[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1451935385100.png (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451935385100.png
152 KB, 500x500
So I'm having a real damn hard time making friends. I don't really know how to go about meeting people.

I'm trans (MTF) I've thought about going to a local gender meeting but I feel intimidated by the other people there. I have an okcupid account but it seems like everyone I message eventually deletes their profile. I've asked some irl cis friends if they want to go play soccer or swim or anything but I always get a no.

Seems like I'm stuck with my circle of friends I've had since high school. Is this just how life goes? I've got some amazing friends but I'd like to meet and get to know other people well. Just not happening.

Where should I be putting my attention? What are socially acceptable places to meet people? Most of my friends moved out west to work. So meeting friends though them is harder now.
>>
Go outside your age group.
>>
>>6380830
Never had friends for longer than 2-3 years in my life and never after I finished school...
You don't know anything about having a hard time.
>>
>>6380830
Meeting people probably isn't your issue, as you've hinted about meeting strangers through okcupid.
>>
>>6380840
Hmmm this seems solid. I do find it easier to get along with people who are 30-40 than 20-30. But I only bump into people like that at parties which I only go to maybe 4 times a year.
>>6380871
wow that's rough. I guess I should be grateful I still got people I've known for 10 years about
>>
>>6380830
i chat to 4channers on skype, but I've been here for 7 years, fml
>>
>>6381127
I wanna go to /soc/ but I'm too ugly...even more so on the inside.
Fuck, best thing I can do in skype is ruin someone's day.
>>
>>6381147
I picked everyone up from /b/, it usually starts off as them wanting nudes, then we chat about life crap. So far I've picked up 2 other trannys.
>>
>>6381127
>>6381147
I've met some cool people on skype but think I'm at my end with that. I have like 40 pending requests that I'm just not interested in sorting though. I got 6 people I settled with and that's turning out to be to many to manage. Really looking for more IRL people.
>Fuck, best thing I can do in skype is ruin someone's day.
Do you mean that in an aggressive way or a low self esteem way?
>>
>>6381172
>Do you mean that in an aggressive way or a low self esteem way?
Both, my moods are pretty volatile. Lately my depressions tend to turn into anger a lot.
>>
I'm way too schizo to make friends desu
>>
>>6380830
show me your butt and I'll be your friend
>>
>>6381195
well thats sad and upsetting
>>
>>6381217
Yeah idk, I seem to have some extremely destructive couple of months every year.
The time between those are usually the period I can keep up contacts.
>>
>>6381217
>>6381243
hit me up you fucking hoes, skype: xfunny_bunny69x
>>
>>6381407
>aus
No thanks
>>
>>6381528
t-that's okay OP, y-your probably too busy to notice me anyway.
>>
>>6380830
Go join your local Neighbors Club.
>>
>>6381603
:c
>>
>>6380830
WTF OP your trans and go swimming?!? do you pass really well or just accept being a boi in a ladies swimsuit? I don't know if I'll ever go swimming again :(
>>
>>6386554
Just wear a top and some shorts. Not a huge deal, you don't gotta wear a bikini. A lot of cis girls won't even.
>>
>>6380830
If you figure this shit out please tell me. I'm stuck with my highschool friends too. I've been told you usually meet your next batch of friends on the job so there's that. Also when engaging in hobbies.
>>
>>6380830
I totally made a ton of friends while working from various coworkers and even random customers at work. You totally just have to engage people in small talk and see where it goes.
>>
>>6380830
>I've asked some irl cis friends if they want to go play soccer or swim or anything but I always get a no.

Dang.

How open are you about your political beliefs (if you have any)? Be aware that extreme liberals are insufferable to anyone that isnt an extreme liberal. If you want friends you need to know when to voice your opinion. This totally goes for right-wingers as well.

Were you socially awkward to begin with? Did you have friends before transitioning?

I mean, I would never dump a friend because they go trans, unless they were the stereotypical tumblr bitch. Maybe you just need better friends?
>>
File: 1461446240427.jpg (66 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
1461446240427.jpg
66 KB, 480x410
>>6380830
MtF is a meme.

Cosmetically speaking, it is visualy true.

Physically speaking it is false, as there is no way for a Male to turn into a Female and suddenly have a period or grow tits and have children.

You are what you are and there is no changing who you are since birth.
>>
>>6386971
>How open are you about your political beliefs
I don't talk about politics with people. It's annoying and I hate when people start spewing stuff at me. I typically leave.

>Were you socially awkward to begin with? Did you have friends before transitioning?
Yeah :c doing a lot better than how I used to be though. I did.

>I mean, I would never dump a friend because they go trans
My childhood friend stopped talking to me after I came out to her. She said "crossdressers are freak me out and are gross, I don't wanna be around them".
>>
File: 1462110946506.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462110946506.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
Fucking hell. I just want someone to play games with.
>>
>>6388001
Play dark souls with me fag. whichever. even demon's.
>>
File: 1458768084551.jpg (30 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1458768084551.jpg
30 KB, 600x399
>>6388242
w-where do you live
I like dark souls. I might get a ps4 next month (I saved up shoppers points) and bloodbourne
>>
>>6388269
Good, can never get enough of bloodborne. i'm up for that too anytime. i live in europe anyway. if you're asking for time zones not a big deal, i have friends overseas and my sleep routine is out of control anyway.
>>
>>6388306
okay so I'm guessing its like 3am ish where you are? what do you play on mostly?
>>
>>6388436
It's past 4am now. i guess i'll be going to bed in an hour or so. in which part of the emerged lands do you reside?
I play on pc mostly, but i have demon's souls and dark souls for ps3 too and ds2 sotfs edition on ps4 along with bloodborne. all of these are also on steam. you're a PC fag too?
>>
>>6388476
I got a steam account and a desktop but I'm a console baby the last couple years. Email me I guess and we can talk more. [email protected]
>>
>>6380830
Protip. Don't make friends with other trans people. They're usually either retarded or very sensitive to critique.

I prefer to hang out with normal people, they at least don't talk about all this gender bullshit.
>>
>>6388515
i wrote you an email chum
>>
>>6388578
I'm slow at responding I:c
>>6388530
Only know two others irl.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.