[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to not want to date transgendered women? Am I transphobic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Graphic As A Star.jpg (314 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Graphic As A Star.jpg
314 KB, 1500x1500
Is it wrong to not want to date transgendered women? Am I transphobic? If so, how do I overcome this?
>>
No it's not wrong
>>
>>6297902

From what I've seen there seems to be a bias towards Trans people in general. Be it because it's such a big issue now or whatever. Trolling aside, is there actually anything wrong for not wanting to date someone because of their transition? Is it any different for not wanting to date someone because of the people they hang around with, their promiscuous nature, laziness, etc.
>>
>>6297917
>From what I've seen there seems to be a bias towards Trans people in general

I meant that from what I've seen on /lgbt/
>>
>>6297894
As a trans woman, I see literally no problem with this. You like who you like, and though it hurts that trans woman have to be seen as different from cis women, I understand that it it unavoidable. It makes sense that some people are uncomfortable knowing somebody was born the opposite sex, as sad as it is, for me at least.

So don't feel bad, OP. Go date cis women, have a good time. Be yourself. After all, I'm being myself by transitioning, why shouldn't you also be allowed to be yourself?
>>
>>6297894
You are free to bang or not bang whatever type of people you like. Your orientation or personal interests are your own. If you don't want to bang a chick who has a wiener, that's fine.

~MtF Tranny
>>
no it's not okay. cisbians need to be given a good dicking they'll surely enjoy. everyone loves the big clit.
>>
MTF here. It is not wrong so long as you are not a jerk about it and don't try to otherwise push politically against our rights.
>>
>>6297917
>their promiscuous nature
STOP SLUT SHAMING YOU DISGUSTING CIS MALE SKUM
>>
>>6297894
wanting to date a post op until you find out they're trans is a bit gross
but you like who you like
>>
It's a bit like not wanting to date someone because of their race. Is it "racist" not to want to date black guys? Personally I don't think that it is.

Is it "transphobic" not to want to date trans women? Well, no. The rejection hurts, but if a man doesn't find me attractive because of some aspect of my body, that's not something either of us can help.
>>
>>6298605
Yes it is racist. You may have preferences but if you categorically exclude a whole race then yes its racist. If a tgirl is post op and you'd fug her but then you find out she's trans and oh no I dont wanna do that, yeah that's transphobic. Maybe u dont like penis or whatever thats one reason but if a transwoman passes and is postop then what's the problem? Only prejudice
>>
File: something you will never have.jpg (163 KB, 1275x753) Image search: [Google]
something you will never have.jpg
163 KB, 1275x753
>>6298674
>t if a transwoman passes and is postop then what's the problem?
>>
>>6297894
Its fine. If you don't find trannies attractive there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>6297894
It's not wrong.

Transgender "women" are actually men. They are men with a very unfortunate mental illness. It is no their fault, and by transitioning they are just trying to feel better about themselves.

That does not change the fact that they are, and always will be men. They are men who have tinkered with their endocrine systems and perhaps had surgery as well in order to look more like a female. But they are still men, and it is still totally okay to only want to sleep with actual cis women and not men who are pretending to be one.

t. realistic tranny.
>>
if this was tumblr you'd be screwed. Its good seeing /lgbt/ being mote sensible.
>>
>>6298674
>if a transwoman passes and is postop then what's the problem?

So you're fine with the widespread prejudices against pre-op women?

You're fine with the widespread prejudices against non-passing women?

That seems like a completely arbitrary place to draw the line.
>>
I actually found a post on tumblr of all places that makes actual fucking sense. Reposting here.

"Ok. So. I would like to preface this by saying I’m a trans dude.
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really don’t think it’s transphobic to turn someone down based on their genitals. I see a LOT of trans people say that it is, or that it’s reducing people to their genitals, or whatever.
The thing is, a lot of the time it’s not a choice. What you’ve got downstairs does tend to be a big part of a person’s sexuality, and we tend to forget that. Some gay dudes are 100% not into vaginas. They think they’re icky, do not want. Part of the whole “gay” package. Some gay girls 100% do not want dick. They think they’re repulsive. This is part of their sexuality. Same goes for heterosexuals.
See, the thing is, people are not obligated to be attracted to you. It sucks when someone finds out that you have genitals that don’t match your gender identity and say, “no thanks.” It hurts. It makes you feel like shit. But your gender identity does not negate someone else’s sexual orientation.
A lot of the time, people end up being more flexible than they thought they were. If they meet someone that they just fall in love with, and then find out they’re packing something unexpected, they might go “yeah, I’m not really into that, but I’m into you. We’ll make it work.” But it doesn’t always work that way.
Everything sucks and life is suffering. Transition is hard and kinda shitty. Each and every single one of us knew this going in, and we did it anyways, because the alternative is harder and shittier. But you can’t claim transphobia because someone’s sexuality doesn’t work the way you want it to."

In my opinion, anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and narcissistic.
>>
File: bender discrimination.png (465 KB, 610x576) Image search: [Google]
bender discrimination.png
465 KB, 610x576
>this thread
>>
File: morecheeki.jpg (172 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
morecheeki.jpg
172 KB, 640x586
>>6297917
I would never date a tranny post-op or want to be with a trans-person who is planning on going getting SRS. Literally the best thing about them is the feminine dick. This only applies to MtF I have no interest what so ever in FtM. I don't know why but I find nothing attractive about them.
As a whole all the trans people I know are to crazy for any real long term relationships and yes they are sluts if they can get away with it.
>>
>>6298723
I'm not okay with it but my point is that if you aren't cool with being with someone with a D, I dont think that's transphobia,just sexual incompatibility.

>>6298690
Thats another valid reason. I assume they also wouldn't date an infertile ciswoman though.
>>
>>6297894
If it's because you think they're disgusting fake-men/women only doing it for attention or because they're perverts or delusional then yeah. If it's just because you're not attracted to their appearance/personality/genitals or just don't want to deal with all the stress and issues of trans shit then no.
>>
>>6298690
So you demand a fertility test before going steady with someone?
>>
>>6298721
If anything trannies become something in-between the sexes, some kind or artificial intersex, since they're hardly men anymore when they have female hormone profiles, female secondary sexual characteristics, lose their male primary sexual characteristics from surgery and fill the social role of women.
>>
>>6298748
Did not bother to read the thread and just assumed some raving tumblr strawman?
Most posts are agreeing that it's reasonable to not date someone for reasons like not being attracted to their genitals or appearance even if it sucks for them.
>>
>>6297894
Think of it like this, if you met a girl and you liked her and got to know her and then were sexually attracted to her, but when you got closer to her she told you she used to be a guy, would that effect your feelings for her?

If yes then you shouldn't date transgendered women and there's no reason for you to do so. There's no right or wrong, we don't choose the people we love.
>>
>>6298971
Don't be thick. Having children is a big deal to a lot of people, and if you KNOW you have fertility issues that would make you unable to have children with your partner (yes, honey, that includes being trans), it's dishonest to hide that from them.
>>
>>6298810
>I assume they also wouldn't date an infertile ciswoman though.
Infertile cis women don't make a habit of trying to hide their infertility, though. There isn't a huge internet community of infertile women who want to learn how to "pass" as fertile.
>>
Of course not, you're not obligated to date anybody. It does kind of confuse me though.
If you meet a girl you really like and then find out she's trans and don't want to date her anymore, that's weird to me.
Like superficially nothing has changed. So why? She has boobs and a vagina and you were attracted to those things before you found out she was trans, right?
Now if she had a cock I would understand. But It's a little weird that finding out that an attractive person you like used to be a guy would be such a turn off that you wouldn't want to date them anymore.
>>
>>6297894
I myself am trans, to an extent.
Taking female hormones to look more feminine/as much a girl as possible, without SRS or any of that crap.

I just want to appear androgynous.

That said, it isn't wrong, it's a preference, aa is race, if there is no underlying bigotry at work and simply going off certain things.

With trans people, on average, a relationship can be risky, due to their overly sensitive nature having to had dealt with what they've had in life.
Or just physical attraction not being present, which is also not wrong, either.

You're totally in the clear OP, and anyone who would say otherwise is probably a tumblrina or a faggot who's jealous they're not seen as dateable because muh feelings.
>>
>>6299338
>Having children is a big deal to a lot of people
Sure, so if it's really so important to you then you should obviously demand a fertility test.

I mean most infertile people don't realise until they're trying to get pregnant with someone and can't. Being a tranny is just one of many medical conditions that cause infertility and you'll be just as unable to have kids regardless of the cause.

If reproduction is above all other factors in a relationship for you then you should logically demand proof of fertility before considering a long-term relationship.

Also, I never suggested anyone should hide anything from a prospective romantic partner, that's you projecting based on some strawman of my views that you've conjured up in your imagination.
>>
>>6297894
I don't see why you should "overcome the fact" that you're transphobic.
>>
>>6297894
Take it from me, bub-- no that's not wrong. I'm trans, btw. It's no different than a gay man not wanting to date a woman. It's a sexual preference.
>>
>>6301500
To elaborate, what is wrong is trying to make people feel like shit for their preferences. That goes for if people make you feel like shit for not being attracted to X or if you do the same to others.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.