[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dealing with the feeling of being a disappointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1460649872636.jpg (58 KB, 471x414) Image search: [Google]
1460649872636.jpg
58 KB, 471x414
My parents cut me off for being a gay nonbeliever. They already were disappointed in me for not aspiring to anything past a high school diploma.
I know there's nothing I have to be ashamed of, but in my heart I don't feel good about being gay, or being atheist. Then my parents wouldn't be disappointed. I really wish I could be a straight christian, but that's never going to happen.
Anyone else going through this? Or maybe already has? I could use a crutch right now.
>>
I just realized two sentences I typed out of order. You can probably guess which.
>>
>>6413515
No, because I like myself. Suck it up and get used to the things you can't change about yourself, because you'll have to live with them for a long time and it's going to be miserable if you maintain this attitude.
>>
idk. grew up poor. never really got what threat was meant by having parents cut me off. I remember my dad threatening it and I laughed saying college and apartments and everything is so ridiculously expensive there's no way he was ever going to cover it anyway. Then it was just an "oh damn, you're right, do whatever I guess just don't come crying to me about it when you fail"

Unless you mean like emotionally cut off. Like they no longer talk to you. Really at that point they likely never loved you anyway. Gay or college-educated or whatever. They just liked the idea of having a little extension of themselves they could brag about but you didn't become bragworthy so you're useless to them.

Get a job. Just rely on yourself. Your family was probably a crutch and a shitty one at that so I wouldn't try getting a new one. You don't need to feel good about being gay or an atheist anymore that you gotta feel good about having brown eyes or red hair. It's just some factual neutral shit about you. You're parents were gonna be disappointed in you no matter what you did cause that's just how super christian parents are.
>>
>>6413564
You remind me of myself, because I tend to be a very anti bitch and moan type of person, but sometimes it's hard to power through everything. I know in 5 years I'll look back and remember how I felt and think I was being a bitch, but until then, I'm sick of feeling down all the time.

>>6413663
My parents are lower low middle class, like above the ghetto and trailer parks, but living in a dumpy 3 bedroom 2 bath surrounded by rednecks. They always had impossible standards I could never meet. They were certainly emotionally abusive as well as occasionally physically, but I always tried to excuse what I could, assuming they meant well, saying I was just being a bitch and they weren't that bad, etc. It just has hit me recently that they didn't really care for me, and it's effecting me emotionally. A coworker asked if I was okay after apparently seeing me looking down, which is why I'm here, because I guess it's a problem.
>>
>>6413798
Well you are being silly. If your parents are disappointed by you, then that's their own problem, not yours. You shouldn't inhibit yourself because of other people's issues.
>>
>>6413515
never, ever feel bad about your parent's awful behavior. It's not like they could chose what their kid will be like and we couldnt chose our parents either. if they cut you off for being whatever you wanna be, they never wanted to be parents, they just wanted to have a kid so they can be like everyone else.
>>
>>6413515
Being a nonbeliever already puts you miles ahead of them in the mental health department.
>>
>>6413798
>My parents are lower low middle class, like above the ghetto and trailer parks, but living in a dumpy 3 bedroom 2 bath surrounded by rednecks. They always had impossible standards I could never meet. They were certainly emotionally abusive as well as occasionally physically, but I always tried to excuse what I could, assuming they meant well, saying I was just being a bitch and they weren't that bad, etc. It just has hit me recently that they didn't really care for me, and it's effecting me emotionally. A coworker asked if I was okay after apparently seeing me looking down, which is why I'm here, because I guess it's a problem.

yeah you're parents never loved you. They were probably shit people, had children on accident but couldn't abort and poured all their delusions onto you. Don't blame your birth for their shit life either. Even if they'd never had you they would have never made anything of themselves. You're just a convenient place to put the blame.

Here's the basic standards of a child from loving parents: able to take care of themselves and be happy. Now sometimes parent's interpret that simple standard to mean their kids can't be gay. Like "shit how is my son gonna be able to be happy if he's gay and I think it's impossible to be happy if you aren't fucking pussy" or "shit how is this kid gonna take care of themselves if they're a tranny and nobody is gonna hire a tranny they'll go fucking broke". But in those cases it's just a matter of proving "hey look I got a job and moved in and am so happy in love like dang guess you're worries are for naught".

But nah you're parents just never loved you. They couldn't find a fuck to give about your happiness or independence. They just wanna brag about you and therefore themselves but you denied them that. I'd say just spite them back by being extra gay on social media so that shit splashes back on them eventually.
>>
>>6418678
Also I'm not saying this shit to get your further down. It's just you should understand they never loved you so you can stop giving a fuck about it. You've been through all your life without their love just fine enough. You don't need it. It'd be nice if you did have it. But you don't and never did.

Don't feel alone in the family for being a disappointment either. You probably have some pedophile uncles or heroin addicted cousins or some illegitimate children out there. Christian friends of your parents bragging about their kid getting into whatever top christian university are probably leaving out that their daughter had to abort that black stud baby. Christian families tend to lie and keep the darkest shit under wraps. If you ever wanna fuck with them just say some shit like "everyone knows what your son/daughter is really up to" and watch their eyes freak the fuck out.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.