[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for crossdressers, femboys and transitioners: Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gp568975-00vliv01.jpg (24 KB, 520x693) Image search: [Google]
gp568975-00vliv01.jpg
24 KB, 520x693
Question for crossdressers, femboys and transitioners: Where do you get your clothes?

I usually buy off clearance racks at stores, but the incredible social anxiety it gives me is driving me to the internet. I briefly checked Amazon but everything seems expensive as fuck. Any good sites you can recommend?
>>
>>6311493
Depends on what you are looking for. I don't really get all serious into crossdressing, I wear leggings, skin-tight jeans, denim booty shorts, and a few other white girl clothes. You may think all eyes are on you when you shop for these, but in reality, they are not.

If you are looking to buy a dress or something, it may be slightly different.

Or just get a friend to buy for you.
>>
My top three: Uniqlo, SSENSE, Farfetch.

Check the /fa/ sticky. They have a catalog of stores from inexpensive to luxurious.
>>
>>6311514
I shop for everything. It gets weird when I'm going through the intimates section or holding different dresses up to myself to see how they look/feel.

>>6311535
That's rad, thanks anon.
>>
>>6311493
I shop at Long Tall Sally since I am 6'1 and have big feet
>>
>>6311493
stores first since i like to feel the fabric, stretch and cut. an actual visualization up close also helps coordinate how to work with such clothes. also the off chance of spotting random ones that i might like, easier to check for problems for second handed stuff and waiting for shipping is always shit.

online only for long and tall sizes not carried in stores, plus shoes. or laziness when it's roasting or freezing outside. mostly retail store's online sites due to easier return process and amazon for the variety.
>>
By the way, just so we're clear, the people who work at clothing stores do not give a shit about you.

You're not the only guy who comes in to buy panties or whatever. You're probably one of a dozen or so regulars depending on where you live. People might think it's funny but they don't actually care.
>>
File: ross_store_front.jpg (40 KB, 487x295) Image search: [Google]
ross_store_front.jpg
40 KB, 487x295
frugal genderqueer here

I shop at Ross, DDs or other discount outlets. especially for out-of-season stuff, I can get some pretty nice clothes for under $10-20

it's taken me awhile to get confident enough in my presentation to browse for awhile and even use the fitting rooms (the male ones because lol trans bigotry violence), but if you can afford to forego fitting you can pretend you're shopping for a partner and then you look thoughtful instead of gender-dangerous.

like mumble about 'what she'd like' or pretend to text pictures of things or w/e; as someone else said, no one who works there cares

, but I do worry these days about ignorant americans who think dudes in dresses wanna go in school bathrooms or something
>>
Never went shopping for womens clothes before, i have 21" wide shoulders(deltoid to deltoid), 48" chest, does that put me way beyond most plus sizes?
>>
>>6311493
The Value Village in the east end of Toronto.
>>
>>6312305
Oh shit there is one 10 minutes from me how have I not known about it?
>>
Thanks for the advice and encouragement anons

>>6312287
You're gonna have to look on the higher end of things for sure. Buying discount stuff I imagined might fit and trying them on at home is how I found my sizes. I'm 17" shoulders and 35" chest for comparison, and I still wear a girls medium usually. Girls sizes are super weird and inconsistent, so winging it is literally the only strategy.
>>
Femboy here. I buy most of my clothes offline from Forever 21 or New Look, those kinds of places. Online I like Yesstyle. I fit into a standard women's M when it comes to shirts and size 8 (UK) jeans so I don't have any problems finding clothes that fit.

Actually, I have a lot of problems finding mens clothes that fit - especially pants.

I used to feel anxious about buying women's clothes, but I also used to feel anxious about buying clothes in general, so in the end it doesn't really matter to me either way. Also, 90% of the time I'm wearing women's clothes when I'm out anyway so feeling strange about buying the same kind of clothes that I'm currently wearing seems silly.
>>
Most of my clothes came from my friends, mom, Wal-Mart and rue 21.
>>
Mostly I just feel weird browsing in the section. Checkout isn't too bad but it's getting looks from girls when I see something I like and omg over it.

>browsing in tunics
>see veggie yellow tunic
>reach for it
>so does other girl
>looks at me
>I look at her
>sneers at me;
>'does this look like it would fit you?'
>'well fine bitch it won't fix those kankles though'
>lol fuck off
>>
>>6311493
Depends on your style choices, but ModCloth is okay for some stuff since you can input your personal measurements and see what things like-sized people have bought, as well as see photos from other buyers wearing said item.
>>
>>6311493
I shop at Wal Mart. The looks I get get me off. I get off at Wal Mart
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.