[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it annoy you when ribbons are used and profile pics are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: arnie-new-photo.png (478 KB, 660x657) Image search: [Google]
arnie-new-photo.png
478 KB, 660x657
Does it annoy you when ribbons are used and profile pics are changed with a rainbow filter to show support? Or do you like it?
And why?
>>
I think it's fine in certain circumstances but LGBT people who make it all of their identity and "allies" that seem like they want to be gay so badly need to fuck off
>>
File: rainbow-kiselev.jpg (41 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-kiselev.jpg
41 KB, 600x449
absolutely gay
>>
just more virtue signaling bullshit, I dont use normie media so miss most of it
>>
Almost literally the LEAST you can do next to nothing. Nice meaningless gesture, asshole!
>>
>>6374059
What would you like them to do then?
>>
>>6374084
They don't have to do anything. Just don't apply a filter and pretend they are doing something.
>>
>>6374103
This.

If you want a filter on your damn facebook picture, do a transparent globe to show your support to the entirety of our globe. Not a fucking french flag or a lgbt flag. Come on, what the fuck.
>>
Filters are always completely and utterly tacky as fuck.

Fuck'em.
>>
>>6374036
I like it when people mean it, they don't most of the time

I used the filter for the paris attack cause I have friends there
>>
It's a false show of support.
>LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY I CARE A LOT. I mean, I'm not actually sure what happened but I saw a friend using a filter so I grabbed it too. SEE HOW MUCH I CARE?
That being said, if they want to stroke their egos that's their business. Doesn't really matter.
>>
File: keep calm and hate.jpg (23 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
keep calm and hate.jpg
23 KB, 500x644
When this happened with the France thing, I unfriended/unfollowed anyone who did it.

I'll be doing the same this time around.
>>
>>6374036
It annoys me because it is trend followers. These same people who jump on any modern political fad are exactly the same kinds who would have been turning gays in under Nazism.
>>
>>6374505
Grumpy cat if you were on my friends list I'm glad you left memelord
>>
>>6374984
>not even greentexting correctly
i think this thread has more than just one memelord
>>
File: gayyyy.png (8 KB, 222x172) Image search: [Google]
gayyyy.png
8 KB, 222x172
>>6374036
depends. like it'd be nice if people would do it now after an attack from the religion of peace (but I doubt anyone is going to do that).

also, when it's people who are connected to a country where legitimate issues do exist (live there, emigrated, or second-generation immigrants), yeah that's nice.

but for most people in western countries? meh
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.