[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know anybody who committed suicide before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
File: suicide-hanging-knot.jpg (9 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
suicide-hanging-knot.jpg
9 KB, 700x394
Or have you thought about it yourself?
>>
How does one overcome the fear of pain during the dying process?
>>
>>6495379
Acting more on emotion than thought.
>>
>>6495376
Also check out my other thread about gender >>6495125
>>
I tied the noose a few times as a teenager, but that's as far as I got before I chickened out.

Also, don't kill yourself.
>>
>>6495379
Pick something that's not painful.
>>
I've long thought of suicide and still do. What stops me?

Death will come. May as well stick around and see what happens. As for the pain? It's only pain.

I've twisted my mind into liking pain, accepting it, embracing it. Let's see how long I last.
>>
>>6495376
Never met anyone. I fantasize about it from time to time but ultimately always reach the conclusion that suicide is really stupid. You haven't been alive for basically an eternity and when it all ends you'll be dead for an eternity. You only get to exist briefly, after which you return to nothing. It is silly to not take this chance, no matter how much you dislike some aspects of existence. You won't get a shot at enjoying the good aspects if you off yourself. Make the best of it. You can be dead later.
>>
>>6495436
>You can be dead later.
But I want to be dead now. Life is shit, and there really is nothing about it that makes up for the bad parts.
The only things stopping me from suicide are the possibility of an afterlife(which is almost guaranteed to be worse than this life is) and the fact that there's no easy way to kill yourself without either suffering greatly and/or bleeding everywhere. I'd rather avoid a lengthy and unpleasant dying process, and I don't want to make anyone clean up my blood either because that's just fucking rude.
I'm considering some way to get myself martyred. All the perks of suicide, except society remembers you as a hero instead of an hero, you actually get to be useful after you die, and you don't have to choose your dying method. Wish I was black so I could find some racist dirty cop to shoot me for wearing a suspicious hoodie or some shit.
>>
>>6495484
>But I want to be dead now. Life is shit, and there really is nothing about it that makes up for the bad parts.
Look, if you're posting on 4chan then you're probably well off enough to have some way to improve your life. You are not some third world kid mining rare earth minerals for African warlords for 14 hours a day. There are things that you want and ways to get at least some of those things.

I can't tell you what you can or cannot get but I CAN tell you that it is incredibly silly to give up before your time's up because if you die you are guaranteed not to get any of said things. Suicide's the concede button.

>The only things stopping me from suicide are the possibility of an afterlife(which is almost guaranteed to be worse than this life is) and the fact that there's no easy way to kill yourself without either suffering greatly and/or bleeding everywhere. I'd rather avoid a lengthy and unpleasant dying process, and I don't want to make anyone clean up my blood either because that's just fucking rude.
There's also the whole "spend 18+ years raising a kid; kid pops himself. Nice."

>I'm considering some way to get myself martyred. All the perks of suicide, except society remembers you as a hero instead of an hero, you actually get to be useful after you die, and you don't have to choose your dying method. Wish I was black so I could find some racist dirty cop to shoot me for wearing a suspicious hoodie or some shit.
Only the absolute lowest, such as jihadists, see such martyrdom as desirable.
>>
>>6495376
most of the people I went to high school with who I've met again since leaving have tried to kill themselves, cheers Tories

have tried to drown myself, 3 nights in a row, but I have a muscular disability and couldn't swim down hard enough to stay below the surface

also tied a noose a few months ago but couldn't find anywhere to tie it from during that particular episode
>>
>>6495559
Wild E. Coyote is that you? Don't do it you may still one day catch that bird.
>>
Please stop and think about what you are doing.

One night my son came home late. He had just broken up with his girlfriend and had taken some drugs (we never found out what he took). We heard him walking around and then everything was quiet.

I got up to make sure everything was OK and I found him hanging from a railing. He wasn't moving. I grabbed a knife and cut him down and called the EMT's.

Fir the next three weeks he was in a coma and I spent countless hours with him in the emergency room wishing I could change places with him to give him another chance.

After those three weeks he came out of the coma. Years later he has a nice job, a girlfriend and a beautiful daughter.

Things change. Don't end your life before they do,
>>
File: yaTbYyl[1].png (42 KB, 512x774) Image search: [Google]
yaTbYyl[1].png
42 KB, 512x774
Just leaving this here, maybe it can help someone
>>
>>6495585
>best ratio of lethality/agony is a headshot
>no gun license
guess i can still blow myself up and pretend it's a terrorist attack
>>
>>6495585
There are two purposes to suicide. Understand what they are.

One is the gesture/statement, but you won't be around to know the results and that's not IMO worth discussing.

The other is to die sooner than you otherwise might and with less suffering. If you want minimum suffering you need to rapidly shut down your central nervous system.

If you want "100 percent lethality" then get the details right. For example, "jump from height" works a treat if you choose a tall building and land face first on concrete. Cyanide may work but it isn't conveniently availalbe. Train would be an instant kill if place neck on rail. Standing in front of one can get you tossed aside or down between rails where the train will pass above you.

Exit bags work well. Hanging with a proper noose and a proper drop from a solid anchor will do the job mercifully. Residential rooms rarely have enough room for a proper drop unless you use a ladder and have something lie a vaulted ceiling to provide room. A tree or fire escape solves the problem, fire escape being ideal. A six-foot drop ensures a snapped neck and oblivion.

Humanity has no purpose and everybody dies, but if you are courteous don't off yourself where loved ones may find you. That's traumatic, cruel, and rude.

Jumping from a height can look like an accident.Be creative. Everyone eventually deals with loss so you shouldn't live a life of misery to spare someone else short term grief. Grownups adapt. Entropy gets us all and a quick end beats rotting in a nursing home.

Live if you want, die how you want. Mucking it up helps no one.
>>
>>6495666
>Spend 2 minutes slowly dying
>1% to spend the rest of your life as a vegetable in constant agony, kept alive by the miracle of modern medicine
>All because you were too much of a pussy to try and improve your life
>>
>>6495703
>2 minutes slowly dying
>after getting blown to pieces
>>
>>6495706
That's what your chart says m8.
>>
>>6495585
What is the time all relative to?
Are you telling me blowing your brains out the back of the head leaves you dying for over a minute? 17 minutes after a train smacked you into death?

Bollocks does it.
>>
>>6495585
>>6495701
I think it is really, really irresponsible to encourage suicide when statistically the vast majority of people who contemplate suicide or attempt it later come to regret it and live decent lives.
>>
>>6495559
>What? Your means of suicide are retarded. I tried throwing myself off a very tall bridge. I did it at like 3 am so no one was there to stop me.

You are still here, so you didn't "try" unless you hit water and swam to shore.

Tall buildings work better, and concrete works better than water. People like bridges as stereotypical romantic gestures. None of us will be remembered forever. If you want to do it, get it done. Even if some of your life is pleasant most end slowly and miserably. We are evolved to live, that doesn't make it useful for US, just the SPECIES.
>>
>>6495713
They still die in the end. Humanity having no purpose beyond itself, examine why you consider suicide somehow worse than other death?

There is no "death free" option.

Visit hospices and nursing homes. Contemplate what the long slow dying processes is like. (It's a great motivator to quit smoking so your trip won't be wasted!)
>>
>>6495727
Nothing is "useful" in the sense you use the word. There is no grand purpose. All there is to life is to make the most of it and hopefully leave the world a better place than it was when you entered it. Offing yourself instead of trying to make your life better is a nonsensical solution.
>>
>>6495712
The chart clearly includes people who don't get it right, and isn't likely to be precise. Processes have error rates and most people won't have calmly premeditated their demise. (If it's spur of the moment then they should IMO try sober reflection first.)

Physician-assisted suicide is ethical for the dying, but we have no equivalent for the mentally/emotionally doomed. It is standard to pretend that's not a valid use of euthanasia.

We are evolved to survive, like ants, so we can breed before we die. That's all, no need to read more into it, but survival instinct can add error to suicidal acts.

If you WANT to live, then get off your arse and live.
>>
>>6495735
Yes, exactly! You still die in the end and there is no purpose so seeking death prematurely is a really strange thing to do. You don't get a lot of time to exist and you won't exist in the future anyhow. Treasuring your existence and trying to make it work seems only sensible.

I'm actually extremely pro-euthanasia for people suffering from uncurable terminal illnesses. The vast, overwhelming majority of people can overcome their issues. The fact is that even among the suicidal the majority of people go on to lead normative, relatively happy lives and regret their past suicidal nature.
>>
>>6495752
>If you WANT to live, then get off your arse and live.
Again, most people who at some point want to die later come to realize that they want to live so long as they survive the process.
>>
>>6495585
I love the agony rating, like when the person who has just shot themselves in the head and has their 1.7 mins left does someone just come along with a survey like "hey could ya just fill this out for me, we are doing some research itll only take a moment"
>>
>>6495740
>hopefully leave the world a better place than it was when you entered it

You i,ply the purpose of live is to improve the world. Provide evidence, for the burden of proof, "onus probandi", is on the person making the assertion. You of course can choose that as your emotional PREFERENCE but absent physical evidence for your contention it isn't supportable. The term "better" is itself subjective. Most lives don't improve anything, so the odds are "not extending one as long as practical" won't matter.

Should "Unhappy person X" live forty or fifty years longer as a gesture to AFFIRM YOUR PREFERENCES?
That's like telling them they have some duty to heterosexuality so they can breed for the race.

Offing yourself ends suffering for there is no brain to experience the suffering. The matter and energy which manifested briefly as a human returns to what it was before manifesting as a human. (If I keel over in my chicken yard, some of me will become chicken then chicken shit then feed that which eats chicken shit. Nature wastes nothing. Waste is a human construct.)

Evolution accounts for high early mortality rates. It accounts for those which do not breed. How therefore is the utter triviality of extending one life a few more years "important"?
>>
>>6495795
That is hilarious and should be used as an example of bullshit in statistics classes.
>>
>>6495806
>You i,ply the purpose of live is to improve the world. Provide evidence, for the burden of proof, "onus probandi", is on the person making the assertion. You of course can choose that as your emotional PREFERENCE but absent physical evidence for your contention it isn't supportable. The term "better" is itself subjective. Most lives don't improve anything, so the odds are "not extending one as long as practical" won't matter.
AUTISM
There's no purpose m8.

>Should "Unhappy person X" live forty or fifty years longer as a gesture to AFFIRM YOUR PREFERENCES?
Nah they should live because that's probably in their best interest since most people eventually stop being depressed and existing is a very scarce resource you probably shouldn't be giving up.

>Offing yourself ends suffering for there is no brain to experience the suffering. The matter and energy which manifested briefly as a human returns to what it was before manifesting as a human. (If I keel over in my chicken yard, some of me will become chicken then chicken shit then feed that which eats chicken shit. Nature wastes nothing. Waste is a human construct.)
Sure, but you can ~probably~ get your life in order instead and lead a pretty nice life.

>Evolution accounts for high early mortality rates. It accounts for those which do not breed. How therefore is the utter triviality of extending one life a few more years "important"?
People generally like living. Those who don't like living at some point generally go back to liking living later. Nothing's "important". It is just usually the wrong move in the hedonistic game that is life. You're out to maximize your pleasure for the same reason that you keep bringing up: evolution.
>>
>>6495376
My dad tried it when I told him I was gay 7 years ago. It was heartbreaking to see him try to do that because of me
>>
File: image.jpg (489 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489 KB, 1920x1080
>>6495502
Brexit.
>>
I've sort of thought of it but never had any intention to act on it. Most I got was a strong urge to put the barrel of my gun in my mouth to see what it's like, but I didn't do it 'cause that would be dumb.
>>
File: lac5b.jpg (12 KB, 279x220) Image search: [Google]
lac5b.jpg
12 KB, 279x220
Several years ago, someone in my town killed himself. I didn't really know the guy, but I'd grown accustomed to seeing him working at the store, so it was sad to know that he wasn't going to be coming back.

That's my only experience with it.

>>6495420
Dammit, cut myself on this edge.
>>
My friend shot himself in the face a couple months ago. He had just graduated with his masters
>>
>>6495585
sauce?
>>
>>6495376
My friend might of, or it was accidental, can't be too sure but he was suicidal in the past. Overdosed on opiates.

I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Mainly just because it would be more logical to suicide than live. I'm in debt, trans, ugly, scoliosis, migraines, barely any money/ can't sleep at night. No confidence, anxiety problems that develop into agoraphobia way too easily. Awful at math.

Barely any friends, and I get crazy social anxiety towards people I can't figure out and end up abandoning them or scaring them away. Not even autistic, i'm just quirky to the point where it's almost ironic, I don't have anything in common with most people because that's how I like it, but people don't like that, they want to be the same. My brain is like scrambled eggs and I can't remember people's faces very well, so if I meet somebody the chances are I won't recognize them the next time I see them if they look like other people. Hormones won't change any of these things but i'm depressed enough to succumb because maybe fixing gender dysphoria will unfuck my life at least a little bit? My parents aren't good with this tho, they've said shitty things about trans people before and view them as less than human. I live with them still because i've been too depressed to work a normal job after dropping out of college /degenerate/-- but i've been slowly saving crumbs but if they find out i'm going to an appointment for hormones this week I am so screwed.
Thinking about just hanging myself before the appointment to get this shit over with. Like, I don't really want to live, i've wanted to be dead since age 11-12. It makes sense for me to die, I don't have any redeeming qualities beside being a weirdo.
>>
>>6495394
I thought that this was satirical lol trannies, but now I think its genuine from OP
>>
>>6497579
iktf hardcore
>>
>>6497579
You can still turn things around. Don't give up yet.
>>
>>6497579
I know the feeling all too well, I'm ugly, have anxiety, ocd, depression and no confidence to speak of whatsoever. It affects my life to the point that I am unproductive, am afraid to even leave the house many a time and have nightmares almost every night.
>>
File: exit.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
exit.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
Been planning my exit strategy for some time, they say planfulness helps but I hope when the time comes I don't fuck it up.
>>
Attempted once, Thought about multiple times, Talked 2 friends out of it and lost a "friend" i met at a mental hospital to it.

Mental illness runs in my family. my brother has almost done is along with multiple family members. I still struggle with it every day. Its a background thought at this point which i question if its more or less healthy. Either way i hold on by knowing i dont want to really kill myself but that i just want to be different, in a better situation. Some things i can change. some are a lot harder. I hold on to the hope of repairing the relationship with my family and being a big part in my nieces life.

I recommend for anyone just to figure out what needs to change for you to keep hope and try it. might as well.
>>
Nazi way. Cyanide capsule + 9mm.
>>
>>6495376
My best friend killed himself two years and twenty-one days ago, questions?
>>
>>6499986
Does your anus smell after jogging?
>>
I overdosed on barbiturates, and had to spend 14 days in the hospital and ward. Then, after being diagnosed with psychotic depression (had severe delusions) and trying out 7 different medications, I found the right one and I haven't had a problem since. I had to switch from Fioricet to Topamax, which was a disappointment. I currently use Wellbutrin XR and got off antipsychotic medications a few months ago.
>>
>>6499986
Did you see it coming?
>>
>>6499986
Was he /lgbt/?
>>
>>6495376
Never known anyone to kill themselves yet. Actually the more I think about it, the more it seems that's why no one I know seems to be especially empathetic towards people who kill themselves.

I think about doing it myself about every day or every other day. What stops me is the lack of a painless method within my immediate grasp, the pain of committing suicide, the fear of failing my suicide attempt and leaving myself brain-damaged or something, letting down my family, and the idea that things could potentially get better for me. I'm a NEET faggot who's trying to get disability so I can go back to school eventually but I feel like such a huge failure already when I'm in my early 20's and have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>6499986
If its not too sensitive, what method did he use?
>>
>>6495376
I've known two of them.

One of them was a closet case that experimented with me, then told all of his straight friends. They proceeded to stalk us, steal from us and attack us. They did it to me for the next 13 years, they did to him for the next 6, until he intentionally overdosed on pain pills.

The other was a straight Neo-Nazi that I told I was going to kill. He overdosed on pain pills the next day.
>>
>>6500872
why would he tell his friends and what made them stop on the 13th year?
>>
>>6501024
Because he thought he was straight, and even people who merely think they're straight are just as retarded as straight people. That's my best guess. Him and another guy took my dick in their mouths and asses, and from the stories I got from the straight people they told, it was the other way around. Maybe they were scared that I was going to go around telling random straight people I dicked them, idk.

And 13 years is a long time. Lots of gas money spent driving to my house, then peeling out their tires in front of it trying to look tough. 13 years of buying rope from Walmart and tying it into nooses. 13 years of giving meth to their friends so that they'd attack me. 13 years of their friends getting the shit beat out of them. 13 years of calling me and breathing heavy, only for me to not give a shit. Even idiots like that will start to feel stupid after 13 years of their failure.

There were a couple of die-hards though. Die-hards too scared and too sick of spending money to do it, who put out a personal army request to 4chan to dank on me. So while the original tards have mostly stopped, the next generation of young tards do keep trying.
>>
>>6495376
I've never understood the want to end your own life.
To me, every little bit of energy expended is a reaffirmation of life. Of choosing existence over non-existence.
The permanence of death, of not existing, terrifies me more than literally any worldly suffering could ever.
I say this as someone who has suffered from health complications and social isolation for too many years.
I'd sooner let death slowly grind away at me until I'm next to nothing, than volunteer my entire existence to abate what could potentially change. There is no potential in death.
>>
>>6495497
>you can't be sad because of the kids in africa
>>
When you die you go black and then you don't go back, at least not always anyway. Here's the sauce:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2wzg62/iama_man_that_was_dead_twice_about_2_minutes_at_a/
>>
File: Praise death.png (2 KB, 522x43) Image search: [Google]
Praise death.png
2 KB, 522x43
>>6501121
This is where necromancers and liches come from
>>
File: deep_thought.jpg (714 KB, 2774x1993) Image search: [Google]
deep_thought.jpg
714 KB, 2774x1993
I have a weird recurring fantasy of a suicide pact with someone I barely know from the internet and dying in their arms

I feel like it's romantic in a sense to die and go into whatever lies beyond with someone

But I wouldn't feel right killing myself with anyone I know well, so I keep returning to this this suicide pact with an internet stranger fantasy

my life is actually going well right now, better than it has been in 5+ years, but I keep returning to these thoughts and I don't know why
>>
>>6500276
No, not at all. There were a few warning signs, but hindsight is 20/20

>>6500425
He was not.

>>6500842
He drank two bottles of nyquil and tied a plastic bag around his head before lying down in bed.
>>
>>6495376
iv'e known people to commit suicide, but no one i was close to. i remember a park i lived next to removed a tree because a kid from my high school hung himself on it.

have i thought about it myself? yes, a lot, though i don't think i'll ever follow through with it, i just find comfort in my own non-existence
>>
>>6495420
i bet you also main reaper in overwatch
>>
>>6495376
Didn't know the personally but two people in my class committed suicide (french med school is hars like that, glad I dropped it for something else).
I've thought about it a lot and came to the conclusion that I am don't have any reasons to kill myself while I'm in my prime. I do however plan to kill myself as I get old before I become senile.
>>
Im thinking of it right now. Life is shit, people, that's the sad fucking truth. I have nothing to live for.
>>
>>6495376
>have you thought about it yourself?
Everyday for as far back as I remember. I've learned to live with it. Suicidal thoughts are more of an anoyance than anything else now. Not worried about them anymore.
>>
>>6497302
>>6505426
I know, I know how ridiculously stupid I sound. But that's how I am, as I work to graduate college, get a job, prosper, etc.
>>
>>6506851
Edgar detected
>>
>>6506879
nope, I'm lurking ITT but I didn't write that post
I wrote this one >>6495502
actually been debating whether to throw myself in front of a lorry all morning but a friend wants to meet up and he has drugs so I'll prolly just go that route
>>
>>6495583
topkeke
>>
>>6495376
one my friend hanged himself few months ago.
He was bisexual, I'm pretty sure it's related somewhat, but who knows ?
>>
My mom had/has really bad depression and used to hurt herself a lot when I was 12/13, I remember having to take knives away from her once or twice and that she tried to get drunk and OD on klonopin and we had to call the paramedics.

I actually got put in a looney bin last year for nearly killing myself, it was a terrible experience and I have no faith in the mental health system but I'm doing a lot better now.
>>
>>6506963
>actually been debating whether to throw myself in front of a lorry all morning but a friend wants to meet up and he has drugs so I'll prolly just go that route

just go jump in front of the lorry
>>
File: 1444332795781.jpg (539 KB, 2108x2141) Image search: [Google]
1444332795781.jpg
539 KB, 2108x2141
>>6506963
>>
File: robin.png (439 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
robin.png
439 KB, 540x960
muh dyspraxia
>>
File: 1439153815812.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439153815812.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>6506963

gutentag
>>
File: 1466461068786.jpg (63 KB, 592x501) Image search: [Google]
1466461068786.jpg
63 KB, 592x501
>>6506963

>>
You should've called yourself Hildedgard.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.