[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i found out what Vogueing is a couple days ago and one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: vogue-600x301.jpg (42 KB, 600x301) Image search: [Google]
vogue-600x301.jpg
42 KB, 600x301
So i found out what Vogueing is a couple days ago and one of my gay friends said it's sad how I didn't know what it was and that i need to get more inclined with gay culture. What pissed me off was his idea of gay culture is literally just stereotypes he started to imply I'm self hating for not being a cliche... Anyone feel like you can't be an individual because you get backslash for not sharing views or liking things everyone else in your community supports? Also have a black friend who can't speak her mind without her family calling her a coon... I don't get these mob mentalities
>>
>>6383077
Literally it's been around for almost a century.

Also you can in fact be a coon. Liking K Pop doesn't make you a coon, distancing yourself from blackness and black people makes you a coon.
>>
>>6383113
>blackness
What the fuck is blackness?

Also, what is Vogueing and why should I care as a queer?
>>
all the time, my friend. i live in seattle and i'm not even involved with anyone in the lgbt community because the culture just doesn't resonate with me. shit get's pretty isolating. :/
>>
>>6383113
That's what mind fucked me the most I was blown away that it was even a thing! I watched a ton of vogue battles on YouTube but after a while it got kinda boring. She was doing anything like that she was literally just saying she feels like certain black people (her mothers friends and her step father) don't take responsibility and blame a lot of their problems on white people for no real reason. She wasn't even speaking about blacks in General.

>>6383136
See I'm all for supporting lgbt stuff like the vogue thing it was pretty cool but he was also talking about certain things i don't agree with/would never do and then claimed I'm self hating for it. Like how open relationships are a staple for gays and how it's our thing and that me not knowing celeb shit i could care less about or not having sass meant i wasn't being true to who i am also i don't like drag queens and that pissed him off.. But to be fair they remind me of clowns and clowns freak me the fuck out
>>
We also got into it about no fats no fems and this is something i really didn't understand. So his issue was that it's rude and hateful but all the examples he showed me were of grindr profiles.. A hookup app so when i said of course they're gonna put their turn offs since they're literally just trying to have sex he flipped a shit! Like I don't get it. Why get upset about what some random stranger likes or dislikes shouldn't a bigger issue be how self entitled the ones being offended are? That's like me being angry someone won't pet my cat when their allergic to it.
>>
>>6383163
I was her once, that still doesn't negate the fact that racism like homophobia exists still and hinders people and there is enough research to back that up.

Redlining, job discrimination, loans, medical services, etc...
>>6383132
"I'm not like those other girls XD"

Literally trying to distance one's self from who and what they are.

Vogue and the ballroom community is one of the oldest gay communities in the West. It was a black and afrolatino cultural base which has now taken off around the world.

You don't have to like it but if you're an American, Queer identified and are into the gay community and it's history it's a no brainer even if you don't engage in it.
>>
>>6383368
having an lgbt identity doesn't make you "into the gay community" though
>>
>>6383686
That's why I said "AND" meaning it's not implied.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.