[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (House Season2 ep13)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Alex.jpg (25 KB, 412x522) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
25 KB, 412x522
That feel when at the end of the end of episode 13 of season 2 of house MD they reveal that Alex the super model is actually male with Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (CAIS)

Makes me wonder why we haven't found out a way to just medically induce this in trans people.

How does it make you feel?

The episode made me feel super dysphoric. Here is another (albeit fictional) person who is male yet gets the perfect free ride, and transition from age 0 :/

Fuck why can't we all just be cis.

From the wiki
http://house.wikia.com/wiki/Skin_Deep
The patient has complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS). The disorder prevented the genetically "male" Alex from being able to process testosterone. Since the patient could only process estrogen, the patient developed female characteristics, such as large breasts. This revelation disturbs Alex, who is unable to believe that she is, actually, a hermaphrodite, prompting a psychiatric referral from House, who remarks upon the irony that the ultimate woman is a "man". The surgery is a success.
>>
I think for trans people its too late. Alex's testes never lowered b/c AIS but with a trans person they already have way before they even find out they are trans. The effects aren't reversible
>>
File: Cct52aGUEAAnvC0.jpg (29 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
Cct52aGUEAAnvC0.jpg
29 KB, 600x389
Imagine having complete AIS and being FTM though. I'd an hero.
>>
>>6432494
:( So sad. Fuck. I don't know why this who thing makes me so dysphoric.
>>
About 5 years ago I went in to get X-Rays/MRI done after crushing 3 vertebra in my lower spine (Trying to figure that out was why I was there)

When they were done I could see to the other side of the glass they looked surprised, and brought some younger doctors to take a look at everything and some colleges before letting me see some of them.

The whole time in my head I was imagining they found something like ovaries inside me on the xray or something. Hoping that it would validate me as a woman. I am MTF.

I was crushed when they didn't say anything. I didn't know that doctors don't often tell people when they are intersex/AIS etc.

Sadly I don't think I am because I was still visibly male prior to HRT, but yeah....

Damn.
>>
>>6432510
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i never thought of how fucked that would be
>>
>>6433181
>>6432510
True story. An hero might be the only option, or some SERIOUS therapy to cope.
>>
>>6432510
How? To defeminize & masculinize the brain, the AR receptors need to work.
>>
>>6433347

How? Last I checked estrogen masculinized the brain.

As an explanation to those who don't know: testosterone is converted to estrogen locally at the brain to masculinize it. The reason bio girls don't all end up FtM is because alphafetoprotein is supposed to bind to all the free estrogen floating around the baby, so only bio males are supposed to be exposed to estrogen during pregnancy. Because it's not androgens themselves that masculinize the brain, it's possible to have CAIS and be FtM.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.