[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: dies.gif (705 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
dies.gif
705 KB, 500x300
What was coming out like for you guys? I just told my family and now i'm shunned. I'm afraid to tell my friends in fear i'll lose them too. What do?
>>
Living in the conservative East, my family flipped their shit. My friends, being more liberal, didn't really care that I liked to touch penises. I had to move from my parent's house though, which sucked, but oh well.
>>
Came out as trans. Everyone I knew basically said "what took so long?"
Everyone has also been very supportive.
>>
Coming out is a mistake.
>>
>>6455395
Don't have to tell me twice... have been thinking about coming out to one of my siblings but after a conversation with my dad yesterday (not out to him), where he said that if trans people are so confused that they should just "remove themselves", I've pretty much completely reconsidered the notion... the thought of him some how finding out just makes me sick.

Though at the same time I kinda want him to know purely out of spite.
>>
File: 1453713036236.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1453713036236.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>he fell for the coming out meme
>>
My mom cried, my dad is either in denial or doesn't know, or some weird combination. He makes it very clear that he does not condone homosexuality.
Sisters and aunts were overly supportive, uncles were grudgingly supportive, friends barely cared at all.
I used to be mad at my parents but I love and respect them too much to stay that way. They have a lot of great qualities and being indoctrinated into a religious dogma is just one bad one that isn't even really their fault.
>>
>>6455089
I'm not going to come out, but I think if I did my mother would be much more devastated. My father is really proud of my passions and the things I create and it doesn't seem like he'd care very much about my sexuality. My mother, on the other hand, doesn't give a shit about what I do with my time and just wants me to go to college, get a job, and have children. Good thing my parents aren't together and I live with my father.
>>
I haven't came out to my family, and I live in a very conservative family. My father is very hostile towards trans and gays, my mother is about the same. I remember when I was trying to hint at my sexuality and they both said that gays are the scum of the earth. So through out my high school years I just didn't talk to them or my sisters much in fear of being rejected. To this day I still haven't told them and my relations with them are sour at best.
>>
>>6455674
Fuck your father.

Well, don't actually, you know, FUCK your father.

But still...fuck your father. He needs to get over it.
>>
File: 1466268332841.jpg (279 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466268332841.jpg
279 KB, 960x1280
Well i guess i'm not coming out, i'll just disappear from here.

>My dad said homossexuals should fucking shut up, as no one cares if theyre fucking faggots.
>Constantly make jokes about homos
>Constantly says he will become a fag-killer when hes get older
>tfw my father is /pol/

>Mother says "god" will not help those who are homo
>She constantly says people like the muslim that shoot orlando are "sent by god" to clear the earth, and they are not wrong

This is even worse because i said:
>"Hey mom, i guess i'll grow up and become a punk that kill faggots"
>"Hell no, if you want to kill people like this become a cop and do it during the night"
>Tfw you live on a 3rd world country and this literally happens.
>>
>>6457116
>Constantly says he will become a fag-killer when hes get older

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>6456729
I dunno.. his stove pipe beard is to die for.

But in all reality yeah.. fuck him.. there is absolutely no reason that he feels so strongly against trans people. The best "reason" was because I was in a shit situation with a trans person but that has nothing to do with him and even then.. saying that all trans people should kill themselves because of this one situation (supposedly) is disgusting.
>>
>>6456136
Somebody should make a version of this where he's laughing but then just breaks down sobbing. The kind of sobbing that makes everyone else around him depressed, even if they don't know the context.
>>
>>6455089
Came out to my parents as trans
>coming out ever
Yeah I know but I was on the precipice of suicide and they actually were very supportive so fuck you. Most of my extended family acts like they don't know me though, and the ones that didn't outright shun me just treat me like some curiosity. At least my friends were awesome about it.
>>
I was super lucky and no one in my family really cared. I told my mom I was gay a while after I broke up with my ex girlfriend while we were sharing stories and my heart was beating SUPER fast while I said it but after she responded I felt dumb for not having told her sooner. Told my brother on the same day too a few hours before her and he didn't care either. I told my sister years before all of them. Maybe it helps to take it one at a time? Who knows. Either way I love my family for being open minded and it helps a lot that both my mom and dad already had gay family members on both sides.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.