[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By how much do Hormone treatments reduce your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Pills-1.jpg (29 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
Pills-1.jpg
29 KB, 650x433
Serious question, how dangerous is Estrogen for men?

Is it true that it can split your life span in half if you start taking it in your 20s and even more if pre-puberty?
>>
>>6315035
generally you have about 10 years to live after starting
>>
>>6315040
I call bullshit.
>>
>>6315035
It'll kill you in 2-6 weeks.

Really though, it's unlikely to have any significant effect on your lifespan. Anti-androgens have much more significant long-term health risks than most forms of estrogen do, so it'd be worthwhile getting an orchi if you aren't going to have SRS. But aside from having similar health risks to cis women (*cough* breast cancer *cough*), estrogen is very safe.

That said, being transgender will definitely shave years off your life statistically, accounting for suicide rates, mental health issues, socioeconomic factors, etc..
>>
>>6315035
I'm not sure about the newer bio identical estrogens, but back in the day the hrt pills use to give women and trannies cancer. That's how candy darling died, she got cancer from hrt
>>
>>6315078

How would doctors even know how big the health concerns are if only recently large amounts of people have started taking HRT pills + earlier in their life span.

Surely we can't tell until this generation grows up and experiences the long terms side effects?
>>
>>6315099
You act like trans people are taking magic special medication.

Plenty of cis women take estrogen, and plenty of cis men have some reason to take cyproterone/spironolactone/whatever.
>>
>>6315106
Sure, but a biological man taking estrogen might yield different health ramifications than a biological woman taking estrogen.
>>
>>6315113
You're right that doctors don't understand the effects of hormones very well yet, but from what we know, it's unlikely that taking estrogen (well, estradiol valerate, and most forms that aren't premarin) long-term will have any more side-effects than if it were being naturally produced by the body.

Key words being "what we know". From what we know, there's no real difference (beyond genitalia changes) in how biological males and females react to sex hormones, nor is there any reason to suspect a difference.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>6315035
MtFs live longer than men thanks to estrogen. It's confirmed. You just need to care about your body more due to increased risk of blood clots.
>>
It doesn't have any as far as science is concerned. There's hasn't been any studies on it.
>>
>>6315035
>>6315040
>>6315113
literally bullshit

if you're under 25 it's almost assuredly going to lengthen your lifespan

assuming your body isn't immune to your AA, curbing your T to a usual women's level will just make you a sterile eunuch

HRT is dangerous really only if you are old, literally overdosing on E, are or allergic or have serious side effects to the anti-androgen, which is usually quite noticeable within the first couple weeks of taking it, and really deadly only by means of clots and deep vein thrombosis if you don't know to exercise and have the metabolism of an overweight cigarette smoking 40 year old weeaboo neet on welfare

after that the only thing doctors are really concerned about is the same shit cis women have to worry about - minus the ovaries because you don't have any, so really just watching out for cancer caused by estrogen in your breasts
>>
>>6318556
overdosing on either E or AA's*
>>
File: eh.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
Nigga please, if anything prolonged exposure to testosterone kills you.

Having testosterone in your body reduces your life by 5 years by default which is why every man should be forced to take estrogen.

#FemboyNation
>>
>>6318587

>No distracting sex drive or inopportune erections
Sounds good, not like I'm going to do anything with my dick (besides masturbation)

>Softer and less oily skin, less facial / body hair, slower male pattern baldness (if any)
Sounds great

>Muscle atrophy
My job isn't too physical

As a typical pathetic friendless KV robot, should I just start taking hormones? I already look like a skinny faggot but I'm too ugly to be feminine, so nobody would confuse me for a transsexual or anything
>>
What happens to a transwoman when she is taking hrt past the age of menopause in a ciswoman? Assuming the transwoman has been on HRT since early adulthood.
>>
>>6318711
menopause is when the ovaries stop making estrogen no? I dont think menopause age has anything to do with what a trans person will be like at that age?
>>
>>6318711
hrt is literally what they give post menopausal women to continue their hormone flow so they don't get old and die
>>
Stop mutilating your bodies
>>
File: bambi_2005_b_m.jpg (34 KB, 233x350) Image search: [Google]
bambi_2005_b_m.jpg
34 KB, 233x350
>>6318711
Trans girl stays pretty longer.

(pic) This tranny is 70 in this pic. She's 80 now.
>>
>>6315882
This. E reduces the risk of heart disease.

There is a slight increase in clotting risk
And maybe cancer, but thats not proven.
>>
>>6318750
Hmmm No.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po77bJk1DdI
>>
>>6319720
this is false
clotting/vascular issues will lead to heart attacks
>>
There is -some- cancer risk, but it's no greater than the risk of other medications like antidepressants.

It's really fine otherwise. Reminder HRT was originally developed for elderly women in menopause.
>>
>>6315882
Even then, "care about your body" literally just means exercise and don't be a fat fuck.
>>
File: Hnnng.jpg (665 KB, 1280x1228) Image search: [Google]
Hnnng.jpg
665 KB, 1280x1228
>>6315040

I'm a month away from my 11-year mark and doin' good. Next year I get to turn into a wizard/fairy.
>>
>implying it matters how much lifespan hrt shaves off

srsly, forced to live as a male, it's quite the better deal to be dead tbqh.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.