[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me 25 year old trans girl >visit 48 year old friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: blog-image-HRT-DOLLAR-PAID.jpg (141 KB, 675x555) Image search: [Google]
blog-image-HRT-DOLLAR-PAID.jpg
141 KB, 675x555
>be me 25 year old trans girl
>visit 48 year old friend at her house
>"just wait here let me use my bathroom real quick"
>waiting in her living room
>her 16 year old son comes downstairs
>"Hey....ash?"
>????
>".......can you help me get hormones? i think im trans too, but i cant tell my parents, they'd kick me out"
>just then my friend comes out of the bathroom
>don't give him an answer
>leave house with friend
>dont tell anyone

uhhh..... whats the ethical thing to do?
>>
>>6112314
does your friend know you're trans?
>>
File: Ash_OS_1.png (98 KB, 260x390) Image search: [Google]
Ash_OS_1.png
98 KB, 260x390
>>6112314
>ash
Anyways, if you're trans and you and the parent are friends, then why would the kid think that (s)he'd be kicked out? Seems like the parent's are cool with trans people.
>>
>>6112314
You could tell him he should really talk to his parents about it. If they know you're trans and they're cool with you, im sure they're not going to do anything drastic like kick him out of the house or whatever. It'd be best if he went the official route, but that might end up with him not starting hormones at 16, but rather 18 or something like that.

Also, what I would do in his situation, if they couldn't possibly go the official route any time soon, not that I'm necessarily telling you to tell him this should you decide to do that, would be to go get a job at a place like Wendy's that gives you a visa card on which you receive your pay. With that, they'd be able to order hormones online. The job with a visa paycard is important, because you can't open a bank account under 18. They also need a place to get the hormones shipped to without their parents finding out. Something like an 18 year old friend's house or something, or their own place if ballsy enough/if there is enough certainty it won't get seen by parents.
>>
>>6112314
You're going to get the kid hormones right? Since you're keen on playing doctor might as well jot down a diagnosis on a notepad, then hope he doesn't detransition
>>
>>6112345
????
>>
>>6112342

You can open a checking account with debit card when you're 13 now. You just need your parent's help to set it up. Put that prepaid card is a better idea, just in case.
>>
>>6112439
Their parents would be able to see the transactions on it. Not the same story with the visa card from a place of employment. Also, prepaid cards do not usually work for ordering hormones online, so that's why getting one through a place of employment is best.
>>
The ethical thing to do is to help her come out to her parents.

If the parents know you're trans and don't care, you can bet the kid won't be kicked out.

The world wants trans people to stop existing, hide away and die. You have a moral obligation to help other trans people get real medical care and real psychiatric help if you're able to.
>>
>>6112543
>If the parents know you're trans and don't care, you can bet the kid won't be kicked out.

HAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE SO NAIVE
>>
>>6112314
>"Hey....ash?"
Watchu playing?
>>
>>6114716
Sounds like there is a story behind this one...
>>
>>6114875

Parents can be accepting and all that shit but the time their kid is gay/trans/whatever they'll flip the fuck out and you better be sure they won't be as "accepting" anymore.
>>
>>6114875
You've never heard of that sort of shit? Like parents that "don't have a problem with the gays" or are even "supportive of the gays!" to seem progressive but freak out if their own kid is gay? Or parents that "don't mind the negros" and "even have black friends at work!" but "don't want muh daughter with one of them people".
>>
>>6115072
Yeah actually come to think of it that was pretty retarded of me considering how my mom reacted pretty negatively.

i.e. "why can't you just be gay?!"
>>
Worst case scenario is you get the kid mones, parents find out and he's a homeless sex worker. He gets aids and then realizes he wasn't really trans at all. Kid goes home and detransitions at 17 or 18 and gets his GED. Then the family sues you for ruining his life.

Best case scenario is the kid is really trans and the family is supportive but want to go the official route instead of online pharmacies in Bangladesh.
>>
>>6112314
Ash, you need to help her. Start giving her hormones in secret
>>
>>6112314
Give him mones
or at least t blockers
Don't tell his parents
Give him some grill clothes too
>>
>>6115029
Can confirm this is how my mum and sister was.

One of my sisters friends was trans and my mum spent time with them at the cafe they run.

She came home and was like "She's so lovely, and people kept staring at her and I hated it. She was a woman through and through"

>1 month later

"Hey mum I'm trans"

"WHAT NO NO YOURE LYING NO"

"YOURE A MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE"

:^)
>>
Spend time with the kid, talk and see why they think that way.
While a lot of transwhatevers realize pretty early it's also a hard subject with a lot of grey areas that kids just don't understand. At this point the ebst thing is friendly counseling if not professional. If the everything in the kid seems legit and simple after a few talks try to bring the subject to their parents, it's their family and not some pet project. Even if you're there with 100% of your support it won't help as much as udnerstanding parents.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.