[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Any military gays? What's it like being out in the service? Does it get better?
>>
>>6432426
Get outed by accident before DADT was abolished.

suddenly none of the other females in the company want me to sleep in the same tent with them while in the field. army rules won't let me sleep with the men under normal circumstances.

so every field exercise I get to live in my shop's work tent. Which means I woken up during the night to fix computers and radios, instead of the men in their sleep tent.

though on the plus side I got my own private room with air conditioning when I deployed.
>>
No one cares anymore. I brought my boyfriend(now girlfriend on hrt) into the shop to hangout. Everyone has a sort of connection. They don't care if you like dick.
>>
Honestly when I outed in basic training they were totally normal about it except for this one guy who was going crazy about it for some reason. No one cares really.
>>
File: 20160622_112257.jpg (284 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160622_112257.jpg
284 KB, 640x480
Nobody gives a fuck except that one super-Christian fire-and-brimstone asshat.
>>
OP here.Reason asking is because I'm kinda debating whether or not to just start coming out to people once I get to my first unit.Kinda worried what impact it could have on my career tho :/
>>
>>6432774
Are you signal?
>>
>>6439212
There's no real reason to, it won't do anything to your career. If it ever comes up then tell them, but they won't care, it's not a big deal and you shouldn't treat it like it's a big deal.
>>
>>6432774
Are you still in the military?
>>
I LOVE DICK
>>
>>6441004
Sure. Uh huh. Why not.
>>
>>6439221
>Are you signal?
>signal
Kek
>>
>>6441200
Signal corps**
>>
Well the Navy is obviously the gayest if you believe the Village People.
>>
>>6446229
Actually, the Marine Corps is gayest. After DADT was repealed, I heard they had the most gays.
>>
Not in the military yet, but I've been talking to recruiters and I'm working on joining the Army. Ideally, I'd like to become a Ranger, but only hard work and time will tell.
>>
>>6439212
Yeah indeed walking around the army "I'm gay :3" will sure solve lots of problems.

>>6440995
This. The only fags that are bearable are those that don't advertise it. Don't fucking make it part of your identity. You're just a guy who loves sucking cock, and nobody couldn't care less than you care about John wanting to fuck pussy.
>>
>>6448308
there's a difference between being a flaming faggot and wanting to talk about relationships and shit. "I don't mind gays as long as I don't have to acknowledge them"fags are the worst.
>>
Mtf, love men, wish I was considered good enough to serve :c
>>
>>6432426
It varies a lot. Most soldiers are jocks, and jocks have a herd mentality that they enforce with a lot of physical aggression. If you're in the herd, you're all right. If you're outside of the herd, you're fucked. You can be gay and still be in the herd, because the indicators that mark the boundaries of the herd change practically on a daily basis. It doesn't even have to be something that the majority of the members like or even authentically approve of, hence the social dominance of Wicca in the Marines. You just have to be an expert social manipulator who can direct your peers' bullying instincts away from you and toward someone else.
>>
>>6448780
Depends on your MoS

Data Network Administrator here, we have a lot of /g/ type guys in my MOS
>>
>>6448718
The pentagon is considering allowing trans people to join as the gender they have become
>>
>>6449200

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36628288

>US officials say the Pentagon will lift its ban on openly transgender service personnel in July

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Judging by how mtf's act on here (materialistic, worldly, all about how they look) I don't think it's a good idea. I think it's a good idea for ftm's since they're bros.
>>
>>6453438
I know for sure the medical issues would be a bitching nightmare.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 1280x853
Read up Kristin Beck's book. She was a DEVGRU SEAL. Warrior Princess
>>
>>6441200
Signal processing, it's a thing. Sort of related to mathematics, statistics, engineering, etc.
>>
>>6457436

Ah signals. aka actually more of a desk jockey than any desks you think you could jockey before.

Source: mah gf was almost signals but she into bioscience, luckily.
>>
>>6440995
I mean there is a lot of historical reasoning to make a person think this isn't true. I think backlash can often be subtle at first.
I'm not in the army, but dude I think you have real reason to nervous. Everything will likely be fine, but bullshit always bubbles up. Straight people act like they are mostly cool and than flip out in weird ways.
The army has a disgusting track record and you are not delusional for being slightly fearful, they are delusional to act like it's never a big deal.
>>
>>6448694
this
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.