[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only one... right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: ugh.jpg (53 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
53 KB, 620x372
So, it's that magical time of year again.

The sun's out, flowers are bloomin', bee's are buzzin', and everywhere you look, there's a fuckin' rainbow!

At least in my city, we like to appear very tolerable.

Our big "Pride Week" is just around the corner, and being the "token gay" of my group of friends, everyone's SUPER stoked and talking to me like it's my own frikken religious holiday that our overtly politically correct world has deemed "wrongful" if you don't recognize or celebrate.

Which is all fine and dandy for them, but I fuckin' hate it. I hate Pride.

And I've tried, truly. I've been to the major parades and the smaller ones. I've been to the block parties and club nights, but I just can't stand the crowd, ya know?

I just feel so horribly uncomfortable surrounded by the atmosphere and fellow members of the gay community. But I feel like I'm letting the cause down if I don't go out and support it. Hell, the one friend I tried to even talk to about this basically ignored me and stopped talking to me after our discussion about it 3 weeks ago!

How fucked up would you guys rate me? Anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>6541721

I gotta say I agree with you bro.
>>
File: fun.jpg (16 KB, 233x280) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
16 KB, 233x280
>>6541721
Ever tried living a little?
>>
File: 1465840933033.jpg (58 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1465840933033.jpg
58 KB, 625x625
>cavorting with superficial extroverts
>expecting to feel anything other than the usual sense of repulsion

Sounds delusional desu senpai
>>
>>6542126

>cavorting with superficial extroverts
>expecting to feel anything other than the usual sense of repulsion

Funny you say that. I've always been somewhere in the middle of the introvert/extrovert scale. I consider myself an extrovert for the sake of having a label. I've always enjoyed public speaking and conversing.

Recently its like I've woken up though and realized most of the people out there are...slow. I wouldn't even call it 'superficial extroverts'. Most of the introverts around me don't have much rattling around in their heads either, they are just less up front about that fact than their extroverted counterparts.

--

>>6541721
>Our big "Pride Week" is just around the corner, and being the "token gay" of my group of friends, everyone's SUPER stoked and talking to me like it's my own frikken religious holiday that our overtly politically correct world has deemed "wrongful" if you don't recognize or celebrate.
I live in SF and its pretty much this. Except I'm more reserved and pretty actively avoid being friends with anyone who would put me on a pedestal for being gay. Which is most people in SF as it turns out as most of them are incapable of shutting the fuck up about identity politics for 3 consecutive sentences.

Pride is w/e. I don't actually mind it as far as crowded events go. I can get a sense of claustrophobia in crowds sometimes, but outdoor events are unlikely to make me feel that. Still though, I wouldn't go to pride unless a gay friend really wanted me to go with them.
>>
>>6542126
>hey everyone im a cool introvert that is socially awkward
>haha im so much more deep and interesting xd

kill yourself you INTP memeing fuck
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.