[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I come out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 253x200
Any tips or advice on how to come out to my family as trans. I am independent in the military and I have been on HRT for a little over 60 days now. My parents keep pressuring me to take leave but I just cant face them till I come out. Like I said any tips?
>>
>>6558698
>Any tips or advice on how to come out to my family as trans.
Don't.
It's for your safety.
>>
>>6558718
Then how do I get them off my back? They are harassing me about taking leave and seeing them.
>>
>>6558723
They'll keep bugging you unless they can't contact you anymore.
You're gonna lose your family anyway.
Might as well cut them off yourself.
>>
>>6558718

If they're independent, how would that affect their safety? This isn't the middle east where a woman gets immolated by her family for eloping.
>>
File: implying.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>6558797
>This isn't the middle east
>>
>>6558698
>2 months hormones
They will notice nothing. I promise you. Go take leave.
>>
>>6558834
The thing is It will take about 2 more months for me to actually take leave. They have been wanting to come see me but that will be like next week and I am soo busy and they never take no for an answer.
>>
>>6558779
I guess you are right!
>>
>>6558838

Four months hardly means shit either. At 6 months they might be jarred by the added fat in your cheeks. So it's better to go sooner than later.
>>
>>6558860
The thing is I just do not want to face them right now, I would rather just come out and not talk to them for a year but I still just do not know how to handle it.
>>
>>6558873
Call them and tell them then. Unlike for gayness there isn't really an "easier" way. Shit will be awkward. Would be surprised if both parents didn't cry. Sounds like they actually love you though with how much they want to see you, so I would bet that they will want you to remain in their lives. They probably miss you so much. Tell them and get it over with, explain that you won't go around as a man in a dress freak (this will be their only mental image of trannies) and will only go grill mode if you pass. Explain to them how you came to the conclusion you were trans and the process that got you on hormones, I'm assuming it's not self med because lol youre in the military why would you risk that. Try to make them understand why you did it and why it's not going away and they will need to accept it to have you in their life. They will get sad and shit, it's unavoidable, nobody wants to hear this about their kid. But I really think you'll do okay because they seem to actually love and miss you.
>>
>>6558911
That is really good advice. I am not even doing girl mode yet. Its not self medicated. I guess ill try it later when my dad gets home from work so I can get both him and my mom with the same phone call.
>>
>>6558779
Well that's pretty dumb.
I'm not gonna lie, you should be ready for that to happen, because it might! And that's shitty and terrible. But you might as well find out one way or the other. You never know, there's a chance they might be supportive.

When I came out to my family, I did it over FaceTime, because I don't live near any of my family. It might be something you want to consider if you don't want to risk physically being near them or being stuck waiting for transport to get the fuck away from them.

>>6558911
This is really good advice, yes.
I made sure when I came out I had a lot of information ready to provide them- it helps show that this isn't some spur of the moment bullshit, it's something you've been dealing with and you're handling it in an educated fashion.

>>6558934
Good luck, Anon!
>>
>>6558934
Good luck to you. Be prepared for the worst, but I think you'll turn out okay even if it is unavoidably awkward for a bit. They'll get used to it and return to normal eventually.
>>6558982
This poster has good advice on the issue too, be prepared with info for them, resources for the (good luck finding non susan's tier ones though ayyy lmao), so on and so forth. Explain how you did it because you had no other option (as there is no other known way to treat it)
>>
>>6558982
>>6558995
Thanks guys. I still get sick just thinking about it but I feel like it has to be soon because Ive been holding off for a long time.
>>
>>6559009
>I still get sick just thinking about it
I know that exact feel, you'll feel so relieved after it's over even if it goes poorly. It went somewhat poorly for me, but I imagine it'll go well for you, I don't think parents who want to see you that bad would want to cut you from their lives even with this shit going on.

It'd be making you feel just as sick even if you were 8 months in like I was when I told my mom. It's good you're getting it out of the way. It has to happen eventually.
>>
>>6559044
yeah I guess it does have to happen eventually. Its like I am just so terrified. Even though I am independent I just do not know why I am soo afraid!
>>
>>6559103
They're important to you. They're family. Their opinion is something you value. It makes sense to be scared. Be strong, no matter how it falls out. They deserve at least the chance to, well. Not fuck this up, basically. My fingers are crossed for you.
>>
>>6559171
Thank you I do appreciate it!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.