[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nobody has been able to explain non-binarism / gender fluidity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Pidge_finds_Allura_s_top_.jpg (25 KB, 513x399) Image search: [Google]
Pidge_finds_Allura_s_top_.jpg
25 KB, 513x399
nobody has been able to explain non-binarism / gender fluidity / "other" genders to me without their explanation being, at it's core, "I don't relate to the female(and/or) male stereotype."

And since 90% of NB people are female, isn't third-gender shit just thinly veiled misogyny?
>>
File: 1465163374107.jpg (124 KB, 620x981) Image search: [Google]
1465163374107.jpg
124 KB, 620x981
>>6504816
it's done by people who have somehow convinced themselves that not aligning to gender roles = not being your assigned gender, while at the same time touting that themselves being genderfluid is the destruction of gender roles -- even though their thought process is that your gender roles/norms define your gender.

It's best to ignore them.
>>
>>6504874
I really try to, but it finds ways to leak into my life, and it infuriates me. I try to live and let live, but I feel like this sort of thing actually harms any real progression for gay or trans people.

Especially because it's pretty common for NB girls to be straight and white, like it's just trendy to be a part of the LGBT community and they want to add a label to their tumblr profile for brownie points.
>>
>>6504816
>isn't third-gender shit just thinly veiled misogyny

No, and to suggest so is racist.

Most of the world accepts at least 3 genders.
>>
It's pretty fucking simple actually. A trans man is someone born appearing female, but their brain masculinizes for some indeterminate reason. Similarly, a non-binary AFAB person is someone born appearing female, but their brain *incompletely* masculinizes for some indeterminate reason. Done.
>>
>>6505059
[citation needed]
>>6505173
so, a butch lesbian? [citation needed]
>>
>>6505059
typical tumblr
>"hey, I have questions about what you're preaching."
>RACIST/BIGOTED!! SHUT UP!!

you're no better than bigoted Christians.
>>
>>6505059
>Most of the world accepts at least 3 genders.
Can confirm as a eunuch (I don't identify as anything.) And it's always the immigrants or tourists who pick up on that, and they tend to have a word for it, certain expectations, etc. I've met a few Indian guys who were very nice to me. It just kinda registers as something, I don't want to say normal, but within the realm of understanding. Even an Iraqi Muslim woman I know, was just completely unfazed by me.

The only awkwardness I've ever experienced over my body, is among my own people. It's not the oppression olympics or anything; I don't care if people make jokes or assume I spent too much time in the college humanities department. But they really, really want to stuff you into one of two boxes. I've had people stare, and fidget and become frustrated to the point where they'll come up to me in a public place, say a mall, and insist on asking whether I'm male or female. It's just silly to me. That's happened many times.
>>
I identify as androgynous, and feel some where in between male and female, though most of the time I feel male. I dress, act, and present as a male. I just don't have any interest on getting on hormones because I don't want anymore body hair, and do not want facial hair. Honestly, I'd be content with top surgery. In some ways I carry female characteristics ( I don't like body hair, facial hair, etc) yet feel uncomfortable and hate my breasts. I think my brain has both male and female characteristics instead of just one set, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>6504816
>non-binarism
To clarify, there are three types of these people:
1 -non dysphoric gender nonconforming people
2 -gender nonconforming trans people
3 -binary trans people who are confused/ in denial

1. I think mainly, the people who follow this sort of philosophy believe that their personalities fall outside the descriptions of "male" or "female" to their self perception, they don't want to meet the "requirements" for either gender. They don't like gendered communication, they don't feel as if they fit in with either gender. It's more of a social thing. Some of these people experience "social dysphoria" when people treat them like their birth gender. Sometimes, they don't understand the difference between innate gender and gender roles... they don't get that being transgender is a brain body mapping issue, and that dysphoria dictates gender identity, which is different than gender roles, gender expression, and vibes. They don't see it as "I am a male but I feel ok expressing myself however I would like" because society wouldn't understand gender nonconformity unless it had a label/ excuse.

Personally, I think these people might not be another gender, I think they are post-gender, which is a transhumanist philosophy.
Postgenderism is like feminism, if feminism were for equality of all genders... Instead of the goal of feminism being equality for women, postgenderism is equality for everyone/ the end of strict gender categories and expressions that follow.
But also this
>>6504874

>gender fluidity
It might be a mental disorder http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22364652
>>
>>6505327
>I think my brain has both male and female characteristics instead of just one set

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28582-scans-prove-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-male-or-female-brain/
>>
>>6505400
>They don't like gendered communication
This is a really big one for me. I had a guy tell me that it was pathetic for a man to be precocious. He meant in the colloquial flirty smartass woman kind of way. Like, for real?
>>
>>6505261
You should get on hormones unless you would like to die 20-30 years sooner than the rest of us.
>>
>>6505434
Don't you mean 20 years longer?
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19699266
>>
>>6505208
It's not my fault whitey always tries to deny reality.
>>
>>6505431
Yeah, but why does any man or woman have to live up to stereotypical gendered expectations in order to be a "real man" or a "real woman"??!
Does it make you any less of a man/woman to express yourself in any way that you want? I suppose in this society, it does. But this is seriously screwed up.
>>
ok, so, most direct answer i can give is this

i was born female. sometimes i feel like i literally have a dick. sometimes imagining that is the only way to be confident. and get me off.

if i can offer any further explanation, please let me know.
>>
>>6505452
>I suppose in this society, it does. But this is seriously screwed up.
That's the rub. You have to deal with the cards you're dealt. Forget being a real man or a real woman, I'm a real human. When somebody asks me what's going on between my legs, that's what I tell them. Some people, especially my Christian friends, will affectionately call me a cherub or an angel. Which is too cute.
>>
i dont feel male or female
im not comfortable being called either he or she
i hate my masculine features
i want to be androgynous

its not complicated
>>
File: FF9 quina3b.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FF9 quina3b.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
>>6505400
>("IT'S ALL ABOUT ROLES" meme)

Did you ever consider that maybe some people feel dysphoric towards their secondary sex characteristics without wanting to take on the opposite ones?

When I look in the mirror and see abdominal/chest hair, it feels completely wrong. But it would feel just the same if I saw breasts there. I don't wear makeup to appear feminine, mostly just to conceal my beard shadow until I can get electrolysis. Spiro has put me in a good headspace. On the other hand, when I started estrogen, it put me in another alien one. I have no dysphoria about my voice, which makes sense considering I get equal sirs and ma'ams over the phone.

In hindsight, when I was a small child, before I could even really grasp any idea of gender roles, I was drawn to implicitly neutral characters like the Brave Little Toaster and Quina Quen.

Sure, I do feel more comfortable when people refer to me as "they", and when they drop the "sir/ma'am", and when I can avoid being in single-gender spaces. But to think that you can whittle my entire being down to socially-induced snowflake-ism, is dead wrong.

Or, if you want a tl;dr, refer to >>6505532
>>
>>6505562
>Spiro has put me in a good headspace. On the other hand, when I started estrogen, it put me in another alien one.
I had the same exact experience! Trannies are always telling me to get on estrogen or I'll turn into a boneless ooze monster from Dungeons and Dragons. But this is the only thing that feels like home. Ten years off either sex hormone, and I'm healthy, and my body fits like a damned glove. No regrets. No dysphoria. And my doctor isn't worried about a thing.
>>
>>6505562

what if not secondary but primary?

like i said above--born female, sometimes feel like i have a dick. also "interpret" yself as male in the mirror sometimes. sometimes feel like a male in general, which includes all male physical characteristics. wouldn't get surgery because i'm also comfortable with my female physical characteristics.
>>
Third genders exist. It's quite simple. Unless you want to argue with most psychologists and psychiatrists, that is.
>>
would NB/etc people be interested in starting another general here, or maybe just making a skpe group?

theres not really a place we fit in outside of femgen, but thats not inclusive of afab people
>>
>>6505596

Unless you want to argue with most psychologists and psychiatrists

oh, i would.

actually, i would just walk away. 10+ uears of being told i needed meds or i needed rehab but i got my shit together by myself.

point being... ask yourself how you feel when it comes to who you are.
>>
>>6505602
>would NB/etc people be interested in starting another general here
I doubt there's enough of us for that.
>>
>>6505605
In the words of a shell-shocked stoner vet who came through my grocery register line...

My, uh, my, uh, life philosophy is, uh, "Just DOOO whut makes ya FEEEEL GOOOOODDDD"

>>6505631
There's only one way to find out.
>>
>>6505631
we could just make a skype group then
theres gotta be... dozens of us! maybe...
>>
>>6505645

you really think you need to rely on a shrink's word to figure out who you are?

that's unfortunate, man.
>>
>>6505656
I was agreeing with you?
>>
>>6505651
Sure. Let's do it!
>>
>>6505666
ok should i uhh make a thread to try and find people?
>>
>>6505663

ah, i thought you were mocking my response. cool shit.
>>
>>6505672
You better believe in NB threads; you're in one. Just do it here. Post your name, brave anon. I'll add you.
>>
>>6505696
oh i can actually just post the link

https://join.skype.com/RiJFFbj3szxT

calling all special snowflakes, please join
>>
Prob has something to do with intersexed brains desu.
>>
>>6505470
so you're trans? Closeted tranny here moonlighting as a lesbian because I know most of the world will never see me as a real man. I don't want to be a trans man, because it wouldn't feel real to me, but I'd rather be seen as a masculine woman my whole life than get buttblasted that 99% of humanity doesn't know to call me theythem
>>
>>6505493
>affectionately call me a cherub or an angel. Which is too cute.

get out of here with that hugbox bullshit.

>>6505532
you're confining "feeling" male or female to societal norms though
>>6505562
sounds like a special snowflake to me
>>
File: heh.jpg (325 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
325 KB, 1080x1440
>>6505596
>Third genders exist!
>Don't talk with educated professionals, who know you're full of shit!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.