[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>while browsing a random board, some anon posts a drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: 1398122686611.jpg (298 KB, 884x902) Image search: [Google]
1398122686611.jpg
298 KB, 884x902
>while browsing a random board, some anon posts a drawing of a cute girl
>a feeling that you've managed to repress for quite a while starts creeping up
>tfw you will never be a girl

What is the meaning of this? Why does this keep happening? How does it go away? I don't think I'm even remotely trans, I don't think I'm in the wrong body or anything. I'm just a guy that can't get over the fact that whatever I may or may not become in the future, 'a girl' will never be on that list of things, and for some reason it just breaks my heart.

Any advice /lgbt/?
>>
>>6344972
Why are you reluctant to be trans,if you want to be a girl? I think its a natural conclusion. Or maybe non -binary or gender fluid works for you?
>>
>>6344972
If you don't have constant dysphoria, or if your own reflection doesn't disgust you you're not trans.

don't fuck up anon
>>
>>6344972

The human in me says you could drop by /agpg/

The 4channer in me says you're baiting for shits and giggles

:\
>>
>>6345025
Life's not that simple m8. These things come at various intensities. Telling someone "yes" or "no" when the answer is "maybe? figure shit out" is irresponsible.
>>
>>6345035
... It is that simple when you're debating changing your entire life and appearance.
>>
>>6344972
Don't fall for the tranny meme. You can never be a girl.
It sucks but you're trans. Don't transition though. That shit's retarded.
>>
>>6345042
You can't tell that from one paragraph. The only thing you CAN tell is that person, for some reason, thinks they might prefer to be of the other gender. You could be right but if you're not that's just bad advice.
>>
>>6345066
AGP/transtrender detected
>>
>>6345076
Nice argument there family.
>>
>>6345082
>>6345082
>I don't think i'm even remotely trans
>I don't think i'm in the wrong body

ok
>>
>>6345025
>If you don't have constant dysphoria,

I don't even know what that means which means I probably don't have it.

>if your own reflection doesn't disgust you

I'm afraid it does, but I don't think being a man is the reason for it.

>don't fuck up anon

I'll try. Thanks.

>The human in me says you could drop by /agpg/

I don't know what that is, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

>4channer in me says you're baiting for shits and giggles

I wish I was.

>Why are you reluctant to be trans,if you want to be a girl?

I don't think I'm reluctant to be trans. It's just my understanding that being trans comes with a lot more 'symptoms' than 'wanting to be a girl'.

>Don't transition though. That shit's retarded.

I don't have any plans to do that. I'm just trying to find out what's the matter with me, and potentially come up with some resolution long-term that'll allow me to be happy with who or what I am.
>>
>>6345088
>Persistently get sad at thoughts like "I'll never be a girl"
>"But there's no way I'm possibly trans, right? I feel fine with my body so it can't be, right? Haha.. better ask on /lgbt/.."
You're right there's no way anyone trans would do this. TruTrans(C) individuals always knew and never changed their minds about anything.
>>
>>6345091

Page 4
>>
>>6344972
>>6345091
Do the research Anon. Figure this shit out. Don't take any definite answers at this point. It could go either way. If you can try to go to an actual therapist for a session or two.

The only thing I can tell you is that a lot of people felt like you and then just stopped feeling this way at some point and went on to lead normal lives while in others the feeling intensified until they had to change their gender to feel good with themselves.
>>
>>6345108
i'm sorry you like your dick (.!)
>>
>>6345145
>Run out of arguments
>Insults other person
wew
>>
File: 1465288770473.jpg (36 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
1465288770473.jpg
36 KB, 520x416
>>6344972
Get help if you don't have the balls to swap
>>
>>6345154
I'm sorry you're forming your own obscure argument based around your own insecurities and bringing yourself farther and farther away from your original point.

OP already responded and confirmed he's not trans, not was he seeking to be verified as such with his post.

I'm sorry you've been mislead.
>>
>>6345168
>I'm sorry you're forming your own obscure argument based around your own insecurities and bringing yourself farther and farther away from your original point.
My "original point" is that different people work differently so you can't give a conclusive diagnosis based on one incredibly ambivalent paragraph.

>OP already responded and confirmed he's not trans
Man psychologists have a real easy job if this is all it takes to make someone figure out their gender identity.

>I'm sorry you've been mislead.
That I'm responding to you does not mean that I've been rused, just that I think the OP doesn't understand that you're being a dick on purpose so I better actually show why you're wrong.
>>
>>6344972
I'm going to suggest something irresponsible.

If this sort of thing keeps happening, then something is the matter, and you should go give a therapist/social worker/counselor some cash to listen and stay quiet about what you're going through. Talk honestly about anything but self-harm, or intended harm against others you could conceivably harm, and they will not be able to speak about it to others.

The experience, and their questions, will probably help you a lot more than sticking your head in /lgbt/'s many echo chambers. It's your voice you need to hear more clearly, not ours.
>>
>>6345193
He doesn't have dysphoria about his body, and feels fine with it. I don't know what else to tell you, if you wanna slap boobs on yourself just for the kicks be my guest.

You're not showing OP anything, you're just saying "well, maybe you secretly want to cut ur dick off u never no lol" and shouting memes back at me.
>>
>>6345199

Now there's sensible advice.

I myself think that shrinks stink, but I guess there are times when they can come in handy
>>
It means you're an agp fetishist like 90% of the 'we are all little girls' memers on /a/.
>>
>>6345204
Look, persistently getting sad at the thought of never being able to become a woman and being unable to repress such thoughts is not exactly common among cis people. There are all kinds of possible explanations for this including some where the OP is not trans. The responsible thing to do is investigate. Ideally see an actual therapist. Not jump to a conclusion.
>>
>>6345216
>when I see a drawing of a cute girl
>I see a drawing of a cute girl
>see a drawing of a cute girl
>a drawing of a cute girls
>a drawing
>persistently
>>
>>6345229
Yes, OP implied that this ONLY happens when he sees drawings of cute girls and at no other time.
>>
>>6345206
I despise that they are present and mandated in the care of persons confident in their heath decisions and life choices, but I am fond of their use in situations where they do not posses authority over the identity and well-being of a patient. Without the power imbalance and openness to abuse, their service of confidential listening and provision of education and strategies for living are better than neutral. In my opinion, of course.
>>
>>6345199
>you should go give a therapist/social worker/counselor some cash

That's probably a good idea. I wasn't counting on /lgbt/ as a substitute for any real counseling, I just had this for such a long time and never dealt with it in any way or form, and you gotta start somewhere.

I figured, if there's a board that has experience with this kind of stuff, it's probably this one.

>>6345209
>It means you're an agp fetishist like 90% of the 'we are all little girls' memers on /a/.

I looked that up, but I don't think that's it. It's really not a sexual thing for me. It's more about self-perception and how others perceive you.

People just perceive men and women differently, and for some reason I just feel like who I am and what being a man let's others see in me are two different things that are very difficult to reconcile. (not a native speaker of English, so I'm not a 100% if reconcile works here)

I realize that I can be who I want to be no matter what my body looks like (although there are repercussions for it), but I feel like there's a certain limit that you cannot overcome. That if I were a woman it would be so much easier for me to be who I am and for others to see me as who I am.
>>
>>6345293
We certainly know about our own experience. Cis or trans, though, we're all quite prone to projecting them on others. I certainly do it enough! I'm glad you're taking what's said with a grain of salt - it's a pretty healthy habit in face of conflicting visions of yourself.

As to your comment, your words aren't the "popular" ones, but they convey that there's a disconnect, or incongruity between how you perceive yourself / wish to be perceived, and how your maleness affects the way the world interprets you. You feel like to an extent, this might be insurmountable. Does that sound about like what you meant?
>>
Because the persona you adopted on an Siberian fox racing forum is cute and attractive while the real life you is probably hairy and butt ugly. You're depressed over the fact that you'll never live up to the perfection you projected for other ugly fat neckbeards.
>>
>>6345335
>Does that sound about like what you meant?

That sounds about right. It's just hard to explain it eloquently in a foreign language. I don't think I "am a woman in a man's body' or anything like that. I just feel like who I am and what being a man means in this world is a very poor match, and it just saddens me that I have to live the entirety of the only life I'll have never experiencing what it would be like to win that coinflip at the start of your life.

I mean, you don't always get what you want in life, but this is such a fundamental, personal matter that shapes your entire existence that it's really hard to just shrug it off and move on.

>>6345375
>Because the persona you adopted on an Siberian fox racing forum is cute and attractive

I don't have any 'persona', I'm fine with who I am as a person. And it's not neccessarily about being a 'cute' girl, although it never hurts to be cute. (just imagine the smiley face being here)

>the real life you is probably hairy and butt ugly

I am neither hairy, nor a neckbeard. I am at a healthy weight and reasonably fit. I could be better looking though, so I give you that.
>>
>>6345533
>I don't have any 'persona', I'm fine with who I am as a person.
>seriously claiming this when you avatarfag as an anime girl
Add delusion to the list
>>
>>6345564
>you avatarfag as an anime girl

Anon, you are scaring me. Do I do this in my sleep? Am I sleepavatarfagging? Or what's the reason I am not aware of it?
>>
>>6345573
This board, unsurprisingly, has a lot of trolls.
>>
It's over, OP. Your bell has rung.
>>
>>6345573
Short term memory loss would be my guess. Do you remember who made this thread?

Fucking retard

>inb4 b-b-but that's doesn't count as avatarfagging
>inb4 arguing semantics
>>
>>6345611
Nigger you have to use an image at the beginning of the thread, usually that has something to do with what you're posting, and this happens to be a site where anime is popular. Like what's the dude supposed to do, use a reaction image of a sad potato? Plus it's only avatarfagging if you keep doing it, if a single anime image at the start of a thread were avatarfagging it wouldn't be against the rules.
>>
File: 1446627890014.gif (80 KB, 623x626) Image search: [Google]
1446627890014.gif
80 KB, 623x626
>>6345611
>inb4 b-b-but that's doesn't count as avatarfagging

It doesn't. You know it. I know it. I know that you know it. You know that I know it.

>>6345641

This guy knows it.

Are you gonna keep masterbaiting, anon?
>>
>>6345641
>>6345657
>hitting all the inb4s
Literally zero shame huh? I'm right and you fucking know it, you degenerate weeaboo trash. Transition now and kill yourself when you fail to pass thanks.
>>
>>6345641
>>
>>6345707
you_tried.jpg
>>
>>6345778
I really did. I want to make funny MS paint images and become a professional memester. I had hoped that the low quality of them will ironically be considered a virtue since it makes them funnier.
>>
>>6345707
Nice.

>>6345778
Fuck you this is easily one of the best posts on this God forsaken board.
>>
>>6345707
10/10 a new era of potato-inspired autogynepilia is born
>>
File: 12354874164.jpg (165 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
12354874164.jpg
165 KB, 1400x1400
>>6345707
>>
>>6345677
okay newfag.

avatar fags post a anime picture every post they make
>>
>>6345239
I couldn't really add anything significant to that. I agree.

>>6345533
>I realize that I can be who I want to be no matter what my body looks like (although there are repercussions for it), but I feel like there's a certain limit that you cannot overcome. That if I were a woman it would be so much easier for me to be who I am and for others to see me as who I am.

That's pretty much agp-ish.

Doesn't sound too intense tho (which is easier for you)

Don't buy into this shit:
>>6345209

AGP/AAP is overly maligned, simplified, misunderstood, and woefully under-researched.
>>
>>6346146
Do you have a clear definition for AGP, or are you just throwing it around randomly hoping it will stick? Because you're certainly not using Blanchard's bullshit, even if what you've conjured up hardly smells better.
>>
Different anon here.

I want to be a girl so I can be a virtuous person.

I know I'm not trans though, just messed up in the head.
>>
>>6346263
>I want to be a girl so I can be a virtuous person.
>virtuous

1: potent, efficacious

a : having or exhibiting virtue
b : morally excellent : righteous

3 : chaste

None of that requires being a girl.
>>
>>6345091
You literally described the feeling of dysphoria in the first post.

It's having negative feelings around your gender.
>>
>>6346206

Whew... I'm both glad and terrified that you asked that question.

I don't have a reliable, scientifically backed definition... yet ;) I'm still going through all the literature and testimonials I can find on the issue and related issues. But I'll try my hand at a PROVISIONAL, ASS-PULLED definition:

-Recurring desires of acquiring traits associated to the complementary gender without significant body dysphoria.
-Recurring mental imagery of oneself as the complementary gender

(please bear with me with the "complementary gender" shit, you know what I'm trying to convey)

I actually want to try and come up with proper Scientifickal hypotheses that can be proven or refuted, and I have some friends who are already into psychological and behavioral research, some of them interested in gender issues, who could help me.

Blanchard got two things right: Pointing at the phenomenon, and a decent name.

The things he got dearly wrong, in my eyes: Disregarding autoandrophilia, which is essentially the same phenomenon; and identifying autoginephilia (remember: AAP doesn't even real!) entirely with a fetish. Oh, well, and maligning fetishes.

To be honest, I haven't really delved into Blanchard's work yet, because his work and influence seems controversial and backwards; but I'll get to him soon enough.

The way I see it, the usefulness of the term resides in that by itself, it simply denotes a psychological/behavioral phenomenon: it doesn't say whether the person to whom it happens is cis or trans, nor does it imply a particular sexual orientation. It can be used as a starting point to make sense of yourself without automatically pinning a label on yourself or making you feel like you have to fit some mold.

Feel free to (metaphorically) skin me alive, this shit needs improvement.
>>
File: agpotato.png (70 KB, 999x1000) Image search: [Google]
agpotato.png
70 KB, 999x1000
>>6345823
>>
>>6349289
>tfw someone has outdone you in the span of 8 hours
Why am I still here? Just to suffer? Even the title pun is better than mine. I am ruined.
>>
>>6345707
Cute.
>>
>>6349303
time to drown your sorrows in estrogen ;^)
>>
>>6348211
Another /agp/dweller here and while I think Blanchard got many things wrong you're somewhat misrepresenting his views. First of all he did state that AGP can cause Dysphoria in some cases and supported transitioning as a last resort treatment. Second, he didn't exactly malign fetishes in his work. Just in his daily life. An important distinction for a scientist.
>>
>>6349326
Well, unless you consider the whole "btw these are mental illnesses" angle which I guess you could consider maligning the conditions but if we are to be honest I think that transsexuality is *some* kind of an illness in the sense that healthy people have a body they're happy with.
>>
>>6349343
no, that's you maligning mental illnesses
>>
>>6349326
What I said was "without significant body dysphoria"

Please remember that I haven't done any research yet, all of these are ASS-PULLS and not Scientifickally backed.

I'm aware that AGP/AAP *can* lead to dysphoria, but I don't want trans to think I'm stomping on their turf. And if body dysphoria rears it's ugly head, that's a much bigger concern than AGP/AAP.

What did I try to convey?

An individual experiencing AGP/AAP is likely to also experience a certain degree of low-intensity body dysphoria, but this is more likely to make them neglect and disregard their body rather than outright hating it.

Individuals experiencing AGP/AAP are more likely to suffer social and behavioral dysphoria without associated body dysphoria.

Also, these people aren't necessarily overall social failures, but they ARE *homosocial* failures.

AAP girls fail in all-girls environments, AGP guys fail in all-guys environments; but this failure to adapt doesn't necessarily extend into mixed environments or one-on-one relationships (of any sort).
>>
File: hatsune miku00210.jpg (78 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
hatsune miku00210.jpg
78 KB, 700x700
>>6345116
>there is a searchable catalog that shows every active thread as a thumbnail and people still use the paged view
>>
>>6350395
>social and behavioral dysphoria
>fail in homosocial environments

Literally same desu senpai
>>
>>6350465
I always use the catalog, and I have /agpg/ pinned, it was just a way of pointing it, "page 4" also tells you that it's more or less in the middle of the catalog.
>>
>>6350483

I KNOW RIGHT ? :_D

Other, often overlooked components are:

-Not so much wanting to be the complementary gender as NOT wanting to be your obvious one
-Failure or difficulty at "animating" your body in the way expected of your obvious gender
-Outright rejection of stereotypical activities and attitudes of your obvious gender

The two last points are incredibly obvious in tomboys... in which cross-gender imagery is also common to find
>>
>>6350760
Understandable I suppose
>>
>>6344972
I was much like this when I was much younger. While in middle school this thought came up a lot, and the thought of it made me depressed to all hell. Then around high school is when that feeling got worst and worst. I'm currently 3 months HRT and to be honest, I've felt nothing but glad that I did kinda talk to someone about it. I suggest taking >>6345128 's advice and talk to a therapist about this. Maybe you're trans, or maybe genderfluid. Best to talk to a therapist.
>>
>>6344972
Repressing doesn't work trust me I have tried until I was 19 and it never worked

Recently started hormones thanks to an anon and a few other people's help and it is helping
>>
>>6353001
>Inb4 hon/tool8m8outta8 comments

So l will add that I am still currently 19
>>
File: 1436991038236.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436991038236.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>le anime girls turned me trans!
>>
>>6346286
He implied he is messed up in the head. He might have this weird preconception that males are inherently evil, or something.
>>
File: 1464960022818.jpg (34 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1464960022818.jpg
34 KB, 540x720
>>6344972
It means you are a faggot
>>
>>6356646
>that picture
what did she mean by this
>>
>>6356646
That'd be the most disgusting thing I've seen today if I hadn't seen a webm of a pointblank headshot after 00:00
>>
>>6344972
Sounds like you have AGP, pham. I'm the same way as you only I'm actually transitioning.
>>
>>6357186
>disgusting
>centipede mommy with babies
Please take your entomophobia out of my safe space
>>
File: 1451776268539.gif (186 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451776268539.gif
186 KB, 200x200
>>6356646
>>
>>6345042
why do people like this exist?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.