon come crashing down as do most radical changes people try to make to themselves.

to op (who is a massive faggot): don't be an idiot like most people on this board and transition into something you are not. you need to find happiness elsewhere. if you start taking hormones you will regret it forever
>>
>>5224893
Yeah I guess that's a decent point. I just don't feel comfortable urging people to completely change their lives if they're not 100% sold on the idea

>>5225014
Also I do feel a bit worried when I see people like this. How many future Kaylas are on this board right now?
>>
>>5223099
Are you my cousin, Charlene?
>>
>>5225025
See now why I name dropped Kayla?
They're rampant.
I've had girls tell me they've 'beaten' dysphoria - how? Through heavy alcohol abuse. Sure, we don't have to transition, but that's missing the point, it's going to be a shitty lifetime without doing so.
>>
>>5225014
>I'm a "cis" straight guy
>"cis"

you either are or you aren't. so which one is it?
>>
>>5223099
fuck off filthy dyke
>>
>>5225340
>I've had girls tell me they've 'beaten' dysphoria - how? Through heavy alcohol abuse.
After the doctors me "not until your 18", I tried to escape the feels with heroin. Worked until I realized I was badly hooked and it was effecting work. I didn't even get a year's relief.
>>
>>5228606
>OP is a straight girl
>fuck off filthy dyke

i guess you can't read...
>>
>>5223167

this
also, all the misoginy is op's thread just screams of self hate

a dick won't make you smarter
>>
>>5223762

> Men age like wine and they don't need makeup to look good.

how stupid can you get
nobody expect men to use make up anyway, a guy who does it is usually shamed
of course men don't feel the need to put make up to feel pretty!

hint : as a woman you might no need it too!

concerning old hags : would you prefer to be an old fart then? with a beer belly and a receding hairline?
>>
>>5223407
>a gender therapist

Will just convince OP how brave she is and to transition. They will hardly question OP's motivations or influences.

Get a feminist psychologist or a PHD general psychologist.
>>
>>5223876
But Kayla has many other problems then gender dysphoria. One of them is Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>5224679
Happyness is very subjective. No can be perfectly happy. People are restless creatures.
>>
>>5230089
this
>>
>>5225014
bingo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZT7yVYAHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xut4-BBt4V4

>The fact is, you get great art only from mutilated egos. Only mutilated egos are obsessive enough. When I entered graduate school in 1968, 1 thought women were going to have all these enormous achievements, that they would redo everything. Then I saw every one of my female friends — these great minds who were going to transform the world — get married, move because their husbands moved and have babies. I screamed at them: What are you doing? Finish your great book! But they all read me the riot act. They said, "Camille, we are not you." They said, "We want life. We want love. We want happiness. We are not happy — like you are — just living off ideas." I am weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Personae

"[T]he whole female sex are, till their character is formed, in the same condition as the rich: for they are born ... with certain sexual privileges, and whilst they are gratuitously granted them, few will ever think of works of supererogation, to obtain the esteem of a small number of superiour people.
In the middle rank of life, to continue the comparison, men, in their youth, are prepared for professions, and marriage is not considered as the grand feature in their lives; whilst women, on the contrary, have no other scheme to sharpen their faculties. It is not business, extensive plans, or any of the excursive flights of ambition, that engross their attention; no, their thoughts are not employed in rearing such noble structures. To rise in the world, and have the liberty of running from pleasure to pleasure, they must marry advantageously [...] A man when he enters any profession has his eye steadily fixed on some future advantage (and the mind gains great strength by having all its efforts directed to one point) and, full of his business, pleasure is considered as mere relaxation; whilst women seek for pleasure as the main purpose of existence."
-Wollstonecraft
>>
>>5231925
>Taught from infancy that beauty is woman's sceptre, the mind shapes itself to the body, and roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adorn its prison.
wollstonecraft
>One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman. No biological, psychological, or economic fate determines the figure that the human female presents in society; it is civilization as a whole that produces this creature, intermediate between male and eunuch, which is described as feminine.
beauvoir

Beauvoir is too idealistic (what Paglia calls Rousseauist), thinking you can just "remove patriarchy" and women will become awesome, when actually their uselessness is deeply, deeply ingrained in their psychology and in a feminine "culture" with thousands if not millions of years of inertia. But Paglia is too pessimistic because she is laissez-faire by nature. She just sees women being useless and men being great, and goes "well, that's how things are, how interesting," and doesn't feel compelled to "fix" anything. But she herself is living proof that women CAN be something more than the worthless boring pieces of unambitious shit 99.9999999999% of them are. If you are not like her, and the disparity bothers you, then be part of the change. Help fix women.

Don't flee from your angst into an unrealisable fantasy of becoming male. That angst exists for a reason. Beauvoir hid from it in naive optimism.

Better to be one of the cornerstones of a new feminism that actually saves women from being worthless non-contributing effeminate parasites, than to spend ten years pretending to be a guy and never really getting anywhere. Be a "man" by writing the next great "masculine" cultural achievement, not by wearing dude clothes.

Also read Norah Vincent's Self-Made Man.
>>
>>5231937
>Better to be one of the cornerstones of a new feminism that actually saves women from being worthless non-contributing effeminate parasites

Not OP, but I've thought about doing this and really teaching the idea of "toxic femininity" ie. dependency, passiveness, laziness, narcissism

But very easily new movements can become extremist versions of their good intentions. So I'm very cautious of tackling that one.
>>
>>5231958
Personally I think it's the next big movement, and I'm excited to see people start to discover it.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I have some stuff I want to publish on the subject and I'm waiting for a time when my career is less vulnerable.
>>
>>5223099
This pic makes me want to transition from man to a manlier, hotter Man
>>
>>5232431
if you look like that you are winning in life
>>
File: Russia.jpg (5 KB, 200x134) Image search: [Google]
Russia.jpg
5 KB, 200x134
Hi OP, random anon in your same spot with opposite starting point. A lot of great tips here, but also a lot of bad tips. Best tip I have has already been shared. Gender therapy is best option to get ur head right before committing.
To me though, before gender fluid is annoying because I know i can't go back over the times in my life and start over again has a girl, and I live in a more...uncivil area where even the lgbt resource group disbanded. *goes off into rant about random things from past*

well, i'm off to cry in the corner and get baked. bye ppl!
>>
>>5232487
unless you want to transition to female...
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.