[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asexuality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_14039-download243821128.jpg (48 KB, 652x435) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14039-download243821128.jpg
48 KB, 652x435
So what exactly does /LGBT think about being the asexual community?
>>
File: annie may.jpg (128 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
annie may.jpg
128 KB, 600x840
mostly apathy
disbelief in claims of oppression
dubious claim to inclusion as LGBT group
possibly just an odd behavioral pattern but why not give them space to find others so they don't feel shitty about it (like polyamory, doesn't strike me as an orientation, just a way of life)
>>
I'm asexual, and I basically share the same view point. I'm not positive the asexual community needs to be part of LGBT. We hardly face the same problema
>>
>>6442853
Serious question; Being asexual, what do you find sexually pleasing? Does asexual mean that you don't find men or women attractive or does it mean you don't have a romantic connection with either sex?
>>
>>6442987
Not that guy
Asexual means you do not experience sexual desire . That's it
Some may feel romantic feelings but not sexual
That simple m8
>>
>>6442987
I find masturbation as physically pleasing in a stress relieving sort of way, but I have no drive to have sex. I'm still attracted to women in a romantic fashion, and can notice sexually attractive traits, but those traits don't mean anything romantically, so I don't care about them.
>>
>>6442731
Honestly? You don't like sex. Who cares? You're not oppressed and you don't have any equal rights you need to fight for, so I don't know why you need to be included in the lgbt spectrum. I don't even understand why you need a community, unless you all like to get together and talk about all that not-fucking you're doing.

On a personal level, I guess you could be doing something to bring more legitimacy to your orientation or whatever. Whenever I hear someone mention they're asexual, I honestly assume that they're either a closet fag full of shame, someone with a crazy fetish, or a pedophile using "asexuality" to avoid talking about what really turns them on. Or I assume they just don't want to fuck the person they're saying they're asexual to - I've done that before.
>>
>>6443150
I mean the reason some of us feel the need for a community is the fact that many of us have felt disconnected from society due to the fact that sex isn't our thing. And believe it or not, you actually brought up the only time I feel we are oppressed: you think that we are repressing what actually turns us on, when that is not the case. A lot of people can't come to terms with the idea that asexuals actually exist, and refuse to believe them when they say it
>>
As an asexual person, some people need the asexual community because they like being in a group that is similar to them and it makes them feel "normal".
As for inclusion into lgbt, there's gay,bi, and lesbian asexual people so it kinda interlocks. I don't see a point for straight asexual people to be in there, though.
Asexual people don't really get oppressed so I don't see why people on tumblr are always trying to pull that card to get into the lgbt group.
>>
>>6443185

That's what I'm saying - do something to bring legitimacy to your orientation. Figure out a way to let people know that asexuality is a thing.

I have no earthly idea what that could be, though. I have a hard time swallowing it myself. Doesn't help that many people I've talked to who claim asexuality have ended up admitting to some pretty specific, fucked up fetishes when pressed.

Also, you folks can't seem to keep your definition straight about what asexuality actually is. I've had people tell me that they experience no sexual drive at all. Then there's weirdos like this guy >>6443114 who admit to jerking off. Jerking off is a SEXUAL act. You're thinking about something that turns you on sexually when you do it - to me, that's not asexuality.
>>
>>6442731
homoromantic asexuals? sure
biromantic asexuals?
trans asexuals? sure
cis aromantic/asexual or cis heteroromantic asexuals? nah
>>
>>6445164
nah, some people just go through the movements and aren't thinking about anything.
Plus the actual definition of asexuality is lacking sexual attraction so it doesn't matter what you what you think asexuality is.
>>
>>6445197
Explain
>>
>>6445416
straight peeps shouldn't be in lgbt
>>
>>6442731
Isn't a transgender person just someone who's transitioning from on gender to the other?
It doesn't describe a person's sexuality, unlike the rest of those symbols.
>>
>>6445416

Not same guy, but asexuals who just straight up don't like romance, or like romance with the opposite sex are normal seeming enough to not really need to have a hugbox. As the former, I agree.
>>
>>6446006
As another asexual, I don't think anyone should have a hugbox because it's very bad and can cause us vs them mentalities. It's just better to have a community. No ass patting.
>>
I'm chill with ace's unless they're aromantic heterosexual.
>>
>>6446153
I have to agree. I'm all for the a spectrum, even pan+demi, but aro+het doesn't qualify as queer IMO. Ace+heteroromantic could still count though.
>>
>>6442731
we didn't want to apart of your lgbt community
PLEASE TAKE US OUT
>>
>>6446153
That's not even ace then, is it? (Ace = asexual). That's aro.
>>6445197
Do you think aro asexuals belong in /lgbt/?
>>6443855
I've personally never seen an ace say that they're really oppressed. At the lost, they just want inclusion in the lgbt community to raise awareness-- not of their issues, but that they exist.
>>6442987
It means you don't find either attractive. Aromantic (which many asexuals are) refers to individuals who are not romantically interested in anyone.
>>
>>6445387
No, the actual definition of asexuality is this:

a·sex·u·al
āˈsekSH(əw)əl/
adjective
1. without sexual feelings or associations.
noun
1. a person who has no sexual feelings or desires.

Again, jerking off and coming is a sexual association and it's satisfying a sexual desire.

Having an orgasm is sexual - period.

There's your "actual" definition.
>>
>>6452294
Please give me a source where it says masturbation is sexual.
>>
Apathy, like several other people it seems.

I think there's some fair discontentment over people questioning the legitimacy of asexuality (they're just repressed/confused/snowflakes/etc.), and I would expect it to be especially difficult for asexuals seeking romantic partners.

>>6445164
>I'm skeptical because I know asexuals that admit to having fetishes or later develop fetishes.

It's definitely true that some people claim to have no sexual attractions but later change their mind about what they're into. Not saying that's the case with all asexuals.

Regardless, I think skepticism towards anyone's sexual preferences is shitty. It doesn't help them find their "true" sexual orientation. It's better to just accept their tastes and encourage them to explore what they're into.
>>
>>6442731
What's the difference between the "green gay" and "blue gay" boxes?
Is it like a sub/dom versus equals in the relationship?
>>
>>6445416
Heteros shouldn't be in /LGBT/ minus trans heteros
>>
>>6451571
>Do you think aro asexuals belong in /LGBT/
Nah. They're not interested in romance or sex with the opposite sex, so unless they're trans, why would they be included in the acronym
>>
>>6453697
Haha so desperate to invent a label for yourself that you try to say masturbation isn't sexual.
>>
>>6442731
I've seen a lot of cancerous tumblr whales that are "ace" while also thinking and talking about sex all the time. It seems to me that while it's a valid orientation there are a lot of fake ones that ruin the image of the group
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.