[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While with homosexuality there is some wiggle room for comed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: img-john-c-reilly_135629425045.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
img-john-c-reilly_135629425045.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
While with homosexuality there is some wiggle room for comedy and what is deemed appropriate for joking, but where is the line for Transgenders.

Why is it a video like this and Garlic Bread is seen a transphobic and problematic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmK1osGXhq4
>>
>>6393923
Thats hilarious
>>
>>6393923
What is 'appropriate' for joking is always matter of personal taste

There is always more wiggle room, and great comedians push the boundaries further every day
>>
>>6393923

Something about "punching down" or some horseshit.
>>
File: 1464849064354.jpg (117 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1464849064354.jpg
117 KB, 986x553
Garlic bread did nothing wrong. This is why the T needs to be removed from movement.

They are a mental disorder that is highlighted and glorified as a status by hyper leftists whereas the LGB are just people living normally with a preference of what they do in the bedroom.

Where homosexuals have nothing wrong with them, were removed empirically from the DSM, trans are actual people in need of mental assistance and the eventual gene therapy to deal with their issues, not be removed from DSM because of hurt feeling when the individual in question still has dysphoria at the end of the day.
>>
>>6397672
I agree with everything except
>LGB are just people living normally with a preference of what they do in the bed
Because that's kinda invalidating. You wouldn't say a straight couple just has a preference of what they do in bed when referring to them being straight. It makes it sound on par with BDSM and other gross kink shit. Yuck.
>>
>>6397706
All sex is just that. Intimacy outside of sex is subjective to individual and culture. Gay sex, straight sex, bdsm, whatever, it's all just preference.

If you feel invalidated by acknowledging sex for what it is regardless of your preference, then Grow up and get over it.

You don't need validation, you're not a special snowflake, you're just someone with a preference no different from me liking coke over Pepsi.

Once people get over their triggered hangups and religious prudeness and see things objectively, this whole gender/sexual-preference/identity thing will be over and we can get on with actual issues that aren't reserved for first world complaints.
>>
>>6393923
I mean, I'm not laughing, but I don't think it's offensive for him to say that
>>
>>6397672

I love when conservatards are coward forced to ignore studies on gender dysphoria
>>
>>6397770
Relationships aren't just sex, dingbat.

Are you seriously comparing BDSM to being gay? What the fuck? BDSM is a sexual preference, being gay is something that you're born as and affects every aspect of your life. It's not a "preference".
>>
>>6393923

lol vajanuh

lol pennis

lol just keep on it
>>
>>6393923
>what is satire?
>>
File: pointing-and-laughing.gif (832 KB, 252x188) Image search: [Google]
pointing-and-laughing.gif
832 KB, 252x188
>>6397956
Why are you letting you sexuality define you?

You are no different than any other individual, your preference is just that, what floats your boat. If you think of it otherwise you're blowing it out of proportion to conflate your identity.

Affection is affection, there is no such thing as gay or straight or a difference between them. It's just affection. Why put barriers between what makes us different from "straight" people when we are just people who have different preferences.

Get over yourself.

>>6397946
Sources friend? Actually understudy in endocrinology and most research that is statistically significant I've seen is towards my claim.
>>
>>6393923
I find this extremely offensive to comedy.
>>
>>6398016
Typically, satire makes me laugh, even when it's about me or groups I identify with
If this is satire, it's not very good satire
It's maybe on the level of "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>6398703
the whole joke of the character is he's a doctor, whether a medically trained expert or a respected academic, and instead he's actually retarded. its satire of the television industry which often has shows featuring guest experts and talking heads to inform people.

its not satire about trans people, it just uses them as a subject. the satire is tv. there are no good trans comedians because they're either edgy, crass with jokes like 'i have a dick' and because they're trans, people have to laugh. either that or they're preachy sjw tier with 'jokes' setting people straight about how normal trans issues are, which similar viewed people can clap at but isn't funny. trans comedians fail to connect to generic audiences. comedy about trans people written by trans people about how crazy absurd the whole trans thing is just wouldn't be funny to cis people, just a mix of alien and depressing. trans and comedy don't comfortably go together without it being cruel and most people don't like that sort of humor these days
>>
>>6398776
Oh I see, I just missed the joke
And I guess the world isn't too comfortable with cruel humor at the moment, though I wish it was otherwise
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.