[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyproterone Acetate and changes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20160518_141333.png (226 KB, 914x964) Image search: [Google]
20160518_141333.png
226 KB, 914x964
Hi all,

So I made the switch over a week ago. From 150mg spiro a day to now 25mg cyprotone acetate.

Literally just a week in and I already noticed my breasts getting sore and slowly getting bigger, skin turning lighter and softer. Weird one is i use to see the veins stick out of my hand a bit, but now they dont. Didnt think that was possible. Also noticed i gain weight much easier and body hair is growing much slower.

Didnt think all this would be possible with just being a week in from the switch.... anyone had similar experiences? If so, I heard people saying their body hair completely stopped growing after switching to cypro, can anyone confirm this? hope that happens to me lol.

Curious to see how everyone else reacted after switching to cypro. I kinda find the quick reaction to it a bit scary.
>>
>>6310682
Ahhh! Same here!! Ive been on hrt for a couple years and i didnt expect much either. This definitely blew my mind. For sure this feels wayyyyy better. I have no idea why, but i forgot to add that i actually have way more energy now. On spiro i would tired for some reason. Best part is that i dont have to keep going to the bathroom now lol. I cant wait to see what other changes occur since its only been a week.
>>
>>6310854
Oh wow, hey i did the same thing! I switched to injections about 2 months ago. I should try switching back to pills after some time to see if i get the same results lol. If you dont mind me asking, whats the dosage of E are you taking via pills? Is it estrofem or prescribed brand.

Thanks for sharing all the info too! Now i cant wait to hit that 1 and 2 month mark!
>>
>tfw cypro is banned in the U.S. because of FDA bullshit and I have to settle for shit tier Spiro until I get my balls cut out of me

Fuck this country.
>>
>>6310980
Thanks again! Yeah, I will stay on inections for a while. That end of week slump is noticeable too, I dont like that feeling, but getting used to it. Its like a rollercoaster.

>>6310989

Im from the US too lol, I just said f it and just bought it off inhouse pharmacy. I got the 50mg ones and i just split em. I just hope my endo doesnt find out lol.
>>
Doesnt cypro depress you really hard? Its the only reason I'm on spiro.

Also, isnt bicatulamide better than both in general?
>>
>>6311048
OP here, I'm about the same as the person above. Tiiny bit of extra inclination to be depressed, but then again im only 1 week in and am taking half of her dose. I actually feel better and more happy for the most part (maybe because of the changes im noticing). Ill update on any changes or depressed feelings after a month. Actually might make the move to 50mg cypro once i see where im at with 25.
>>
File: Illustration_01_65.png (654 KB, 640x561) Image search: [Google]
Illustration_01_65.png
654 KB, 640x561
>>6310989
>>6311048
I'm also in the US, and I was on Spiro for like 6 years before I figured out it was wrecking me in so many ways.

I switched to Bicalutamide (one 50mg pill daily) a little over a month ago. Kept my Estradiol the same (one 2mg pill three times daily), and I also added Finasteride (one 5mg pill daily).

All my negative side effects of Spiro went away pretty much instantly, but unlike the Cypro anons I didn't notice any huge gains in feminization differences.

Though do not get a prescription for Casadox (the brand name for Bica) since it is twice as much. Just ask for a script for the generic, which is simply called Bicalutamide.

Then use GoodRx to get an affordable price ($17-$30). If you do not do this then Bica is like $250 and Casodex is like $500. This does not require any health insurance.

Plus you can get Estradiol for cheap on the Walgreens prescription drug card, which again does not require any insurance.

Also, I mentioned to my dermatologist that I started 5mg of Finasteride at the same time to prevent early stages of hair loss, and he told me that I should only take half a pill a day because anything over 2.5mg doesn't help any more for hair loss prevention, but just increases the other side effects.

My dermatologist seems way smarter, more competent, and researches everything under the sun compared to my RN who gives me mones. My RN consistently has no clue what she is talking about with anything related to my health, in fact she seems like a huge idiot. I only go to her so I can get mones for cheap (sliding scale fee, informed consent... you get what you pay for I suppose).

Can anyone verify if what my dermatologist says is true? I believe him, but honestly, biology and chemistry are not my fortes.

>>6311039
So do you still pick up your prescription for Spiro in order to fool your endo?
>>
>>6311242
As funny as it sounds, I actually do lol. I also have prescription for finasteride that i pick up as well. I kinda stopped taking that one since im taking cypro. Not sure if its okay to take both desu.
>>
>>6311242
You're a godsend. Thank you so much.
>>
>>6310989

>not self-medding
>not appreciating IC even if your state doesn't have it
>most states offer gender change on licenses and birth certificate, some states have employment protections, I haven't even heard of any American on /lgbt/ having to do RLE

Come on, senpai. We may not have cypro approved by the FDA, but we have other things too. There are also medroxyprogesterone acetate injections, which last 3 months.
>>
>>6311242

>and he told me that I should only take half a pill a day because anything over 2.5mg doesn't help any more for hair loss prevention,

I got told the same thing from my doctor. It's probably legit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.