[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many straight people who make a big deal about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Proud_to_be_an_ally.jpg (12 KB, 179x239) Image search: [Google]
Proud_to_be_an_ally.jpg
12 KB, 179x239
Why are there so many straight people who make a big deal about attending Pride celebrations? Are they allies? Is this some kind of virtue signaling? How come I don't hear the white ones talk about supporting BLM or something like that? Is it just super trendy to go out of the way to show how LGBT friendly one is?
>>
>>6471401
Most lgbt organizations don't tell people they're wrong and can't help a good cause because their skin is the wrong color
>>
Because it's trendy to be an ally.
>>
They do it because it puts them in higher social standing.
>>
>>6471475
>>6471490
That just seems so cynical.
>>
Yes, it's virtue signaling of the highest order in another vain effort by normie mcnormerson to be accepted and praised by their peers and seen as a tolerant and virtuous human bean for standing up for the oh so oppressed 1st world north American LGBT community.

>how come I don't see the white ones talk about supporting BLM?

Because only the most self-hating and hypercucked nu-males are going to be tolerated within black activist circles and even then their support will only be wanted by the more pathalogically altruistic normie liberal types. The more straight black supremacist types who preach kill all white males and shit don't even really want the support of white people because they are so racist.
>>
>>6471522
>standing up for the oh so oppressed 1st world north American LGBT community.
Sarcasm? There was the shooting a couple of weeks ago ...
>>
>>6471522
How are they planning to kill all whites anyway? They don't seem very well organised. Are they going to whine us to death
>>
>>6471401
A lot of them are in the closet or family members/friends of lgbt people

I know the concept of having friends and a social life eludes you, but try to imagine
>>
1. It gives them higher moral standing
2. They just like going out and meet people

There's no easier way to appear to be a "good person" than getting wasted and attending a gay parade.
>>
>>6471504
>That just seems so cynical.
What, you sincerely expected people to care about the issues of one of the most hated minorities on earth, and not hop onto a movement for their own selfish gains?

How delusional can you get?
>>
BLM is an insane cult.
>>
File: bill.jpg (73 KB, 435x594) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
73 KB, 435x594
>>6471401
BLM is bullshit, most violent-crimes against niggers are commited by niggers. Instead of jumping around on the streets like monkeys, yelling senseless phrases, they should rather search for a job.
>>
>>6471401
They want a cookie for doing shit they should be doing anyways 2 bee queue H
>>
>>6472073
>they should rather search for a job.
I'd rather they didn't.
Now I can just protect my store by hanging a "now hiring" sign by the window.
>>
>>6471416
>>6471401
/Thread
1)BLM activists mistakenly marginalizes potential allies by their polarizing rhetoric
2)What does BLM even want to accomplish? What are the concrete policy changes they want? This message is unclear. The average person doesn't know.Gay rights became easy for straights to rally around because there was a clear and simple policy change being demanded: marriage. Is it necessarily the most pressing issue, considering employee protection, housing rights, or homelessess of LGBT youth? I dunno, but it's simple and straightforward
>>
>>6472299
>>>6471416
BLM wants whitey to die. That's seriously it.
They will not rest until they're on the pedestal they think whites are on.
>>
>>6471984
>How delusional can you get?
Very? I'm sorry. I'll be more jaded going forward.
>>
>>6472299
Not an activist, but seems pretty clear that they don't like how government institutions disproportionately affect black people. Hence why they pop up when police kill unarmed black men. And I've seen the hashtag used by white people too.
>>
>>6472611
So what are the laws they want changed...
>We don't like the way things are
Ok what's next?
>...muh oppression
This is basically the interaction they've had upon meeting with the President and presidential candidate Clinton for God's sake.
It's pathetic
>>
>>6472073
I'm laughing so hard right now. Posting a picture of Bill Burr who's not even related to racism and saying shit against niggers just makes me laugh.
>>
>>6472633
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751

More training, not using the broken windows model, shifting police oversight from police to civilians, stricter enforcement of infractions, body cams
>>
>>6472652
While Body Cams are ultimately a good thing, it's also a negative for cops that let the minor stuff slide that usually warrants a fine or ticket.
>>
>>6472652
Wow that's fascinating, except they don't bring that shit up in their high profile press coverage

Orlando vigil interruption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc

Convo with Presidential candidate Clinton
http://politic365.com/2015/08/18/full-transcript-hillary-clinton-convo-with-blacklivesmatter/
>>
File: 1467079731313.jpg (17 KB, 343x304) Image search: [Google]
1467079731313.jpg
17 KB, 343x304
>>6472722
>>6472652
This. They squander their big moments of press coverage on shaming people instead of educating people on what the demands of their movement are and bringing people to their side.

Nigs gonna nig
>>
File: 13.png (25 KB, 243x247) Image search: [Google]
13.png
25 KB, 243x247
>be trans
>sitting in cafe area
>at Target
>girlmode fails
>ohboy.jpeg
>average size (still bigger than me) Basketball-American starts loudly providing me with his opinion about me
>looking down, staring at the table not sure what to do
>two white girls squeeze between me and him and tell him to fuck off, one of them calls him a nigger
>wow.jpeg
>he leaves
>"gurl are you ok"
>so freaked out girl voice fails
>"yeahI'mfinethanksthankyouthankyou'preciateit"
>bolt out door
>never looked up
>never saw their faces

Thanks allies
>>
>>6472666
Would gladly sacrifice that so people don't get beat up and die.
>>
>>6472722
>>6472751
Oh yeah I agree that their messaging tactics are shit. But if you look at what their tangible goals are, it's not exactly "SMASH THE WHITE OPRESSION MACHINE". Even though that's pretty much what you'd take away from their protests.
>>
File: very wrong way.jpg (243 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
very wrong way.jpg
243 KB, 1680x1050
>>6472787
>...Even though that's pretty much what you'd take away from their protests.

And that's why BLM is shit. The average joe doesn't know what the fuck they want--all they see are 'boons yelling and screaming at everyone and everything: the President, the democratic presidential candidates, vigils held for primarily gay and Latino victims of a shooting, etc.

The only person to come out of BLM to even run for office of anything (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/11/magazine/deray-mckessonwont-be-elected-mayor-of-baltimore-so-why-is-he-running.html?_r=0) wasn't only rejected by the city as a whole... he was rejected by BLM.

So they're unwilling to create connections within the system that they're trying to change, to boot.

How much more pathetic can a movement get???
>>
>>6472786
Reform law and get cams for the best of both worlds.
>>
>>6472818
They want a license to nig.
>>
>>6472780
calling homophobic blacks "niggers" feels so good.
>taking an evening walk with boyfriend through downtown
>crossing a street, there's a stop sign
>look both ways and cross
>nig rounds the corner on his bicycle without stopping
>"FAGGOTS"
>blood boils, instantly yell
>"FUCK OFF NIGGER!"
>"what'choo mup da doo say to me"
>he keeps biking away
>there are tens of people at the intersection, nobody says anything
>old man nods approvingly

Everyone secretly looks down on them.
>>
>>6471401
>>6472073
>>6472299
everytime i see BLM i think "What the fuck does the Bureau of Land Management have to do with this... oh right, those darkies are still yelling. They probably would not appreciate me calling them that... oh well."
>>
>>6471541
That's pretty much the plan. They just whine while never actually doing anything positive.
>>
>>6471475
So what happens when the trendy young folk abandon the gay pride parades in favor of supporting the more marginalized Muslim Community and go to all the Ramadan celebrations.
>>
>>6473151
>So what happens
We might as well throw ourselves from the rooftop to save them the trouble.
>>
>>6473151
Wait until the Muslims show their true colors and open fire.
>>
I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it.

We don't have allies. We're on our own.
>>
>>6473151
Gays in the media
>Harmless interior decorators, hair stylists, wedding planners, and flight attendants

Muslims in the media:
>ALLAH AKBAR
>Here's a Muslim guy denouncing what just happened
>1 week later
>HOLA SNACKBAR
>Nother round of "Islam dindu nuffin"

I feel optimistic that people will continue to side with the gays...
>>
>>6471416
>BLM
>good cause
>>
>>6472299
Have you seen their demands at some of the universities? It's basically insane favoritism, even beyond what they get now.

>>6472611
Oh you mean how they're given institutionalized advantages in every aspect?
>>
>>6472848
I'm going to do that next time that happens, I live in Texas so I don't imagine I'd get too much shit for it
>>
File: fawnaa.jpg (64 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
fawnaa.jpg
64 KB, 500x345
>>6472780
>Actuall irl example of lgbt allies: 1 post, 1 reply

>Spitballing hypothetical peoples and namecalling: the rest of the thread

Don't make it so obvious that none of you ever leave your computer screen
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.