[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Coming Out" Experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 9c0 (1).jpg (43 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
9c0 (1).jpg
43 KB, 600x480
>be me
>closeted transgender and pansexual to most of my family
>friend invites me to go to a LGBT pride fest that's in a couple days
>my mother is very opinionated about LGBT in a negative way
>"as long as my son isn't sucking dicks, he's okay"
>ifonlyyouknew.jpg
>she doesn't know I'm going to the pride fest
>Thinking about coming out to her while I'm at the fest, maybe I'll text her?
>mfw she'd probably beat the shit out of me
What do you guys think? Should I just tell her while I'm at the festival, or in person?
Also, share your personal experiences with coming out to family and friends
>>
>>6372962
sry never had to come out, it was pretty obvious. my mom asked me if i'm sad because of a boy or a girl, i said boy and thats basically how i came out when i was 15.
>>
>>6372962
Idk senpai. I just don't tell anybody, they dont need to know i find twinks attractive.
>>
>>6372962
If you think she'll find out, say something before she does. My parents found out I was trans and didn't take it well. If you're very secretive and can make sure they won't find out until you're independent, then just don't say anything. Say you're going bowling or something.
>>
if shes not with you then shes basically a fuckidiot who doesnt deserve you running shit like that by her
be u op
>>
>>6372962
>pansexual.

Because bi is not edgy enough.
>>
>>6372962
Just get your pic in the local paper like I did. :) March and hold a banner.
>>
posted this before, happened a month ago or so

>be me, 7.5 mo hrt
>not out to family because parents are fucking loco + total hon
>recently changed facebook avatar to pic of me in goth makeup
>sister messages me on FB one night
>is more suspicious than my parents, says stuff about lgbt issues when I'm visiting sometimes to stir the shit
>after talking for a while she mentions my new avatar and says "so what trans groups and stuff do you go to"
>freaking the fuck out internally wait what does she know how the fuck can she know, she's never been that outright about it before
>deflect it by saying I'm gonna get dinner, try to put it out of my mind
>ff to next morning
>she's really butch and has a tumblr and stuff so normally when she accuses me of being gay and stuff I retort by telling her "you know it's okay if you come out as FtM, I won't tell anyone" and pulling that whole bit in total earnest to see how she likes being interrogated over stuff like that
>posts a pic showing off her friend's dog today
>"hi woman"
>realise she's wearing one of my shirts in the pic
>"oh I see you're just deflecting it onto me because you're finding it harder and harder to repress your FtM urges" etc.
>"omg shut up" etc. a few times over, then "shut up you mtf hoe"
>"my avatar pic? it's just my goth phase idgi"
>"you look like a woman, you are trans af"
>"just because I have tits and stuff doesn't mean I'm trans, I'm considering it might be a chromosomal thing if anything"
>"nah you're trans"
>"p-please I couldn't ever be a woman lol, have you see my jaw"
>"there's always surgery"
>proceeds to tell me about FFS
>"but I don't have that kind of money"
>"you look like a girl anyway last time I saw you so you'd better get used to it"

>TFW NOT SURE WHETHER SHE KNOWS OR IS JUST BEING A SNARKY LITTLE SHIT

>tfw dad keeps asking stuff like "are you on hormones", "do you still feel like a boy" etc. really angrily
>>
>>6378211
Quit lying to your family, they already know, they may not approve but at least they're still talking to you
>>
>>6378211
You might want to look into other places to live if this continues, I'm serious. If you think they really might do something other than harass you if you got caught, be careful.
>>
>>6378836
>>6378885
It should be alright, I'm living with them for a few more weeks 'cause my uni lease ended a while before my lease for my new place began, but I'll be moving out after that for good on my own money and I'll prolly come out then
>>
>>6372962
Jesus christ kid, how old are you? Get off 4chan
>>
I was eating lunch with my mom and told her as if it was nothing at all. She took it well, as I expected. I also came out to my brother. He was more bewildered than my mom, thinking I was just joking, but then he accepted it. I still have to come out to my dad; my mom told me to wait, because we both know he will kick me out of the house or never talk to me again. I think my sister will take it well too, but I have yet to tell her because I feel like she will act very hypocritical about it.
>>
>>6380678
I'm curious what you mean by hypocritical. Sorry about your dad by the way it sounds like you and your mom have a good relationship
>>
I'M SCARED THAT I'M NOT JUST LOOKING AT THIS THREAD DUE TO A WEIRD CURIOSITY.

I'M SCARED THAT I'M STARTING TO FEEL THINGS BUBBLE TO THE SURFACE THAT I THOUGHT I HAD PUT ASIDE A LONG TIME AGO.

I'M SCARED THAT I THINK I JUST REALIZED THAT I'VE BEEN GROWING MY HAIR OUT TO LOOK MORE LIKE A GIRL.

I'M SCARED THAT I'LL ACTUALLY GO THROUGH WITH THIS AND END UP BEING ESTRANGED FROM MY FAMILY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I'M SCARED THAT THE ONLY INFO I CAN FIND ON THE TRANSITION PROCESS IS SJW-TIER SHIT AND PASTEBIN DUMPS.
>>
>>6380707
I mean, my sister is the type of person that would see two gay guys kissing on the street and say "WOW! YOU GO GUYS! SO PROUD OF YOU!" even though she has nothing to do with them and she is not even gay. I don't really want people to make a big fuss of me being gay. I just want people to accept it and get over it, without treating my preferences like something special. And yeah, I absolutely love my mom. She and my brother mean the world to me; heck, I would even die for my dad, even though he would be disgusted by my preferences.
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 1280x1707
I was in the same situation a while back. Your situation doesn't sound dire. You're not on anything, you're not with a man, etc etc.

The only tip and/or trick I know for coming out to opinionated family, ESPECIALLY if you live with them, especially especially if you're not on anything/with anyone: do not. Do Not. DO. NOT.

It's never never ever never never ever ever never ever worth it.
>>
>be marine, 20, closet trans pre everything
>yes, I'm megamind from a few months ago
>still in closet, check in to new unit 3 weeks ago
>depressed past few months
>dont see future
>last monday try to an hero
>cut wrists, bleeding
>sort of out of it
>suddenly snap back to reality
>pick up phone call 911
>ambulance comes to barracks, take me to hospital
>whole story comes out to nurse
>put in psyche ward
>calm down over the week, pull myself together
>therapy bullshit and stuff
>begin to improve condition
>mfw therapys helping with depression a little
>today get discharged from hospital
>go back to unit this afternoon, not getting out of the corps
>CO calls me in to his office
>i know you're trans, its k
>nurse had to report it to him
>same talk with gunny
>same talk with SSGT
>jesus fuck does everyone know?
>everyone knows
>word spread fast on the lcpl underground that I'm trans and tried to an hero
>out to whole fucking company
Tomorrows gonna suck. Everyone knows.
>>
>>6383115

At least they seem to be ok with it

Good luck anon
>>
>>6383115
I hope you're able to clench those ass muscles tight, and don't drop the soap after PT.
>>
File: 1465815675916.jpg (23 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
1465815675916.jpg
23 KB, 236x354
>20
>living in my own flat
>text mum
>"btw, im gay"
>get text back
>"alright."
>meet up with her the next day
>she asks if I have a bf
>nah
>she and dad have been chill for the last two years

Not everything has to be a drama guys
>>
i came out today when i realized my sexuality gave me bonus power when convincing liberals we need to ban islam
>>
File: 20160614_075816.jpg (265 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160614_075816.jpg
265 KB, 640x480
>>6383115
>tfw sitting in waiting room of mental health clinic
>>
>>6372962
>be me
>walk into a club
>happy i finnally accepted that i'm gay
>guy comes in screaming allahu akbar
>blood everywhere

is... is this what it's like?
>>
>>6380755
If you're for real go on reddit.com/r/asktransgender because they're legitimately helpful. This is more of a circlejerk lol
>>
File: 1455111896609.jpg (55 KB, 354x299) Image search: [Google]
1455111896609.jpg
55 KB, 354x299
>>6387988
>>
>>6383115
That's fucked. Be well. I wonder how they'll take it.
>>
>>6383115
>not lying to everyone
I was put in a psyche ward and I told them nothing
>>
>>6387988
>reddit
>not a circlejerk
the fuck are you on about m8
>>
>finally decide to come out to my mother after being encouraged by a really close friend
>hesitate and delay for half an hour
>finally manage to muster up the courage
>"o, I thought it was going to be something worse"

smooth sailing here, though I'm not sure how the rest of my family is going to take it.
>>
>shooting the breeze with my alcoholic mom
>she's talking about drinking
>"all alcohol does is lower your inhibitions. you just become more honest"
>"you know why I think that's wrong, mom?"
>"why"
>"because if my drunk self is my real self and I'm just being fake when I'm sober, that means I'm actually gay"
>>
>Talk with school principal and school counselor
>convince them to help me come out to my dad because I'm scared he would yell at me because he has a temper
>everything goes perfectly fine

>Months later
>Is currently trying to convince me to get braces before I go on HRT to delay it and in general convince me I'm not a trans

I'm not sure how i feel about it
>>
>>6372962

>What do you guys think? Should I just tell her while I'm at the festival, or in person?

Tell her when you're financially independent from her.
>>
>>6372962
Well, everyone knew already. I were trying to hide it, but they still realized it by my appearance, mannerism & stuff like that.

>My mom
>I decided to write a letter and give it to her on my 18th birthday
>She founds it a month before
>Sorry, I don't understand
Year passes by, I'm moving out:
>That's okay. I just want you to be happy, I will handle a stepfather for you when you will come visit us next year

>My brother
>He finds my post on reddit
>He knew it since I was a small kid

>My sister
>She finds my diary
>I knew

>Friends
>Yeah, it makes sense
>We kinda knew about it

Well, could be worse
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.