[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright gay bros I had a recent risky exposure so I went to take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (286 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286 KB, 750x1334
Alright gay bros I had a recent risky exposure so I went to take an rna test. My question to those knowledgeable in this shitty disease (don't mean to offend anyone I just know its prevalence in your community and yea /b/ just laughed at me) how conclusive is this at 40 days. I called the cdc and they said it was 99% conclusive even at 40 days but a friend of mine said rubbish that the disease could be undetectable since in hiding in cd4 cells. Anything is appreciated bros.
>>
The reason I'm being mindfucked is due to the prevalence of the symptoms my lymph nodes have been swollen, constant night sweats, loss of appetite and loss of weight. I don't know man. My doctor and my dad say it's just anxiety but there's no way anxiety would manifest itself in such a way, Atleast to my knowledge.
>>
>>6521460
>not to my knowledge
thats why you go see a doctor, who has told you not to worry since you seem to be killing yourself because of it.
>>
>>6521486
I know man but I can help it.I'm sorry your community was so affected by this shit. It gave me a new perspective on life though and respect for a group of people I was always a dick to.
>>
>>6521429
With an rna test the window period is only about 5-10 days so you should be good.
I think your friend is thinking of the antibody test which takes about 3-6 months to hit the 97%+ accuracy ranges
>>
>>6521589
Would it become undetectable after 40 days though?
>>
>>6521618
It would be extremely unlikely

There is a test that does that though, the antigen test. But it looks like on your paper you did get the RNA test so I wouldn't worry, it's only time limit is the initial window period, which at 40 days, you're well beyond.
>>
>>6521711
Thanks mate :)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.