[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mississippi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: miss.jpg (44 KB, 814x252) Image search: [Google]
miss.jpg
44 KB, 814x252
...no Mississippi thread?
>>
>>5976884
omg nobody cares fuck off nigger loving tumblr faggot. stop shilling your gay agenda threads
saged
>>
>>5976888
>didnt sage
>>5976884
wouldnt expect anything different from mississppi the most retarded backward state in the union
>>
>>5976884
>majority of people support this view
>majority of representatives support this law
>governor signs it into law
>people vote in their legislators and governors
>rest of the country tries to tell them they're wrong

This is what's wrong with the tranny-dominated movement. Stay the fuck out of people's business.

Also what the fuck is up with that flag? It's like a Confederate Yugoslavia.
>>
>>5976884
Literally a retard state with it's retard law, and you expect everyone to be up in arms about it?

I was genuinely shocked that what this law does wasn't already legal in Mississippi.
>>
>>5976949
>Confederate Yugoslavia
can't unsee it comrade

I totally agree though. If private biz wants to boycott that's their right cause it's free enterprise but when the government starts banning its employees from traveling there you have a problem
>>
>>5977053
It was. If something is not illegal, then it is legal, and there was nothing illegal about doing this before. This is just meant as a sort of "vaccination" if you will against anyone making discrimination illegal in the near future.

And by near future, I mean "the next 48 hours", because I would be very surprised if this law lasts any longer then that against the Supreme Court once they learn of this. Laws preventing discrimination from becoming illegal haven't been working out recently in the U.S.
>>
>>5977106
In order for a case to be put in front of the Supreme Court, there has to be an actual court case for them to hear. And until the first judge rules on it, it's legal.

It takes quite a while for a case to be filed at the lowest level, filter through whichever intermediary appeals court, and then move on to the State/Federal Supreme Court.
>>
>>5977183
Haven't there been several state laws made in recent months that have been struck down within about 30 minutes by the Supreme Court? They're kinda just getting sick of people's bullshit, and not waiting around for a court case to happen. This law is clearly unconstitutional, so it's not legal for the governor to sign it into law in the first place, the Supreme Court will have no problem with knocking it down.
>>
>>5977834
>The Supreme Court will have no problem forcing businesses to do business with people that violate their religion
I'd like to see that pass through the supreme court. It's clear that we need another civil war in this country since state's rights clearly mean nothing anymore.
>>
I'm from Mississippi, it's pretty alright. That law is stupid.
>>
>>5977858
Well, hey, I'm all for killing all the southerners this time, instead of letting them live, but I'm not sure why you're so eager for that, bitch-boy.
>>
>>5977894

> implying there are no GLBT Southerners nor liberal Southerners
>>
if the government can coerce people to go against their religious beliefs, when it involves gays.

then I want to have jews and muslims eat pork.
>>
>>5977894

It ain't no thang, we don't want him. Or her. It. "Whatever type of sentient being is posting, we don't want it."
>>
>>5977931
We can do like we do with the Arabs. Let the gay ones and the liberal ones in, bomb all the rest. I may not like it, but it's better then nothing.
>>
File: Down South.png (16 KB, 572x371) Image search: [Google]
Down South.png
16 KB, 572x371
>>5976884
Incestuous, Racist, Anti-semitic, Islamophobe and Fundamentalist.

Miss. is a real craphole.

The whole deep south should be cut off and sink into the sea.
>>
>>5978004
:(
Why is /lgbt/ so mean? I thought y'alls be accepting and sheit.
>>
>>5977834
>They're kinda just getting sick of people's bullshit, and not waiting around for a court case to happen.
That's not how government works in the slightest. The Supreme Court just doesn't walk up and say "that's bullshit" on whatever they feel like.

>This law is clearly unconstitutional, so it's not legal for the governor to sign it into law in the first place
Go ahead and explain, with Constitutional references, how this law is >clearly unconstitutional. You should be able to do so easily, because it's so clear.
>>
Oh look white political leaders signing homophobic laws in the south.

But blacks are the real homophobes cause they called you a fag once.
>>
File: srsly.jpg (47 KB, 583x398) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
47 KB, 583x398
>>5978648
Holy fuck you sound like a faggot. How fucking butthurt are you?
How much did you get bullied as a kid?
Fucking faggot.

With love, a faggot
>>
>>5978712
Oh look the blackest and largest city in Mississippi is making a law against this law

http://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2016/apr/05/these-are-human-beings-jackson-city-council-passes/?templates=mobile

>"As a predominantly black city in Mississippi, the Jackson community has endured racism, discrimination and injustice over the years," a statement from Mayor Tony Yarber, sent out to media after the meeting, stated. "We are Mississippi's capital city, and as part of our declaration of being the 'Bold New City,' we will not discriminate against any individual because of race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, nor do we support legislation that allows for such discrimination."

>"These are human beings whether you believe in what they believe in," Ward 3 Councilman Kenneth Stokes said. "To incite discrimination is always wrong. There should never be discrimination in this world."

>"If the government is wrong and the governor is wrong, we need to let them know they are wrong," Stokes added.
>>
>>5976949
>tfw yugo doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>5977938
This is essentially what the laws will become if we don't pass laws protecting religious freedom.

I just don't understand gays if you don't like laws in a state then DONT LIVE ThERE move to San fagsicko if you want to cry about religious laws. And for people that don't even live in MS complaining about the law what do you care? You don't live there and the law passed by popular vote so obviously it's what the people of the state want. What kid of fascist are you to tell them how they should live
>>
>>5979107
>Hey, stop caring about anything that isn't in your immediate vicinity
>>
>>5979107
>WE BETTER DESCRIMINATE AGAINST GAYS, OR HUMANS MIGHT HAVE TO EAT PORK!
>>
>conservatives
>>
>>5979107
>telling people things is fascism
>>
Well Mr mayor my religion does not support incest so say good bye to the republican vote
>>
>>5980324
this desu
>>
>>5977834
I'm with you in standing against this law, but you don't seem to have a strong grasp of U.S. law.
1. It is going to take a while for a case to reach the supreme court.
2. They have to wait for a court case, otherwise it wouldn't be the supreme court.
3.It isn't clearly unconstitutional. You could make the case that it is stripping people of their rights, but you need to make that case.
4. It is perfectly legal for the governor to sign it into law. Even though assholes use the argument all the time "State's Rights" applies to this situation.
5. The supreme court is currently at 4 liberal/ 4 conservative split right now with the death of Scalia. Roberts is the only swing justice and I'm not sure he's quite on board with LGBT issues. If the senate won't confirm Obama's appointment, and this case reaches the supreme court before then, this will be a hard battle to fight.
>>
Christian sharia is on the rise. How long till America becomes Christian Saudi Arabia?
>>
>>5981025
>5. The supreme court is currently at 4 liberal/ 4 conservative split right now with the death of Scalia. Roberts is the only swing justice and I'm not sure he's quite on board with LGBT issues. If the senate won't confirm Obama's appointment, and this case reaches the supreme court before then, this will be a hard battle to fight.

THOSE FUCKING FUCKERS NEED TO JUST VOTE ON GARLAND ALREADY! I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP
>>
File: real democrat.jpg (36 KB, 503x600) Image search: [Google]
real democrat.jpg
36 KB, 503x600
>>5976884
FREEDOM
OF
ASSOCIATION
>>
File: cousin fucking map.jpg (274 KB, 1755x1240) Image search: [Google]
cousin fucking map.jpg
274 KB, 1755x1240
>>5980324
hmmmmm
>>
>>5981025
>5. The supreme court is currently at 4 liberal/ 4 conservative split right now with the death of Scalia. Roberts is the only swing justice and I'm not sure he's quite on board with LGBT issues. If the senate won't confirm Obama's appointment, and this case reaches the supreme court before then, this will be a hard battle to fight.

Oh boy. This retarded pedophile thinks a court case like this would have a harder time in the 4/4 split court then this sort of court case was having in the 4/5 conservative court when Scalia was still alive.

And yeah, it's clearly unconstitutional. Sorry, but just because you conservatives lie about what that means doesn't mean anything has changed cunt.
>>
>>5978004
They're already doing a good enough job destroying their own economy and environment and poisoning themselves in the process.
>>
>>5979154
Oh no! People are being inconvenienced in a minor way. Better burn the constitution. So small part of the population doesn't have to find a new priest or cake bakery.

This isn't Jim Crow. Where sitting in the wrong seat got you sent to prison.
>>
>>5981472
>My shitpost is dank bro! Praise Jesus!
>>
>>5981472
>burn the constitution
It's a self contradictory document, shit was bound to happen
>>
>>5981565
Private citizens in private voluntary transactions, should be free to discriminate.

Only government and interactions between government and private citizens. should be covered by anti discrimination law.
>>
>>5981654
Nah. Fuck your lies, you infection.
>>
>>5978035
We're just bitter about the overt intolerance of MI; that and MI's constantly ranked lowest in things like public education and health. Yet are much more often than not sitting at the highest in religiosity, and amount of federal assistance.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.