[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masculine and Feminine Principles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: mascfem.png (45 KB, 570x433) Image search: [Google]
mascfem.png
45 KB, 570x433
What do you think of pic related?
What do you think it means for gay people?
Are gay people masculine and feminine in one and therefore superior?

What are the benefits of being gay?
>>
>>6416159
All these retards are stuck in platonic thought with ideal forms of masculinity and femininity. I mean, look at it: female emotions are introverted even though that clearly isn't true for the majority of women. What I want to say is that we categorize something based on it's properties and not the other way around.
>>
>>6416159
Femboys do masc and feminine at the same time.

Replace all the boring old women and men with them.
>>
>>6416159

Most of the qualities in that image are extremely vague and seem to be divided pretty arbitrarily.

Masculinity/femininity are defined by the biology of the sexes and the gender roles that arose from that in order to keep a societal unit functioning. Ergo assertiveness and suppression of negative emotions for men and the nurturing and selectiveness of women, at the very basic core.

Everything else after that is a post hoc rationalization to try and apply modernly understood abstract concepts retroactively to explain their evolutionary origin, which is an extremely difficult task and not something your average psych major should attempt to do.

It's hard to paint a broad brush of all gay people with a single one of these concepts because there's a large spectrum even within the queer community. A gay man is still a "man" if he protects his tribe and brings home dinner and a gay women's is still a "woman" if she cares for her young, at the very base level. Obviously with modern developments the need to adhere to these guidelines has been drastically reduced so the expression of individual variations outside the "norm" don't really have much impact on society as a whole. Whether this is a good or bad thing is largely up to individual opinion, as exactly what constitutes a "functioning" society can also vary, whether you're referring to economic prosperity, happiness/fulfillment per capita, global political influence, etc.

Its interesting to note how the more developed a nation becomes the more the ideas surrounding men and women's roles loosen. When it's a struggle for survival those basic instincts are very beneficial, but as survival becomes less of an issue the range of "acceptable" behaviors widens.
>>
>>6416159
"Feminine" and "Masculine" are both memes that have continuously changed over time to fit specific needs of a society based on their contemporary conditions.

There's no point in putting up all these labels and reinforcing genderism.

Also trannies (legitimately believing in internal 'gender identity' and such) are inducing cognitive dissonance in themselves.
>>
>>6416902
But I'm a tranny and I don't believe in gender identity, I just have physical dysphoria so I transitioned, and that's the way it is with most people. You shouldn't speak so authoritatively on something that you seem to have only a surface knowledge of.
>>
>>6417046
I specifically said
>legitimately believing in internal 'gender identity'

I think supporting this sort of view is doing more harm than good to people with dysphoria (and society in general) which is why I'm so critical of it.
>>
>>6416159
i think people assign certain actions and traits to certain genders which is stupid
>>
>>6417068
Yeah and a good portion of us honestly don't believe in gender identity. It's just made up shit used to explain dysphoria to cis people that unfortunately caught on.
>>
>>6417046
>don't believe in gender identity

What the heck brought you towards taking hormonal treatments?
>>
>>6420139
Gender dysphoria. I said that in my first post. I don't think I have a "feminine soul" or any of that made up bullshit, having a male body just makes me upset and extremely unhappy.
>>
>>6420347
Doesn't gender dysphoria kind of imply a gender identity?

For example, my testosterone levels were within the male range, which caused gender dysphoria, and then I lowered them into the female range, which made them go away.

Isn't that just a description of gender identity? My testosterone levels needed to be in the female range, otherwise, I'd experience dysphoria. The fact that a particular sexually dimorphic part of my body had certain requirements that needed to be fulfilled or else dysphoria would happen = gender identity.
>>
>>6420441
If that's how you want to see it, sure. But I don't believe in the idea of "I'm a man/woman inside a woman/man's body" or anything like that. I think gender is nothing but what you are physically, if what you are physically makes the average person think "that's a boy/girl" then that's what you are.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.