[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 20070307after.gif (14 KB, 288x266) Image search: [Google]
20070307after.gif
14 KB, 288x266
So ive been co sideeing transitioning. Mtf. I have kids. My wife is supportive. My immediate family however is very against it. One of the premises is purely religious and i often clash with that family member for this reason as religion often paints her world. I am not religious in any regard other than what ive experienced in the universe myself with drugs or meditation, etc. My views often wobble between gnostic and pantheism. The other premise, which i cant find a flaw with, although i will give my rebuttal, is that dysphoria must arise as a karmic consequence or familial mindset due to past life experiences. Like being a female in a past life. With the premise that it is your karma to be either man or woman, to seek to change this fact would cause that very karma to build up so to speak. Or that going against the flow of the universe would ultimately tire you out spiritually and that it is a better and wiser endeavour to simply go with the flow, so to speak, and accepting your role in the universe. I often think on this as it makes a lot of sense. However, my rebuttal is that all paths lead to the same place and maybe it is one's karma to struggle for happiness or comfort and thus a valid goal. Or, possibly the universe isnt as perfect as we might think and making changes to the world we find ourselves thrown into is a milestone on our path to self improvement both physically and spiritually.
>>
Your decision (given context), your writing, and your tenuous grasp of existential philosophy all suggest that what you're experiencing is not gender dysphoria, but psychosis. Best of luck, OP.
>>
Good one, but im being serious. There have got to be other humans who have taken a shot at grasping the concept with higher, or some might say 'lofty', considerations. But to be sure, any psychosis i might be suffering from could very well be due to the imperfections of the human body and it its inability, to quote hp lovecraft, 'to correlate all its contents.'
>>
I'm not kidding. Get help.
>>
Psychosis or not, the premises themselves are valid points of debate and if you have nothing to contribute, then you probably dont belong here.
>>
>believes in past lives and "spiritual" nonsense
>allowing this to cause an "awakening" as "mtf" after having a wife and kids
please seek help
>>
Thats actually not very accurate. Are you refreshing this thread just to commit the same ad hominem fallacy over and over again? I guess thats to be expected from the type of people that come here to cause trouble.
>>
>>6462357
Learn how to break up your sentences. Right now your post looks like a tl;dr mess.

Also, see a therapist before you spend the money to transition.
>>
>>6462357
>I have kids
stopped reading there

you're not trans. do your family and all real trans people a favor and don't transition, it would be a huge mistake.
>>
Theres not enough info to just bash this person for not being trans. And i dont think hes doing it for the reasons posted. It just sounds like a honest question. Im Christian, but i always felt like if god loves us and all that, that he/she would love me for how i was created. It doesnt make sense for god to hate one of his own creations.
>>
Actually, i didnt being up my reasons because it doesnt matter for the sake of this discussion. In fact, there are plenty of people whose kids turn out just fine and even become advocates for societal reform. But even that is besodes the point. I think youre just here to instigate.
>>
If I recall correctly, Buddhist theologians in Southeast Asia view transgenderism and the attendant difficulty in forming lasting romantic relationships as a karmic punishment for transgressions in a past life, especially regarding infidelity.
>>
>>6463362
No one is here to instigate, we are just being honest about your situation.

And you really should learn how to properly reply to posts, or even easier, just go to reddit where I'm sure everyone will tell you what you want to hear; since you don't seem to be very accepting of actual advice.
>>
>>6462357
First of all, drop that metaphysical crap and just look at the issue objectively.

Treatment for gender dysphoria is justified scientifically. No doubt about that.

Your argument against doing it would be your social situation (children and family). I don't have any experience with that so I don't know if sacrificing your own well-being for your children is justified in this case.
>>
I feel sorry for your wife. I bet she regrets choosing a weirdo like you.
>>
>>6462357
>philosophy
retard, dont talk about your new age shit like it reflects reality
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.