[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: why do most cultures in the world look down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1464700201723.jpg (3 MB, 5511x4258) Image search: [Google]
1464700201723.jpg
3 MB, 5511x4258
Serious question: why do most cultures in the world look down gay sex? What is so bad about gay sex? Every male have anal pleasure.

I'm not talking about feminine and flamboyant faggots (I hate them too). I'm talking about normal guys who have wives, family and kids and still have recreational sex with another males, especially friends, just like in ancient Athens.
>>
>>6299679
It's mostly because of the prevalence of the Abrahamic death cults, but might also have something to do with being an uncultured spear-chucker.
>>
>>6299679
It's a disgusting abnormality
>>
>>6299679

I've seen it claimed that gay friendly cultures only respected tops, and bottoming was viewed as shameful. This is a rightwing antigay claim, that could be true but seems really convienent. Always. Across all times and places. No such thing as downlow bros or social conventions that everybody claims to uphold but secretly breaks and nobody will admit to breaking publicly.

Another rightwing antigay claim is that homosexuality is extremely rare in hunter gatherer societies.
>>
>>6299679
Because most of the world is still considered a developing economy.

developing countries have lax labour laws so the price of labour goes down therefore the demand goes up.
In contrast developed countries the cost of labour goes up therefore its demand is down.

Gay people in developing economies are seen disadvantageous for parents and the heads of a community. which causes a societal shift to non acceptance.

Its all economics bitch
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>6301442
>>
>>6299679
You noticed all of those places are overpopulated?
>>
>mfw I love Russia
>mfw Russia despises my kind

why even live?
>>
File: 1457977710664.jpg (23 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
1457977710664.jpg
23 KB, 598x399
>>6299690
>>
>>6301442
South american countries like Brazil and Argentina are developing countries yet they rank higher than countries like Japan and South Korea
>>
>>6301442
how come the richest country in the world openly kills gay people?
>>
>>6299679
>Brazil

It's not, really/
Specially if you're trans.
>>
>>6299679
People in ancient Athens did not have anal sex, they had intercrural sex.
>>
>>6299679
>why do most cultures in the world look down gay sex?
Because they're savage uncivilised barbarians.

Western culture is the only culture that matters, and it's pretty ok to live in.
>>
>>6299909
This is something that has been prevalent since vikings. They didn't condemn gay sex, and gay rape was normal, but giving yourself to a man like that was shameful and not masculine. The Abrahamic religions demonized all kinds of acts between men but Arab countries are full of hypocrites who fuck men constantly and say "it's not gay" since they're just topping.

It really didn't help that just when gays managed to win some justice in America, the AIDS epidemic begun. And I see people still using these AIDS statistics from the 80s as proof against gays.
>>
The only answer that comes to my mind is that without an expectation of men to chase women society doesn't know how to deal with men.
>>
>>6304240
Because Rich != strong labour laws

>>6304149
Argentina is fairly developed in comparison to other Latin American countries

and brazil well
>>6304304

And although i think economics is a powerful determiner of trends there are still anomalies because the world is very multi faceted. Perhaps "Its all economics bitch" is not the best term but
" Economics is a powerful determiner for socio conditions but still is subject to anomalies and lagging information/implementation curve " isn’t quite catchy enough
>>
>>6299679
How the fuck is my country in the orange? I'd expect it to be -10000
>>
>>6304474
>Argentina is fairly developed in comparison to other Latin American countries

that doesn't at all answer the question
>>
I'm in Lithuania... It's not as bad as people say but it's just the life here in general isn't very glorious
>don't know any gay guys
>poor, can't travel somewhere else to meet guys
>nothing to do except drink alcohol, alone in my flat
>tfw no bf
>tfw alcoholic in my 20s
>>
>>6299679
>I'm not talking about feminine and flamboyant faggots (I hate them too).
The problem is that they think the majority of gay people are like that.
>>
>>6304624
Why is Argentina LGBT friendly
its one of the top developing nations and has a very high HDI Period. Sorry unnecessary comparisons are a force of habit.

there answered your question
>>
>>6304680
>there answered your question
no, it didn't
>South american countries like Brazil and Argentina are developing countries yet they rank higher than countries like Japan and South Korea

you claim that the reason most of the cultures of the world look down on man sex because most of the world are developing countries, yet developing countries like Brazil and Argentina are more LGBT friendly than developed countries like Japan and South Korea.
>>
>>6304709
South korea and japan are more on the side of lagging implementation. South korea because its very recent development and japan because the map shown is quite inaccurate. Japan has many Pro LGBT legistlations coming to ballot and a lot of common LGBT issues are not present in Japan yet the ones this map is evaluated on ( we have no source so IDFK) are slanted.

Although sense this whole discussion is based off of a false premise ( the map is not a legitimate scale of LGBT acceptance) Some other factors that deal with acceptance is the retaliative ability for youth to be independent which has a lot to do with Human Development Laws ( perhaps a better factor then simply Labour Laws) but also has cultural factors which is much more of a muddy area.
>>
>>6299679
>I'm talking about normal guys who have wives, family and kids and still have recreational sex with another males

why are most males, straight or gay, serial cheaters? especially homos who make a woman his beard, unknowingly--why not just NOT string her along/waste her time with his issues with his own gayness?
>>
>>6304131
>implying is not truth.
>implying jewish religion is not the seed of the majority of hate, wars and discrimination in our current age.
>>
>>6304304
I'm brazilian, trans, and there's a hospital in my state capital that literally gives you full trans treatment for free at a high standard. Gets university funding because it's technically a scientific experiment but pretty much sends you out with FFS, HRT, GRS and psychological therapy all done.

The populace might be shit, but it's far from a bad place to be.
>>
>>6304760
>Japan has many Pro LGBT legistlations coming to ballot
So do most latin american countries.

Also on a political level, the US has largely seen fit to keep most central american countries under the control of governments that are rabidly opposed to LGBT rights.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.