[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: i-am-bipolar.jpg (1 MB, 1896x1422) Image search: [Google]
i-am-bipolar.jpg
1 MB, 1896x1422
33 year old Queer Guy here.
How many people on /lgbt/ have a mental illness such as severe depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, ADHD, etc. that is so severe that it guarantees that no relationship will ever last?
I've been diagnosed bipolar since 2007 and it just fucking sucks.
>2007 - Diagnosed bipolar, try to kill myself at the end of the year
>2008 - Develop huge drinking habit and Benzo habit
>2009 - End marriage with person I had been with for over 6 years
>2010 - Drink even more to battle the pain of loneliness and begin to get into one short term relationship after another
>2011 - Leave my job of 8 years and decide to form a metal band. Join the BDSM scene and finally come out as queer. File bankruptcy to get off house I bought right before recession.
>2012 - Obsessed with sex, have a double life as a computer repair tech by day and BDSM sex parties 4-5 nights a week.
>2013 - nervous breakdown in middle of summer. Ended a year long relationship and left the BDSM scene
>End of 2013 - get all religious and join a young people church
>2014 - more nervous breakdowns, more bullshit. Decide to go back to school. Go to AA and NA meetings to stop my addiction issues. Been clean since May 2014.
>2015 - began dating a really cool person and things were doing ok. School is awesome too. Leave the church because I found out they secretly hate gay ppl. Never told them I was queer.
>2016 - Hard year, depression, start yelling at my partner and friends for no reason. We break it off two weeks ago.
>>
^continued.

I am doing really well with life right now. Full ride to university for a 7 year undergrad to doctorate program. I'm getting paid to go to school.

My problem is people. No one can stand the roller coaster rides of dating me or being a close friend for more than a year or so.

Everyone loves when I'm super energetic and semi-manic, love my high sex drive and 8 inch cock, love my creativity, love that I'm this passionate person. Love that I am caring and really try to help people. I don't have kids, but I am currently doing a free internship helping disabled kids.

But when I'm on a down and am moody and irritable, no one wants anything to do with me. I try to tell people that I'm having a bad time and to just give me space, but my partners never do. They push my buttons till I start yelling and saying horrible things. Then we break it off because the things I usually say when my bipolar is at its worst are really fucking awful.

Then everyone who knows my partner hears about the horrid things I said while I was having a bipolar episode, but no one gives a fuck that the bipolar was driving it - I'm just some monster.

>>
>>6497753
>How many people on /lgbt/ have a mental illness

I'm trans
>>
File: Putin Grinning And Laughing.jpg (19 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Putin Grinning And Laughing.jpg
19 KB, 400x320
>>6497790
>>
>>6497753
I'm bi-scum with ADHD, it used to really suck, because I couldn't do all of the things I enjoy, beause I really enjoy philosophy and math, but it was hard for me to stay focused and I would forget things. Now I'm doing good though, because I got prescribed 30mg of Adderall a day. It was also really hard on my dating life, because I was really immature and impulsive, and ended up hurting people I cared about.
>>
>>6498174
I hear ya. I've been on different meds the past decade, but the combo of Seroquel XR and Wellbutrin SR seem to be working wonderfully. I gained some weight cause of the Seroquel, but have been losing it over the past few months which is great (was up to 220, now at 210 with goal of 180, I'm 6ft 1).

The thing that really hurts is that people will specifically say "You're not even trying" which is such a huge trigger for me. I am taking my meds every day and seeing my doctor and psych 4-5 times a year. I see a therapist 2-3 times a month. I got to AA and NA meetings several times a week and do the step work. I exercise and meditate. I volunteer and help people. I don't know how much fucking more I can do and I'm really at the point where I want to take a year off of dating and sex and then only look for hookups after that. I hate dating now, I've done it so much and the end is always the same. I hurt people emotionally and hate myself for it.
>>
>>6497802
>Histrionic autistic
What does it do to your life personally and are there ways you can treat it?
>>
>>6497753
borderline here. all of my relationships crash and burn.

but this new one im in! he's borderline too! so im sure we'll understand each other and compliment each other's insanity
>>
>>6498115
>Wanting to cut your penis off
>Mentally stable
>>
>How many people on /lgbt/ have a mental illness?

Borderline Personality here. Every relationship has been brief and intense.
>>
>>6497753
Severe PTSD when triggered reporting in.
>>
Borderline
fucking nuts pretty much
>>
>le homosezuality is a mental illness may may
No just autism and I might suffer from paranoid personality disorder.
>>
Mostly just depression, which got more serious towards my late 20's.
None of my relationships lasted more than three years or so, but there were a lot of reasons for that.
One of them was bipolar actually, so that didn't help that one last.
Another was an mtf in denial from a very religious home, he had been molested by an uncle at 13, sent to some religious brainwashing camp (for "tempting" the uncle apparently), and generally had a lot of issues.
I have my own problems, but I seem to be a magnet for people with worse ones.
>>
>>6498358
hurts to read this, my bf and i are ADHD and it feels like sometimes he doesn't care about me at all. but i know he's just distracted and doing a million other things besides talk to me during the day.

i'm pretty clingy and always want his attention though :^)
>>
>>6497753
Aspergers, dyspraxia, depression, probably sociopathy as well if I could trust a medical professional enough to get an actual diagnosis.
And a nasty concussion a few months back, which is practically a disorder in and of itself.

Anyone exposed to the cycles of the depression combined with the way my brain works doesn't stick around for long.
Either they encounter me while I'm down and depressed and get a nasty surprise when it lifts and I'm back to myself again, or they encounter me when I'm up and motivated, and can't handle it when the depression comes back.

Last relationship fell apart because I just could not deal with someone else's unreliability.
Lost a long-term friend due to the general insanity, too. Knew them for a couple of years, and they just couldn't handle my expecting people to follow through on things promised, or even to get out of bed before midday.
>>
Shut up faggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.