[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/trg/ Trans rights general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: lzwM4bX.jpg (68 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
lzwM4bX.jpg
68 KB, 480x640
What laws are infringing in your human rights and laws seem beneficial to you?
>>
>>5980043
I'm Scottish.

So trans actually have protection and anti discrimination laws here

So basically if someone attacks me. It's a hate crime.

>tfw /pol/
>don't know how I feel about this
>>
>>5980064
That's pretty awesome but do people generally accept trans people?
>>
>>5980043
in supposedly liberal state in the US with same sex marriages and gay rights protected for like 10 years now, with slow sluggish works in trans protection

>infringing in your human rights
anti-discrimination laws on employment, education, housing, public accomodations
-> no enforcement unless you file a complaint and sue
-> can simply not hire you with excuses seeing you in person in interview /before/ offering the position, unless you look completely cis and your documents and shit all not outing you
-> can't fire you legally but can force you to want to quit through other means
-> private gender specific colleges exist and can exercise their right in not accepting trans applicants
-> housing in non-government assisted sector, aka the private market sector is in document protected but actually still discriminatory
-> bathrooms, changing rooms gender policing still in effect
-> "women"-specific gyms, hospitals and other facilities with religious affiliations still exist and are mostly exempted if they do not take government funding

>laws seem beneficial
-> health insurance cannot bail out not covering trans related treatments
-> gender marker change at least for driver's license requires only doctor's note stating you will not rebound to previous gender and does not require to completing bottom surgery anymore
-> police are required to address you by your preferred name even when your id hasn't officially changed yet and you can request the gender of the officer you prefer for pat-downs
>>
>>5980043
I'm german, changing my legal gender and name costs about 1500-2000€ and can take a year or longer.

That's just bullshit, surgeries are expensive enough.

Health insurances also don't cover SRS done outside the country, but inside Germany we don't really have any worthwhile surgeons.

It's also frustrating to self med because ADC and inhouse do not deliver towards here. I'd pay for Bicalutamide in a heartbeat, but there's simply no option for me to do so. Heck, it's even difficult to get an endo check your levels when you do self med.

I think apart from being ALLOWED to change my legal gender and name, I don't think we have any trans-specific laws and the MDK, which is a medical service for all the privatized health insurance companies, are responsible for the ridiculous RLE and "treatment" guidelines every health insurance adheres to and the state has no involvement in this.
>>
>>5980781
>I'm german, changing my legal gender and name costs about 1500-2000€ and can take a year or longer.

Wat? I'm Austrian and it cost me less than 200€ to get both done, didn't take much time either. Wouldn't have thought things are that different in Germany.
>>
File: 1310497622740.jpg (24 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1310497622740.jpg
24 KB, 525x481
New York here:

>Anti-trans discrimination law just passed
>Gender neutral bathrooms cropping up everywhere
>HRT and SRS are considered medically necessary and is covered by all insurance companies and medicaid and medicare

bretty good, not gonna lie.
>>
You think that strange. To change legal gender in Poland

> you need opinion from psychologist
> you need opinion from psyhcarist
> you need opinion from sexologist

All of them are expensive.

Then you need to take both of your parents to court and sue them.
If they don't support you then you are fucked.
>>
>>5980904
Sounds great to be honest, they have the right attitude and don't fall for the media bs.
>>
>>5980064
http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/mels/CEL2012_26.pdf

Also found this
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.