[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lgbt/, what is your opinion on asexuals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 10
File: images (5).png (773 B, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images (5).png
773 B, 495x297
Hey /lgbt/, what is your opinion on asexuals?
>>
>>6532901
I will thrust my sexuality upon them
>Muhahahaha
>>
Autistic cuties ripe for being lured into lewds. They're so shy when you show them how it's done.
>>
Repressed homos
>>
Why do I need to have an opinion on them? They're ok
>>
If they aren't L, G, B, or T then they don't belong here. The asexual identity was literally made up on a teenage girl's blog post, and politicized by an adult male pedophile that used ahistorical lies to trick children into spreading his retarded message, but that's a whole separate issue. This isn't an inclusion club. It never has been, and it never will be.
>>
I don't care, as long as you're not annoying about it.
>>
>>6534188
When you're making shit up for attention, "not being annoying about it" is never a possibility.
>>
>>6534171
> literally made up on a teenage girl's blog post

no

in 1948 the kinsey scale was created and there's a category there for asexual people so im PRETTY sure you are very wrong but good job at blaming things you're scared of or don't know anything about on the teens and their blogs
>>
Legitimate sexuality, but not part of LGBT and not oppressed
>>
literally don't care and i don't know why anyone should
>>
>>6532901
lgbtslmnopqrstuv
>>
>>6534280
>>6534282

This, there are no social issues with asexuality. Nobody opposes them, they can have a quiet life without being bothered by anyone.
>>
i think it could be a legitimate sexuality, but it's more rare than the internet would leave you to believe. doesn't really belong in LGBT though
>>
>>6534220
Wildly false, holy shit. Kinsey did not have a category for "asexual people." He has a no sexual experiences category - virgins, and those who would not admit to fantasies in his surveys. He didn't even use or respect the (medical, pathological, reclaimed but inaccurate) term BISEXUAL. We know for a fact where the first use of asexual to describe a sexual orientation comes from.

Before you go repeating whatever stupid bullshit AVEN indoctrinates you with, how about you actually fact check it? Then you won't go around being a dumbass shill.
>>
>>6534478
Seriously, the source is right here.
>blog post
>teen girl
>1997

>trying to steal "coming out" from lgbt people for attention

It's all right there. First use. Ever. There are no older uses of this term using that meaning.
>>
>"i'm not like other girls" is the actual source for ace cancer
Toppest kek
>>
What's with all the butthurt in this thread? Are you all mad because that "cute guy" you thought was gay because he wasn't into girls rejected you because he was actually asexual? Because this is the impression I have when I see people here sperging just because of our presence
>>
>>6534656
>this is what aces actually believe
>>
>>6534678
thanks for confirming what I've said in the previous post
>>
>>6534171
>The asexual identity was literally made up on a teenage girl's blog post
Pretty sure you're thinking of demisexuality. And even so, that doesn't mean demisexuality cannot be a useful term.

> politicized by an adult male pedophile that used ahistorical lies to trick children into spreading his retarded message
Could you elaborate on this? Who specifically are you referring to?

>>6534478
The point is, his studies provided evidence that some people have no or minimal sexual activity.

>>6534486
Here's a study from 1990 that mentions asexuality in its abstract (and the context makes it blatantly obvious that it's talking about sexual orientation, not asexual reproduction or anything like that).
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/20926173_The_Multidimensional_Scale_of_Sexuality
>>
>>6532901
Asexuality can be broken down into two groups.

1. People with legitimate medical conditions that cause them to have no libido (not a sexuality - see a doctor)

2. Extreme untouchable betas / nu-males who have convinced themselves that the fact that literally nobody wants to touch them is a """"""sexuality"""""" (it isn't)
>>
>>6532901
Tumblr
>>
>>6534656
I think 4chins is really not the place for you fatty.
>>
>>6534391
Fucking lies. You are peer pressured into sex thorough your life constantly. If you're a man you're going to be made fun of, and if you're a girl you're going to have men forcing themselves upon you at every turn.
Then you have a culture of sex constantly trying to shove in your skull the idea that sex is the best and you should be fucking as much as possible. You'd feel like a weirdo, like you have an illness. People won't be shy about telling you your body is broken for not wanting/enjoying sex.
Nobody will want a relationship with you. If you want one you will have to fake liking sex.
Get a load about the replies in this thread, change asexual for lgbt and see the hypocrisy.
I think it's fantastic that asexual people have visibility and I hope that someday they get accepted by society as equals. Also there must be a lot of asexuals who don't know they're asexuals and I'm sure they feel really confused and miserable.
>>
>>6535782
"I'm opressed because my feeligns hurt wehn talk about sexual"
>>
>>6535791
Prime example of how asexuals are treated. Must feel pretty good for them.
Ffs most replies in this thread are hostile and mocking. Gee I wonder what other sexualities are\have been treated like this before...
>>
>>6535804
>>6535782
shit tier trolling friendo
>>
>>6534872
Demisexuality was made up for a roleplaying forum, so a teen girl could write as many sex stories as possible without locking anyone out. It does not describe a novel concept of the human experience and it most certainly does not describe anything that is a sexual orientation, because what sex you're attracted to and how you are attracted to those sexes are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT INFORMATION. This granularization of human experience is neoliberal hogshit that is designed to futher oppress and depoliticize underclasses.
>>
>>6535804
You're an absolute retard. Being made fun of for being a special snowflake isn't remotely like being overtaxed, murdered, homeless, denied health care, and trapped in poverty. How fucking well off are you that you can't even comprehend the difference? How little struggle even exists in your life that you think this is about "community" and "inclusion" and mockery?
>>
>>6532901

Got off with a mtf asexual couple of months back. Tried going down on her she freaked after a bit. I think a lot of them are traumatised because of passed abuse.
>>
>>6536821

It's literally just this. For some reason they associate sexuality with an uncomfortable memory or feeling.

Source: Worked in counseling for 5 years.
>>
>>6536846
yo asexual here
definitely not traumatized
>>
I don't really have an opinion about them.
I don't really care who people do fuck, so why would I care who they don't fuck?

They get lots of hostility around here of course, but this is 4chan, a place full of angry basket cases. Everyone gets lots of hostility here.
>>
File: 1456072023227.jpg (64 KB, 428x287) Image search: [Google]
1456072023227.jpg
64 KB, 428x287
>>6534478
>Sure, I endured the insults that any teen has to live with: "Hey spore girl, let's see some cell division!" Kids can be cruel, but I didn't lose sight of who I am.

Kids can be funny.
>>
One of my best friends is asexual, and she's pretty cool. One of my friends dated an ace girl for a bit, and she was pretty chill as well.

Overall, all the ones I've met are pretty cool people, and I do think it's legitimate.

However, as mentioned in this thread, they're not really oppressed, nor have they ever been, at least not as much as LGBT persons, so it's not a huge social issue.
>>
>>6537040
They get a lot of hostility basically everywhere, because they're a pack of white homophobic cunts that steal money and time from places hurting for both. And it's not because of who they fuck or don't fuck, but the way they victimize others while pretending to be the victim. Every asshole gets hostility for being an asshole.
>>
>>6535804
Such oppression. Someone said mean things to you online. Boohoo.
>>
>>6534656
>implying all asexuals aren't uggos
>>
>>6537031
^^^^^
Not Asexual and is a liar
>>
>>6537252
Nah, I'm quite average looking
>>
>>6532901
I don't understand what the internal experience of being an asexual would be like, as I'm pansexual and want to fuck everyone. I'll take their word for it that they exist though, I guess.
>>
Most people that identify as one aren't one. If you actively want a boyfriend/girlfriend or have one and claim you are asexual you are delusional.
>>
>>6535804
Everyone gets judged for everything and anything the difference is no one has been killed or had their rights taken away for being asexual, which is why they shouldn't be part of LGBT.
>>
>>6537661
I basically just want a usual relationship without the sex. And also without tongue kissing because that's really unappealing to me.
>>
>>6538303
Then you are not asexual, you just have an aversion to sex.
>>
>>6532901
Asexuality should not be viewed as a sexual orientation, as it is not a sexual orientation in any way, shape, or form.

I have no sex drive, no ability to get hard, no ability to orgasm, no attraction to anyone, so on and so forth. This isn't some fucking sexuality, this is the lack of a sex drive.

I imagine there are maybe a small percentage of "asexuals" who are actually as truly fucked up as I am in regards to having a normally functioning sex drive, sex organs, attraction, and romantic desire.

They want to be a special fucking snowflake so they cling to the label, regardless of how "asexual" they really are. I would imagine many "asexuals" are simply bitter virgins whose thoughts have been heavily warped by cognitive dissonance, so they cling to the label to make them feel more okay about it.

Having no sex drive is not an identity. Sorry folks.
>>
>>6538313
No, it's not an aversion to me at all. It's more of a lack of desire.
And yes I have had my hormones checked.

This is like telling a gay man that he is in fact not attracted to other men and just has an aversion to sex with women.

Also I believe that if a person with sexual attraction can exist (aka regular people) someone without sexual attraction can exist (a freaky weirdo like me)

I assure you this isn't a desire to make myself special. I grew out of that when I went into college and had the "you're special" basically ripped out of me so I don't care about that shit anymore. It's childlike.

But if you want, you could call me a hyposexual or something to make me fit into the rules of your mind. Just leave me be.
>>
>>6538406
No, I'm sorry.,

If asexuality is a sexual orientation, it's not being sexually attracted to either gender.

What you say you want is a relationship with someone, that implies sexual attraction friend. Otherwise what you want is a friend.

The difference between a friend and a relationship partner is the sexual aspect. If you want a partner, you aren't asexual.
>>
>>6538462
What if I don't want a partner at all?
>>
>>6538462
Yeah, I guess what I want is a very close friend that you share the same bed and house with and give valentine's day gifts to. Someone that you lights your heart when you see you have brightened their day. Someone you would even marry and be happy in a room together without even talking. Their very presence makes you feel better. Their touch makes you know everything is right with the world.

That is what I mean when I say "I want a relationship".

Also a relationship doesn't mean anything sexual. You have relationships with your coworkers, friends, pets, rivals, etc.
>>
>>6538487
Then you fit the defintion of "asexual".

>>6538508
AKA someone you love in a non-platonic way which means you are in some way sexually attracted to them. That means you are NOT asexual.

Also of course the word "relationship" has more than one word. However when you say "I'm in a relationship with X" it implies a sexual relationship and not a friendship, otherwise you would merely state "I am friends with X".
>>
>>6538528
more than one meaning**, woops.
>>
>>6538528
I'm sorry that you have never felt love before. At least that is the only way I can explain why you can't tell the difference between love and sexual attraction.
>>
>>6538528
Apparently I must be sexually attracted to my siblings and my dog because obviously love is just about sex :^)
>>
>>6536492
>Demisexuality was made up for a roleplaying forum, so a teen girl could write as many sex stories as possible without locking anyone out.
This is frequently claimed, but it's utterly nonsensical since a demisexual is the last person who would be interested in no-strings-attached sex. Demisexual means you have literally no sexual feelings for anyone except those you already have a strong emotional connection with.

>>6537476
>confirmation bias

>>6537661
>>6538303
>>6538313
>>6538406
>>6538462
>>6538508
>>6538528
These posts seem to involve some ambiguity on what a "relationship" entails and whether it is inherently sexual. I mean, there is such a thing as "friends with benefits", which has a sexual component but emotional intimacy is more on the level of a typical friendship, so I think it's definitely possible for the opposite to be true as well, that is a relationship where there's a degree of emotional intimacy similar to that found in a sexual relationship, but no sexual activity. If someone is in such a relationship, it really makes more sense to just say "in a relationship", because to an outside observer that's exactly what it appears to be. Whether you have sex or not is really a private, personal matter, it doesn't change the fundamental dynamics of the relationship.

>>6538338
Asexuality isn't the same as lack of libido. Sure, people without libido are functionally asexual, but when people talk about it as an orientation they include people who have a libido, but it just isn't directed towards sexual activity with anyone.
>>
>>6538543
Ah yes do you share a bed with your siblings and give them valentines gifts?

If you cannot differientiate the type of love two people in a relationship have (non-platonic) with the type a brother and sister have (platonic) you must be autistic.
>>
>>6538581
I used to share a bed with them when we were younger and also if there's just one bed during a trip.

And yes I give them valentines gifts because we both like candy and gifts and it gives me an excuse to give them something and make them feel special

So apparently I want to fuck them :^)
>>
>>6538594
Flat earther tier baiting.
>>
>>6538600
>Someone enjoys their sibling's presence? Must be bait
I'm sorry for your poor relationship, anon. Did you fight a lot?
>>
>>6532901
I want them off my board

>>6534280
lack of a sexuality is not a sexuality
>>
>>6538576
>I mean, there is such a thing as "friends with benefits", which has a sexual component but emotional intimacy is more on the level of a typical friendship, so I think it's definitely possible for the opposite to be true as well, that is a relationship where there's a degree of emotional intimacy similar to that found in a sexual relationship, but no sexual activity.

Maybe you would be right if it were not for the fact that emotional intimacy is intrinsically linked with sexual attraction. The truth is that you don't form that emotional intimacy unless you are both attracted to each other. That is why a straight man views his wife differently from his best friend from childhood. Him and his best friend don't share the same house, sleep together, go out on dates, send each other valentines presents etc but comparing the level of emotional intimacy between him and his friend and him and his wife would be difficult.

You are over complicating a very simple issue. If you desire a non-platonic relationship you are not asexual. It's THAT simple. Remove sexual attraction from a relationship between two partners and you are left with a friendship.
>>
>>6532901
I honestly might think I may be asexual. All of my previous partners have said at one point or another that my sex drive is virtually nonexistent. I literally have no drive to have sex with anyone unless they initiate it and make it extremely clear. And even then I rarely ejaculate from it. Am I asexual or just autistic?
>>
>>6538581
What if I do do those sorts of things with someone I'm NOT related to, but don't have sex with them? Is that somehow a "sexual" relationship?

>>6538677
I think you're overcomplicating a simple issue by assuming everyone's experiences of emotional intimacy are the same as yours.

>Him and his best friend don't share the same house, sleep together, go out on dates, send each other valentines presents etc but comparing the level of emotional intimacy between him and his friend and him and his wife would be difficult.
And what if someone did do those sorts of things with their best friend, but had no desire to fuck them?

>Remove sexual attraction from a relationship between two partners and you are left with a friendship.
So if I share a home and bed with someone, am legally married to them, and so on, but aren't sexually attracted to them, that's somehow no different from being friends with them?
>>
>>6538616
"Sexuality" means sexual orientation, i.e. the category of who you are and aren't attracted to. "Lack of sexuality" would mean being utterly indifferent to whether you're having sex or who you're having sex with.
>>
>>6535012
Perhaps I am part of group #2?

How do I tell?
>>
>>6538762
I don't understand why this is such a hard concept for you to grasp.

>And what if someone did do those sorts of things with their best friend, but had no desire to fuck them?

Just because you find someone attractive to someone doesn't mean you want to fuck them.

>So if I share a home and bed with someone, am legally married to them, and so on, but aren't sexually attracted to them, that's somehow no different from being friends with them?

Why don't you tell me what the difference is then? What is the difference between you wanting a boyfriend/girlfriend and you wanting a close friend? Because I'm pretty sure people don't marry and live out their lives with people they aren't attracted to unless they have an ulterior motive (trying to get money etc.).
>>
How fucking autistic must you be to equate not having a libido to not being attracted to people? Is a wife no longer attracted to her husband because she's not in the mood for sex?
>>
>>6532901
most boring sexuality there is
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 258x195
ant none of my bizness that ant hurtin not one physicality so i dont care
>>
>>6538781
>Just because you find someone attractive to someone doesn't mean you want to fuck them.
Okay, so in your mind it's possible to find people attractive, but never have any desire to fuck anyone at all? Is that what you're saying?
>>
>>6538766
you just described asexuals, retard
>>
>>6538814
Most asexuals aren't totally indifferent to sex. They tend to feel the same way about sex with anyone that a gay man would feel about fucking a woman, or a straight man would feel about fucking another man.
>>
>>6538812
It's not in my mind. In reality is is possible for people to find other people attractive but also have an aversion to sex either because of previous trauma or something fucking up with their libido.

Your libido has fuck all to do with who you find sexually attractive. It only dictates how often you feel the need to have sex. Sexuality dictates what gender of person you want to have sex with.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand, are you trolling?
>>
>>6538826
They have no interest in sex, therefore they have no sexuality. You have to have sex to have an orientation.
>>
>>6538841
How would you define "sexual attraction" in the absence of libido?

>>6538863
>You have to have sex to have an orientation.
So virgins don't have an orientation?
>>
>>6538863
No, they have no sexuality and therefore no interest in sex.

Abstaining from sex isn't a sexual orientation, not being attracted to either sex is.
>>
>>6538873
>How would you define "sexual attraction" in the absence of libido?

Libido is the desire to have sex. You can have low to no libido and still be straight, or gay. It's not the same thing as sexual orientation and sexual orientation is not defined by someones libido.

Why did you dodge my question originally?

Please answer this:

>What is the difference between you wanting a boyfriend/girlfriend and you wanting a close friend? Because I'm pretty sure people don't marry and live out their lives with people they aren't attracted to unless they have an ulterior motive (trying to get money etc.).
>>
>>6538873
That's not what I meant. I mean people who have interest in sex.

>>6538877
>No, they have no sexuality and therefore no interest in sex.
it goes both ways.
>not being attracted to either sex is
no it's not, you can't have a sexual orientation if you have no sexuality.
>>
>>6538902
>Libido is the desire to have sex. You can have low to no libido and still be straight, or gay. It's not the same thing as sexual orientation and sexual orientation is not defined by someones libido.
Okay, but if someone has no desire to have sex, how would you define/categorize their orientation? What would you use to judge their orientation?

>>What is the difference between you wanting a boyfriend/girlfriend and you wanting a close friend? Because I'm pretty sure people don't marry and live out their lives with people they aren't attracted to unless they have an ulterior motive (trying to get money etc.).
Because a boyfriend/girlfriend is more emotionally intimate, usually an exclusive relationship, and often live together. But in reality, it's not like relationships are concretely one or the other, there can be gray areas, they're just terms we use to categorize common social patterns.
>>
>>6538909
>no it's not, you can't have a sexual orientation if you have no sexuality.
Okay, suppose someone isn't attracted to either sex, but masturbates to pictures of lampshades. Do they have a "sexuality"?
>>
>>6538923
they would be lampsexual or whatever, we're talking about asexuals here, dumbass.
>>
>>6538931
Isn't it the convention that sexuality is only defined by gender/sex?
>>
>>6538952
no. It's defined by what you have sex with (or want to)
>>
>>6538958
No it's not, having a sexual obsession with inanimate objects is called a fetish.
>>
I used to identify as asexual and still sort of do. I think it's just a very low sex drive, perhaps related to hormones, like homosexuality can be.
>>
>>6538967
whether having a sexual obsession with inanimate objects is considered a fetish or not has nothing to do with what I just said. Try rubbing some brain cells together, retard.
>>
>>6538977
What you said is factually wrong and I corrected you.
>>
>>6538992
I said that sexual orientation is defined by what you have sex with (or want to)

That isn't "factually wrong" in any way.
Your response had no relevance to what I said and didn't correct anything.
>>
>>6538576
Oh gee, you think maybe that shallow hypocrisy is kind of the whole point in why people call that origin out?
>>
>>6539043
I'm saying that "demisexuality" as used in the roleplaying forum has basically nothing to do with what demisexuality actually means. Etymologically, "demisexual" makes sense with its modern meaning. "Demi-" means half, so it's "half-sexual", as in mostly asexual with a few rare exceptions. Using "demisexual" to refer to "having lots of casual sex" makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
I don't understand- why can't we all just be decent people towards each other? Is it really that hard to be nice to someone even if we don't understand them completely?
>>
>>6539104
>4chan
>being nice
>>
>>6539104
If you go to tumblr and say "4chin bullyed me :^(" they'll probably coddle you infinitely. Just leave. This website (and pretty much the internet in general) isn't for people who get their feelings hurt easily.
>>
>>6532901
They're either people who can't get anything so they just say that they're asexual but would most likely jump on the first piece of ass that comes their way.

Or, they've been raised to believe that sex is gross or have had traumatic experiences involving sex in the past and are afraid of it.

OR. They have something wrong with them in their brain because sexual attraction is what keeps our species thriving, whether that's straight sex or gay sex it doesn't really matter but our brains are wired to want to fuck each other.

I'm not denying its existence completely, however unless you fall into the medical condition category, asexuality comes from your environment like how you've been raised and traumatic experiences with sex.
>>
>>6539104
Ablooo blooo bloooooooo
>>
>>6539030
Relating to the gender you want to have sex with retard, not the object/species.

Being attracted to inanimate objects is a sexual fetish, not a sexual orientation. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>6532901
I envy them even more than homosexuals
>>
>>6535782
If you are asexual then your body is broken. Your body has no libido, no urge to have sex, and therefore to reproduce. Evolutionarily this makes you a failure as a member of a species.

That said, I have no problem with it. We are a relatively civilised species now and survival is not a top priority for most people anymore. So we can afford to have a minority that does not wish to reproduce. They should absolutely should be accepted, but it is silly to prey rend that they are normal.
>>
>>6540131
Many asexuals do have libido, and their urge towards "sex", if it exists, is just directed towards something so weird that most would not recognize it as sex. And asexuals are no more "evolutionary failures" than homosexuals are, and arguably less so since they don't waste their time having non-reproductive sex.
>>
>>6540147
>if it exists, is just directed towards something so weird that most would not recognize it as sex.
That's called a fetish.
>>
>>6540157
And someone who's sexuality consists of just a fetish would be in the category of asexuality, as they don't desire sex with either men or women.
>>
>>6532901
>>6532901
>Hey /lgbt/, what is your opinion on asexuals?
they deserve just about as much consideration as bisexuals do. Ppl will find it just as weird as someone who totally doesn't do sex as someone who willing to occasionally hit for the other team. They ARE a sexual minority but they won't get as much shit as the gays and trannies get.

>>6540131
>Evolutionarily this makes you a failure as a member of a species.
how does being gay, lesbian, or transsexual not fit this same description tho?
>>
>>6540147
If you wish to have sex, then you are, by definition, not asexual. If it something weird that gives them sexual satisfaction, it is a fetish. But that is not relevant, as if they are capable of feeling sexual satisfaction then they are, by default, not asexual. What I said can also be applied to homosexuals. (Since you brought it up)
>>
>>6540166
There's still something that they're sexually attracted to something. Kind of confusing, I guess, but it's still not the absence of sexuality. I suppose the best word to describe it would be asexuality still though, so I suppose you're right.
>>
>>6540181
I never mentioned gays, lesbians, or transsexuals. OP asked about asexuals. But since you asked. Yes, they are also failures from an evolutionary standpoint. But as I also said, that's OK.
>>
>>6540184
Asexuality doesn't mean the absence of sexuality, rather it means not being sexually attracted to any gender.
>>
>>6538576
>Asexuality isn't the same as lack of libido.
Of course not, but lack of libido was not my only point. I also mentioned lack of romantic attraction and physical attraction, and implied that anyone lacking in such areas is not a normal, functional human being. I would consider all these things, in some way shape or form, part of the human sex drive. Sex is about much more than just fucking - unless you're a slut, I guess.

It still does not make it an identity. It's not a sexuality. It's straight-up being a broken human, no getting around that. No identity to it. Anyone claiming to be asexual is doing it purely for snowflake reasons, and there is no way around that. That's why you're like the only person to respond to my post, and no offense, but you didn't address all my points, I'll completely forgive that as my wording wasn't as straight-forward as it could have been.

Nobody else responded because they know I'm right. I'm as "asexual" as it gets and because of this I see right through the bullshit. None of us are asexual. We're just fucked up.
>>
>>6540196
Nope. It means to have no sexual feelings at all.
>>
>>6540075
so, asexuality comes from either nature or nurture just like the rest of the LGBTs.
>>
>>6540196
Well, if you go by the dictionary definition, no, but I'm not sure what else to call it, so I'm conceding.
>>
>>6540118
no, sexual orientation isn't exclusive to humans. If you are attracted to/have sex with an animal or inanimate object that is a valid sexual orientation.

Whether you consider something a fetish or not has nothing to do with it. Sexual attraction to the same sex can and has been considered a fetish too, that doesn't mean it can't be an orientation.

>>6540196
You are stupid beyond words, when you put an A in front of something it literally means the absence of. Asexuality, Atheism, etc.
>>
>>6540200
Also going to add this onto my post, just in case someone wants to argue for the "choosing to be asexual" argument:
Anyone who by choice alone decides to not engage in sex, romantic relationship, physical relationship, etc (all that shit I was talking about) is simply celibate. Not asexual.
>>
>>6540202
But why should we give a shit tho
>>
>>6540200
>>6540211
sweetie, you're just autistic.
>>
>>6540223
We shouldn't.
See:
>>6540131
>>
>>6540236
Wanna chuck an argument instead of an ad hominem (i.e. complete non-argument)?
>>
>>6540236
Great argument tumblr. Post a sassy nigger gif next. That'll show em.
>>
>>6540203
Yes but no in the sense that it's either a medical condition in terms of nurture and traumatic experiences. Also asexuality isn't part of lgbt
>>
>>6540208
>You are stupid beyond words, when you put an A in front of something it literally means the absence of. Asexuality, Atheism, etc.
Yes, but by convention, [x]sexual has x referring to gender/sex. Without that convention, anyone who wants to fuck the same race or species could be called "homosexual".

homosexual = sexually attracted to the same sex
asexual = sexually attracted to no sex
>>
>>6540200
So if someone has all those things - libido, romantic attraction,and physical attraction - but has no desire to fuck anyone, what would you call that?
>>
>>6540265
Celibate person. Broken human. Mentally ill. Take your pick.
>>
>>6540200
You are absolutely correct. Do not let >>6540236
Tell you otherwise. They seem like they just blew in from tumblr. Not making addressing any points and just saying >sweetie, you're just autistic
>>
>>6540265
>>6540268
Also, no offense (who am I kidding) but I would probably call them full of shit and be completely right.
>>
I always say im asexual because its easier than just saying i have next to no sex drive.

Should i stop?
>>
>>6540265
Not the guy u asked. But. Celibate.
>>
>>6540263
You are mixing things up, asexuality describes the lack of a sexuality and nothing else.
>>
>>6540236
Fuck off back to whatever echo chamber you stumbled out of.
>>
>>6540281
Celibate implies it's a choice though. It's not that this person is afraid of STDs or rape or anything like that, or is doing it for religious reasons, it's just that sexual intercourse doesn't appeal to them.
>>
>>6540279
Yeah just say you have no sex drive, nobody will bat an eye.

Actually, better yet: say nothing. Nobody needs to know this shit. Nobody wants to know this shit. Nobody cares, and it'll just make you look bad and people will think that you are weird (and they aren't wrong). Are you going around telling everyone? Stop.
>>
>>6540286
You're going by the general dictionary definition. The more specific orientation definition follows the same conventions as other orientations.
>>
File: 1446600060066.gif (2 MB, 204x232) Image search: [Google]
1446600060066.gif
2 MB, 204x232
>>6540250
>>6540258
>>6540272
>>6540289
>>
>>6540279
Have you ever been in a relationship with someone or would like to be? I mean relationship in the sense that it is the same as a typical relationship between a man and woman just minus the sex? If so then stop calling ur self asexual imo. Because a relationship like that is inherently sexual.
>>
>>6540293
By that logic asexuality = attraction the the letter A? That doesn't even make sense.

There is no "orientation definition", asexuality is not a sexual orientation. But go ahead and throw all meaning out the window so you can identify as some trendy meme.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (50 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
50 KB, 720x439
>>6540290
Celibacy is not by necessity a choice. Celibacy is simply not fucking, for any reason, be it by free will or not.

Also, I was the first person to say "celibacy" to that post, and I like how you ignored my post, because it had two "catch-alls" after "celibacy."
This post: >>6540268
>Celibate person. Broken human. Mentally ill.
>Broken human. Mentally ill.
Now regard this post: >>6540277
>I would probably call them full of shit and be completely right.

So let's just forget about celibacy for a moment. Here are your choices:
>full of shit
>broken human
>mentally ill
>a combo of all of these

I'm leaning towards full of shit but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Pic related.
>>
>>6540290
Well thinking about what you asked now, I don't think your question really makes sense. You say they have libido, but no desire to fuck. But the two are synonymous.
>>
>>6540320
>inb4 they have a libido that is only satisfied by their hand
In that case they're autosexual :^)
>>
>>6540310
I think we all missed a flaw in the question.
Check this >>6540320
>>
>>6540338
Oh I didn't miss it at all. It was the very first thing I thought of actually, but I didn't need it to destroy their implied argument that they're asexual.
>>
>>6532901
Listen, I'm constantly being discriminated against because of my asexuality. Do you think that I LIKE being asexual??? Literally no one wants to have sex with me! I'm pretty sure I am now suffering from PTSD because of all the rejection and asexual discrimination I've suffered over the years.
>>
>>6540292

Well i dont bring it up myself, its just that people keep asking.

>>6540301

I have no desire to be in a relationship, never have been, but that doesnt mean that cant change in the future.
>>
>>6540327
In that case they are not asexual. I don't know if there's a name for that. But they are not asexual.

But since you've brought it up, I don't think that's possible. Libido is designed to drive us to have sex with the opposite gender. Sometimes things are broken and you get asexuals, or homosexuals. But to have a libido and not have it directed towards another being would be an incredibly unlikely series of events and mutations, if possible at all
>>
>>6540348
>Well i dont bring it up myself, its just that people keep asking.
Ah I see. In that case just say you have low/no sex drive. That will spell it out for them perfectly, without making you look like some snowflake tumblrtard.
>>
>>6540351
>I don't think that's possible
Neither do I, I was mainly just having a little fun haha.

>Sometimes things are broken and you get asexuals
Remember, asexuality is not a thing. Being a broken human is. We need to kill that word.
>But to have a libido and not have it directed towards another being would be an incredibly unlikely series of events and mutations, if possible at all
Agreed. The nature of the libido implies sexual attraction of some kind if any libido is present.
>>
>>6540366
eh, I'll agree to
>asexuality is not a thing. Being a broken human is. We need to kill that word.

just as soon as homosexuality is put back into the DSM for being broken humans as well.
>>
>>6540383
>just as soon as homosexuality is put back into the DSM for being broken humans as well.
I am 100% for that. Same with trans stuff. All of LGBT is mental illness, that is undeniable. Should anything be done about it differently? No, not really. Just some more realism. Humans aren't supposed to function like this. Is it okay if you do? Absolutely, it's not like you can help it. Still doesn't make you a normally functional example of our species.
>>
>>6540391
Agreed. Asexuals and homosexuals and the rest of LGBT are all both part of same group.
>>
>>6540366
>Neither do I, I was mainly just having a little fun haha.
I thought as much.

>Remember, asexuality is not a thing. Being a broken human is. We need to kill that word.
I have to disagree. Illnesses need medical terms.
>>
>>6540391
Glad to see others agree. Having an opinion as blatant as that is frowned upon in today's world, to say he least.
>>
>>6540398
But asexuals do not exist. They can't be part of the same group. They have nothing to do with LGBT, they just have fucked up sex drives/attraction/romantic desires etc etc etc.

Would you consider someone who had penile cancer, had their dick removed as a result, and stopped having sex to be LGBT? No. LGBT and those people have no common interests. T at least could argue that anyone who fucks them is homo in some way or another. "asexuals" have nothing in common though. They're not queer. They just don't fuck/have romantic attraction/physical attraction or whatever else. That's it. Has nothing to do with LGBT, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to tack yourselves onto LGBT purely for attention/oppression points/snowflake reasons and nothing else.
>>
>>6534872
>no or minimal sexual activity.

not a sexual identity
not a sexual orientation

celibacy is behavior, anybody can be celibate, regardless of identity or orientation.

it has nothing to do with lgbt specifically, or herterosexuality for that matter. please go away, snowflake.
>>
>>6540348
>I have no desire to be in a relationship, never have been, but that doesnt mean that cant change in the future.

It seems you have a sort of Goodman's riddle on your hands.
>>
>>6540423
> Illnesses need medical terms.
Then give them medical terms based off of what is making each specific person have those problems.

Me for example: balls destroyed by infection. There ya go.
Someone else maybe: horse kicked them in the junk and it all was so #rekt that it had to be removed (guess that's the same category as me - genital damage)
I could go on and on. There's got to be -something- causing all of these people to have these problems. But it sure as shit is not a unified reason across all of them, and they don't have a unified set of symptoms. All of us would be better off seeking help and such things through other avenues. Not LGBT.
>>
>>6540430
but you just said that the homosexual identity doesn't exist either; that it's just a mental illness. It's all just some form of mental illness revolving around sexual attraction.
>>
>>6540430
Being physically unable to have sex and being asexual are two very different things.
>>
>>6540448
As I said here >>6540455
Not having sex for reasons such as being unable to does not make you asexual. I would include people who have lost their sex drive due to environmental circumstances, ie getting kicked in the balls by a horse in this too. Asexuals are the people who have had no libido from the start. In which case the causes are unified.
>>
>>6540452
>but you just said that the homosexual identity doesn't exist either
What? Lmao. No. You're putting words in my mouth.
I said it's a mental illness. It's definitely a sexual identity seeing as (in the example of gay men) it's men who are into other men. That is a sexality. That is an identity. It's a mental illness but that doesn't really have an impact on it's "sexuality-ness".

"Asexuals" on the other hand present in many different ways, you can see this reading any acegen. Some may be mentally ill, some may be physically unable, some may have some physical deformity or issue of some sort, or psychological trauma, so on and so forth. These are all things where the respective people feeling these things in their respective ways for their respective reasons should go to their respective groups of people who are feeling the same things for the same reasons. Not LGBT at all. Not a sexuality. Not an identity.

>>6540455
And that is why asexuality doesn't exist. Are you gonna tell me now that you no longer consider any trannies to be asexual if it's just their hormones or lack of balls causing it? For many of them they become physically incapable at least of using benis in any meaningful way, and often get a rock-bottom sex drive. I mean I don't consider anyone to be asexual, but I'm just wondering what your thoughts are here.

Another point: physically being unable often leads to no desire, no libido, and all of that. Furthermore, being physically unable is forced "asexuality" i.e. forced not-having-of-sex, whether or not the desire is there in their mind.
>>
>>6540481
>you can't become an asexual! you can't be in my special snowflake group! you have to be #bornthisway!
>snowflakes are born, not made
>LGBTQAAPTFUCKYOURMOTHER FOR LYFE!

So if I was born without working balls it'd be different? Ayyyyy lmao.
>>
>>6540481
Classic moving-the-goal-posts fallacy.
>>
>>6540518
>"Asexuals" on the other hand present in many different ways, you can see this reading any acegen. Some may be mentally ill, some may be physically unable, some may have some physical deformity or issue of some sort, or psychological trauma, so on and so forth. These are all things where the respective people feeling these things in their respective ways for their respective reasons should go to their respective groups of people who are feeling the same things for the same reasons. Not LGBT at all. Not a sexuality. Not an identity.

the same sorts of things were said of homosexuals before they were removed from the DSM for political reasons.
>>
>>6540320
Look at the fetish discussions above. If your libido is directed at say lampshades or coffee tables, it's not exactly possible to fuck one or desire to. Especially if your fetish is one such that you only want to masturbate to pictures of those things, but not rub your genitals on them or something.

>>6540351
There's no rule that the target of libido has to actually be a "being" in the conventional sense. It's definitely possible for things to get broken like that.

>>6540436
I notice you're unwilling to back up your claims of asexuality being a pedophile conspiracy.

>>6540448
Causes aren't always known. But you can still classify by symptoms, that's better than just using overly broad terms like "broken" or "mentally ill".
>>
>>6535782
>Then you have a culture of sex constantly trying to shove in your skull the idea that sex is the best
Uh welcome to being a biological lifeform.
>>
>>6541168
Actually, that's just called being a human. Basic lifeforms, such as bacteria, don't have a culture and do not have sex.
>>
>>6541180
only humans have culture. The rest of the animal kingdom has sex. You aren't a bacteria. Culture isn't what makes you want to have sex. You're an idiot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction#Bacteria_and_archaea
>>
>>6541218
>biological lifeforms have a culture
>uh actually bacteria are lifeforms and don't have a culture
>NO I MEANT HUMANS

great job at moving those goal posts. Also did you even read what you wrote? The OP was talking about a culture that said that sex is the best and you said "welcome to being a biological lifeform"

With this phrase, you say that all biological lifeforms, which includes bacteria, have a culture

Also,
>only humans have culture

>not including primates
>not knowing about different dialects of birds of the same species in different areas
>not knowing about different dialects of underwater mammals within different pods and areas
>not knowing about New Caledonian crows and their different techniques in tool making
>The rest of the animal kingdom has sex

>not knowing how fish reproduce (jizzing over eggs in water)
>not knowing how sea slugs reproduce (stabbing their "partner" with semen)

holy shit this must be bait. read a book.
>>
>>6541312
I'm not reading all of this bullshit.

Asexuals aren't a sexual orientation and you should leave.
>>
>>6541334
nigga, I'm not even talking about asexuality. Fuck that.

I'm just trying to make sure you learn some shit.
>>
>gay people fuck
>don't reproduce unless they use a surrogate, or they can also adopt if they want kdis
>heterosexual porn stars fuck far more than the average person
>don't reproduce unless they want to
>hetero-romantic asexuals don't fuck
>don't reproduce unless they want to
>homo-romantic asexuals don't fuck
>don't reproduce unless they want to go the same route as homosexual couples

Why, exactly, are asexuals the only group among these peoples that liberals and the strange breed of LGBT /pol/tards on 4chan can't accept?
>>
>>6541621
Something about "no we're not broken, but ur", I think.
>>
You guys don't get asexuality. You still get lonely without the natural instincts to form close relationships. It's fucking cruel. Everyone you have sex with will be disappointed or feel like you think they're ugly. Even now I'm crying because the one person who I thought liked me replaced me. Its going to be a long time before I find another person who doesn't mind me.
>>
>>6541884
But why should I care? And what do you want exactly from LGBT? To march in a parade? To spread knowledge of a condition every normie already knows of?
>>
>>6540717

If you have a libido, it does not matter what the target of your libido is, you are not asexual.
>>
>>6540518
>>6540536
Having read your replies I see the problem here. Asexual should be an umbrella term used to describe anyone without a sex drive.

Within the term asexual there are other terms to describe each reason for b being asexual. I.e. Born that way, infection, physical damage etc.

But don't you >>6540536
Go putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about LGBT people or special snowflakes. I am not asexual and there's a lot of LGBT related things that are just getting out of hand. I think that the special snowflakes attitude we see more and more of these days needs to die.
>>
By the medical profession and on paper I am considered asexual.
This is because lack of arousal and no incentive to ensure sexual and romantically relations.

However I consider it a sickness and I want to be cured. I want to have sex, I want to be horny, I want these things.
But there is no cure for it, there are no pills or treatments for lack of arousal.
>>
>>6540563
I can't move the goal posts if I'm not playing G the game.
>>
>>6542226
Because some of them are gay, you dumbass
>>
>>6532901
They exist.
Not gonna invalidate them. Pretty sure if I do that I should invalidate the whole lgbt community. Which i wont because im lgbt+
>>6535310
>calls them fatty
>no weight mentioned
>you must be the real fatty
>>
File: gaywithoutsex.jpg (99 KB, 625x826) Image search: [Google]
gaywithoutsex.jpg
99 KB, 625x826
>>
>>6544051
>Yes but also no
are you kidding me
>>
>>6542226
I don't care about LGBT community shit, but everyone is pretending like we have it good, it's not. You shouldn't care but just don't be a dick about it and take tumblrinas who are hipster asexual as fact.
>>
File: thatawkward.jpg (349 KB, 550x774) Image search: [Google]
thatawkward.jpg
349 KB, 550x774
>>
>>6542481
In terms of orientation you are, because orientation is about sex/gender. Otherwise we're going to have millions of tumblr meme orientations based on every possible fetish.
>>
>>6544324

good explanation.
>>
>>6544324
>>6544688
No it's not a good explanation because asexuals still have the same clusters of nerves down there and can still be physically stimulated to the point of orgasm. People claiming that's somehow not true for them while having ordinary unmutilated genitals with 'full feeling' are demonstratably lying.
>>
>>6544051
>i am sexually attracted to men but asexual

asexual is not being sexually attracted to either gender

this is the most desperate attention seeking going
>>
>>6542521
NO YOU FUCKING RETARD

ASEXUALS CANNOT BE GAY

ASEXUALS ARE NOT ATTRACTED TO EITHER GENDER

FUCK OFF
>>
>>6544851
"I want to be in a relationship with a person that is my same gender but not fuck them" = not gay

"I want to be in a relationship with a person that is my same gender but not fuck them because I believe I should wait before marriage" = gay

lol wut
>>
File: asexual spectrum.png (82 KB, 900x1147) Image search: [Google]
asexual spectrum.png
82 KB, 900x1147
>>
>>6544844
>>6544851
They said romantically attracted to men, not sexually attracted. They want to be emotionally intimate with and presumably have an exclusive relationship with a man, they just don't want to have sex with them.

>>6544884
"Waiting for marriage" doesn't even remotely make you asexual. That's like saying not being able to afford lunch means you're not hungry. Asexuals aren't prudes or afraid of sex, they just innately have no desire to have sex with people.
>>
>>6544960
> That's like saying not being able to afford lunch means you're not hungry. Asexuals aren't prudes or afraid of sex, they just innately have no desire to have sex with people.

That's what I'm trying to say, ya dingus. I'm the person that always makes the new acegen threads. I'm on your side. People are okay with others being celibate because they'll have sex eventually. But when you replace "eventually with "never" all you get is "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE"
>>
>>6544870

You can be. I had an emotionally painful childhood. By the moment I was about to start puberty, I was put on antidepressants (SSRI) for two years. I noticed that I didn't have a sex-drive like my friends, but I always blamed it on the drugs. After they took me off paroxetine, my libido didn't appear. I barely fap btw.
I am not introverted and I am a quite attractive guy. Many girls and guys have come forward telling me they liked me.
I blame my asexuality on paroxetine, and wait for the day when the link between the drug and asexuality is found, to sue the ass of my doctor and the pharmaceutical company.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.