[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are we not talking about the fucking important shit regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1425666867375167.jpg (125 KB, 1200x479) Image search: [Google]
1425666867375167.jpg
125 KB, 1200x479
why are we not talking about the fucking important shit regarding orlando?

>shooter was on an fbi watch list for three years
>allowed to buy assault weapons
>ended up killing 50 people and hurting 50 more

so you're telling me we passed the patriot act, violating our individual rights and privacies, in order to prevent this kind of shit but they aren't actually doing anything useful with all the information they're collecting on us?

yeah go ahead, scapegoat muslims and gays and christians (?) - the real enemy is our government but they're literally laughing at how easy it is to distract you dumbasses from that
>>
>tfw this tragedy makes people fight even more about the next president
>like it matters
>like there is a difference between the two
>>
>>6386534

His close friends, loved ones, and co-workers all came out and said they thought he was a nutjob. The fact that none of them did anything despite all the warning signs, and that the government ALSO didn't do anything despite likely having far more information to work with, is ridiculous. The problem here was not that there wasn't enough "gun control", the problem was that the people whose job it was to prevent him from reaching this point are completely incompetent.
>>
>>6388666
i'm not talking about gun control specifically because it's such a meme (obvi people don't need to be able to buy assault rifles tho that's insane and ofc people who are documented as being mentally unstable or on WATCHLISTS or violent criminals should not be able to buy them)

BUT more so the fact that we let the government freely conduct surveillance on citizens in order to prevent acts of terrorism. yet someone who was flagged as potentially dangerous by this same government was allowed to purchase assault weapons which were, in a truly shocking turn of events, used to murder dozens of people in a hate crime. the only thing i'm saying is, why are we supporting politicians and government - why is this being turned into a partisan argument - when they are clearly ineffective at doing the tasks we pay them to do

that this happened i feel is mainly the fault of our government's inability to act effectively

civilians are stupid. dozens of people can witness a crime happening and not even think to call the police because surely "someone else did" right?

whereas it's the government's job to deal with this kind of thing since the patriot act

i'm just saying why are we having our personal liberties violated when the government can't even prevent anything bad from happening with that information?
>>
>why are we not talking about the fucking important shit regarding orlando?
This is a board for discussing Lesbian shit, Gay shit, Bisexual shit, and Trans shit.
You are looking for a political discussion board. >>>/pol/
>>
>>6388803
but s-senpai the shooter was a repressed self-hating faggot, it should at the very least be on topic for the repression gen thread if not general purpose /lgbt/
>>
>>6388803
are you clueless about why there is an even a separate lgbt community or do i need to spell out systemic oppression for you??
>>
>>6388835
pls b b8
>>
File: 1465434307969.jpg (19 KB, 325x182) Image search: [Google]
1465434307969.jpg
19 KB, 325x182
>>6388720

>obv people don't need to buy assault rifles.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>6388720
If you've committed no crime, you deserve no punishment. That principle has done vastly more good than bad.

If he didn't have guns, he would've had homemade bombs, if not that, there would have been something else.

You don't even know what and 'assault weapon' is buzzword mcgee. So shut the fuck up, no amount if gun control could have stopped this.

If it were a venue that allowed concealed carry weapons, there would be a lot fewer deaths or none at all since the possibility of ccws makes a place a hard target instead of a soft defenseless one.

Ar-15 style rifles end the lives of less than 350 people per year, that's less than hands + feet, less than knives, less than drowning. So again, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>6386534

being on an fbi watch list doesn't mean jack shit, millions of people are on a US government watchlist, they dont actually monitor you in any way, just put you on a list to tag you in case you come up again, at most maybe call his local police station to ask if they have any outstanding warrants on him
>>
>>6389270
>If he didn't have guns, he would've had homemade bombs, if not that, there would have been something else.

This. What happened was terrible, but if guns weren't allowed, he wasn't going to go punching people to death. He probably would have planned bombs and risked doubling or tripling the death toll.
>>
File: image.png (308 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
308 KB, 546x700
>>6388835
>"systemic oppression"
>>
>>6386534
The government is afraid people will call them islamophobic on twitter for doing their job.
>>
>>6389270

>If he didn't have guns, he would've had homemade bombs

Didn't he actually have a bomb vest on?
>>
>>6386534
>anyone can be put on a watchlist for any reason at all
>better suspend their rights ayy lmao
how about no
>>
>>6389901
how about just not let them buy assault weapons ez pz famalam
>>
>>6390019
how about just stop trolling me famiam
>>
>>6389849
Yes but as far as I know it didn't detonate
>>
>>6388653
>leftist actually believe hitlary is conservative
fucking kek
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.