[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does one learn to cope with gender dysphoria without becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 403x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 403x449
how does one learn to cope with gender dysphoria without becoming even more depressed due to lack of transition or having to become a mutilated freak in the eyes of society?

pic related
>>
>>6391029
I dunno

It's really easy for me
>>
>>6391043

weird cos i've tried basically everything (with the exception of physical transition) only to find myself just feeling a lot worse

not sure what i should do
>>
>>6391059
Read through a copy of DSM III and run through the treatments prescribed from before enabling became the standard response.
>>
>>6391059
Transition :^)
Or go see a therapist.
>>
>>6391080
The response changed because science has advanced, Anon. The DSM-5 is the latest edition because it has gathered all of the latest data, not because the liberals force them to release new editions.
>>
>>6391093
The response changed because surgery became an actual possibility.
>>
>>6391029
Arrange to have a society that doesn't see trans people making their bodies livable as mutilation, or people living normally in ways slightly different-looking people live normally as freakish. It's a rate thing for some reason?
>>
op here, some background info

i have gone to see numerous therapists for multiple opinions about this and the answer seems to be the same every time; "your symptoms are severe, it'd be best for you to do something about it physically so you aren't a danger to yourself"

i've talked other solutions with them and tested them out only to feel worse

i'm scared, i don't want people to hate me or think of me as some subhuman creature if i transition but i don't want to feel this bad anymore

sorry for the life story but yea it's getting a lot harder to manage and i don't know what route is the right one to take
>>
>>6391199
Try transition, as the experts, your therapists, the research, and many, many trans people before you suggest is your best bet at life. Some people may be cruel, but my experience has been that most will not be when presented with the reality of a trans person. The most challenging part will be accepting yourself - getting others to accept you is just a matter of time.
>>
If your problem is society, move to a big, lgbt friendly city and go for it.
It's not about percentages. The only people that matter are those that you surround yourself with.

Plus society will get better too with time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.